Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 08:14 AM   #1
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

Exclamation Stop cursing and starting arguments.

When I accepted the position of a moderator I said this place will become civil.

That means no confrontational posts, no name calling, no attempts to incite someone into a confrontation and NO using bad language.

I let a little slip in if done a certain way. But I am seeing way too much around here. I have started threads before about behavior and like a class of unruly children you need to be reminded.

Check your in-box, if I did delete anything major or your behavior is unacceptable I will contact you privately.

If I edit your post it's for a reason, stop calling people retarded please. Also stop using $ for S so the program doesn't edit your post. I will delete those type of words when I find them.

If your post is filled with expletives I will delete your entire post rather than take the time to go through it and delete each one.

If you do not like what I am doing than take it up with the people running Insidehoops.

As long as I am a moderator here I will do my best to keep this place a civil and friendly place.

The major reason for this is that as the Knicks become big winners more people will be inclined to come here to participate. If they do and find a bunch of foul mouthed little children who can only argue and attack each other they will go elsewhere.

Also this is the Internet and we as adults have a responsibility, this is not an adult forum. People under 18 have access to it without a warning, that means keep it clean.

If having fun means cursing and starting childish arguments go elsewhere for you fun.

Last edited by bigdaddybluesman : 07-11-2007 at 12:39 PM.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:13 PM   #2
blazerfan22
Retro is in

Default Re: Stop cursing and starting arguments.

Huh?
Old 07-11-2007, 11:15 PM   #3
rnp614
Saw a basketball once

Thank God. I wish this WAS a 18+ forum...
Old 07-12-2007, 12:19 AM   #4
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

As one of the fellow mod's on this forum, I really don't delete alot of posts unless they tend to be degrading someone, or may offend someone casually passing through.

I enjoy talking Knicks basketball.

I also hang out in the main forum alot. I tend to cut up alot more there.

Sometimes it seems that if we don't agree with someone, we just automatically call them names.

Some names are much worse than others. But truthfully none have any place here.

In times past I have probably started and finished alot of arguments. On our board and the main forum.

Guys, we have one of the most active team boards on here.

With a horde of knowledgeable fans.

Personally I hope it stays that way.

Our team is one of the best partly because we do for the most part respect each other.

We will never agree 100%. That's boring if we did.

We must continue to respect each other. Do that because you want the next member to do it to you.

Knickscity
Old 07-12-2007, 01:05 AM   #5
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
You do that...have fun. I can see this is the highlight of your life.

No, actually it's work, some people make it that way for moderators.

It's my responsibility, maybe some people don't understand that or what responsibility is.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:58 PM   #6
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

I was a soldier during the cold war and protected this country by serving on the German border for the U.S. Army. I spent countless nights in the freezing cold walking around with night vision goggles on patrol. It wasn't fun but it was my job.

I was in the 1/11th ACR, I was a cavalry scout. ACR= Armored Cavalry Regiment

I am insulted by you even saying in jest about our soldiers in Iraq and doing this job as a moderator in a comparison.

It only shows your childish ignorance.

It's not personal it's a job.

What you endured was in the past before I became a moderator. Since then nobody has anybody called you names so get your facts straight franchize.

But in all honesty I don't think get you it because you have no clue. You go around here insulting people and using foul language looking for attention like a child who nobody pays any attention to. So you act out......

Last edited by bigdaddybluesman : 07-15-2007 at 07:12 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:

Closed Thread