Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 07-12-2007, 01:35 PM   #31
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Default Re: Knicks Summer League

AMEN. Courtney Alexander (And sadly enough I thought he was going to be real good. I wanted the Knicks to get him) Paul McPherson. Deshawn Stevenson.DeJuan Wagner.just to name a few guys who were superstars in the summer league. lmao Nate Robinson also.

just to kinda change the pace of this topic, Nate Robinson looks really bad out there. To me that shows how meaningless points are in the Summer League. You get so many garbage baskets from people who will never make it to the Pros screwing up. I watch players offensive arsenal and their ability to stay in front of their man. Not check boxscores. A guy could have 30 one game and 3 the next. Happens all the time in Summer League. Nate looks really bad to me. He is still as wil and out of control as he was rookie year. The only thing he seemed to improve was his jumpshot. This guy SHOULD NOT be anyones backup. Especially when your pg is 30+ (even though Steph is one of the most physically fit pgs in the history of the game).WE NEED TO TRADE NATE AND WE NEED TO DO IT NOW!!!!! We need a 2 guard btw. I was noticing we don't have one true 2 on our team.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 02:51 PM   #32
j Fresh
Local High School Star

Maybe you guys didn't understand me. I know Kevin Durant is better than Wilson Chandler. I understand that. But I'd rather have Wilson Chandler on the Knicks, because we have too many scorers, too many offensive minded players.

With Wilson Chandler you know you are going to get good defense out of him, rebounding, steals, and he's going to be happy rather he scores 20 points or 2 points. Kevin Durant is a scorer, he's going to be an All-Star and all that he's better than Wilson Chandler.

I'm not a Knick homer, I am just a fan like all of you.
j Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 02:55 PM   #33
j Fresh
Local High School Star

It's like choosing between Carmelo Anthony & Tayshaun Prince.

Carmelo Anthony is clearly the better player, but with Tay, you can't lose either. A team player who does everything out there.

Does that make me a Pistons homer?
Old 07-12-2007, 03:47 PM   #34
knicks15
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by j Fresh
It's like choosing between Carmelo Anthony & Tayshaun Prince.

Carmelo Anthony is clearly the better player, but with Tay, you can't lose either. A team player who does everything out there.

Does that make me a Pistons homer?

its more like choosing between carmello anthony and wilson chandler.
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 04:22 PM   #35
j Fresh
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicks15
its more like choosing between carmello anthony and wilson chandler.

No you can't say that. You know it's not a fair comparison. If it was Carmelo I'd take him in an istant. Carmelo can do everything besides score. He's not just a scorer, and even though Durant will eventually get stronger, right now he's just a puny little boy among men. He struggled against Balkman, how will he fare with the rest of the league?

You're acting like I'd pick Chandler over everyone in the lottery.

The only players I don't like from the draft right now is Durant & Noah.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:21 PM   #36
knicks15
Local High School Star

Quote:
No you can't say that. You know it's not a fair comparison. If it was Carmelo I'd take him in an istant. Carmelo can do everything besides score. He's not just a scorer, and even though Durant will eventually get stronger, right now he's just a puny little boy among men. He struggled against Balkman, how will he fare with the rest of the league?

theres probably GMs that would rather have durant than anthony. offer a trade of chandler for anthony and ud probably get suspended from the league. and why exactly does durant have to be so strong, hes not a 4 or 5.

Quote:
You're acting like I'd pick Chandler over everyone in the lottery.

The only players I don't like from the draft right now is Durant & Noah.

that makes ur statements even worse. youre only comparin him to probably the best rookie out there and noah. meanin u think all the other lottery picks r better than durant lol. this guy was head n shoulders above everyone not named oden in the draft. id love to struggle and still put up 18 pts. btw, do u like these rookies too?:

Yi: 12.4 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 25%
Corey Brewer: 12 ppg, 10 rpg, 26%
Oden: 9.5 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 60%
Jeff Green: 8.7 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 33%
Glen Davis: 8.3 ppg, 8.7 rpg, 28%
Jason Smith: 8.4 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 40%
Durant: 18 ppg, 1 rpg, 25%
Old 07-13-2007, 11:34 AM   #37
j Fresh
Local High School Star

I'd rather have any of these four right now RIGHT NOW.. not in the long run besides Oden

Old 07-13-2007, 11:35 AM   #38
j Fresh
Local High School Star

If you want to win now, draft a player who can help you win now.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:51 AM   #39
knicks15
Local High School Star

Quote:
I'd rather have any of these four right now RIGHT NOW.. not in the long run besides Oden

and whats your basis for that? that theyre lookin good in summer league?
Old 07-13-2007, 11:52 AM   #40
knicks15
Local High School Star

Quote:
If you want to win now, draft a player who can help you win now.

n how do they help u win now? yi is lookin very raw btw, and i havent seen any of the others play but durant easily outscorin them all
Old 07-13-2007, 05:25 PM   #41
Don Che
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Lol this is hysterical.... Yi is more of a project then Durant.
The only guy who I would take over Durant is the guy that WAS takin b4 him.

Corey Brewer is just as weak as Durant and they will be playin the same position.

And I can't believe somone would take chandler over Durant for the knicks.

If the knicks had that pick, Marbury,Jamal, and almost everyone else on the perimeter would be traded so he can get his shots.

Ray Allen was traded so this kid can get his shots. Ray is better then everyone on this team other then Zach.

Can't believe this is even a arguement. Durant is a beast and CAN(NOT WILL U NEVER KNOW) be rookie of the year. He had a bad day and Balkman was hounding him and I HOPE Chandler becomes just as good as Durant but he seems to dissapear in certain games but atleast he plays D and passes to the open man.
Don Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 06:39 PM   #42
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

Durant is a beast

We won't know what he is for some time.

The glaring issue was not how many points he scored or didn't, it was that fact he had no assists and no rebounds. None

So there are issues.

I really thought this was a weak draft and there was a lot of guys who were of equal value.

This is one of those drafts I feel nobody can gauge for a few years. Most are like that but this more so.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 07:00 PM   #43
knicks15
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddybluesman
Durant is a beast

We won't know what he is for some time.

The glaring issue was not how many points he scored or didn't, it was that fact he had no assists and no rebounds. None

So there are issues.

I really thought this was a weak draft and there was a lot of guys who were of equal value.

This is one of those drafts I feel nobody can gauge for a few years. Most are like that but this more so.

lol u really dont follow the nba outside of the knicks huh? either that or u been hibernating for the past few months. all we heard about was how strong n deep this draft was for the past couple months n then u go and say u think it was a weak draft.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:20 PM   #44
skillswithaz
I bust ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicks15
lol u really dont follow the nba outside of the knicks huh? either that or u been hibernating for the past few months. all we heard about was how strong n deep this draft was for the past couple months n then u go and say u think it was a weak draft.
yeah but the thing is, half of the players who we thought were coming out the past few months decided to stay in college, thus making this draft much weaker. Who's the one hibernating eh?

I do disagree with BDB though, I think this draft was pretty strong, even into the second round. At least compared to last years it was.
skillswithaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 08:25 PM   #45
knicks15
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillswithaz
yeah but the thing is, half of the players who we thought were coming out the past few months decided to stay in college, thus making this draft much weaker. Who's the one hibernating eh?

I do disagree with BDB though, I think this draft was pretty strong, even into the second round. At least compared to last years it was.

lol half the players stayed? who exactly is half? i remember a couple players stayin n they werent at the top of the class anyway. regardless its compared to the 96 n 03 drafts
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: