Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 07-03-2007, 01:18 PM   #1
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

Default I have one of those feelings.....Artest.

Isiah is not done.

I think since he has had success with Curry he thinks his background will allow him to get through to any problem player.

Zach Randolph for instance, I believe he will get this guy to be what he has been plus!!!

Now what I have bubbling in my brain is another trade Isiah is brewing up.

Some how we are going to get Ron Artest.

We might see someone go. I hope it's not Balkman.

SAC is not a very good team and I think they need to jettison Artest and start rebuilding. So we might have to give them next years #1.

To make the numbers look good Jefferies, who they could use and Nate, they could use a guy like him off the bench.

I think the 2 for one deal works out for use because we have too many contracts and the money works. Artest is making 7.4 million, Jefferies is making about 6 million and Nate and another player maybe Rose whose contract is over this season so they can jettison him.

I really think Jefferies and Nate would help the SAC team, they aren't very good and I know they want to get rid of Artest. They also get our #1 and that would be important to them.

Curry
Randolph
Artest
Crawford
Marbury

OMG if that lineup jells we have something and a good bench with some young players for the future. Artest is team oriented and plays defense, he also gets assists, but I think he's a bit crazy.

Backups.

Morris
Lee
Balkman
Q
Collins

Chandler and Nichols makes the team.

Jones maybe, Dickau trade fodder or buyout.

Cato is gone he only signed a one year contract if I am not mistaken.

Jerome James will be put in charge of the concession stands.

The problem is at center, if we rid ourselves of James and Jefferies Morris has to ready for some minutes or in case curry gets hurt.

So maybe Jefferies is here to stay because he can play the center position in a pinch and Q who can play a good SF is the odd man out if we get Artest. They might want Q if he passes a physical. Q would also help SAC.

Too bad we can't trade Jerome James......but you never know. I thought NOBODY would take Francis.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:26 PM   #2
ilovetoplayball
Learning to shoot layups

Default Re: I have one of those feelings.....Artest.

that would be a crazy line up that is at least the 6 seed if it jeels key word jells
ilovetoplayball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:28 PM   #3
ilovetoplayball
Learning to shoot layups

oh and may i add we will also have one of the best benches in the league and the bench will be very energetic with q and lee
ilovetoplayball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 03:08 PM   #4
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

You really don't want a player like Jeffries playing center, Lee would do a much better job.

Anyways I'm kinda hesitant in trading our 1st rounder for Artest, but I realize that it might be the only reason why Sac would trade Artest an expirer for a bad contract like Jeffries. If we do get Artest, I think we will end up trading Jeffries, Nate, and Randolph. Not a bad deal.

And I think Q-Rich would start at the 2 as well. He gives us more consistency (when health) and is a much better defender. Besides Crawford has found a niche of coming off the bench, so he's used to that role.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 04:07 PM   #5
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

I hope we get Artest, that would be a nice pick up.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 04:28 PM   #6
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

Actually Crawford does not like coming off the bench and probably is our starting 2.

Curry likes him and so does Marbury, they out rule us.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:03 PM   #7
Blue&Orange
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddybluesman
SAC is not a very good team and I think they need to jettison Artest and start rebuilding. So we might have to give them next years #1.

To make the numbers look good Jefferies, who they could use and Nate, they could use a guy like him off the bench.
Jeffries, Nate, Fred Jones and First pick 2008.

Artest won't use his player option, so he will be FA next season. This way Sacramento get's something.
A defensive SF, a expirer, a young PG and a first round pick.

Knicks:

Guards: Marbury, Collins, Crawford, Q.
Forwards: Artest, Balkman, Zach, Lee
Centers: Curry, Morris.

Plus Chandler and Nichols... and maybe rose, we could hold on to his contract one more year.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 09:02 PM   #8
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Made this post in the main forum*

Artest seems to really be in play. If Isiah pulls this off without giving up Lee it can be a win win situation.

I dont like the move because their is no way this could be a coheisive unit. To many people will demand the ball.

Worse case scenerio:
Artest and Randolph will dribble the ball until the clock is almost dead. I think Curry will get the ball early in the clock if he doesnt score and passes it out he wont see it again that possession. Once Curry is double teamed will he be able to pass out of it? Randolph will try to get to the rack and Curry will be in his way with his defender. Artest will dribble the clock out if he brings it up and probably wont move the ball around to the other players....

The only way this works is if they believe what IT says as a coach. It will take time to develop continuity and if they are losing doing it IT way there may be a revolt.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 09:55 PM   #9
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

I think Artest is maybe exactly what this team needs.

He's a little older and he's crazy.

I think he will be more of an on court leader and keep guys like Curry and Randolph is place.

Between Artest and Isiah they can keep everybody in place. It's a respect and chemistry thing, I feel artest might the the catalyst that makes the Curry, Randolph thing work.

With Curry, Randolph, Artest and Lee coming off the bench that is a formidable front court and one that provides almost everything a championship teams needs.

Artest doesn't need the ball, he's happy playing defense, distributing, he does have a nice assist average and taking his shot when it there.

I can see a great inside out game and a little two man thing between C and Z, as soon as one of them goes in the wrong direction you can bet Artest will say something.

I was a against getting Artest but with C and Z it will work.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:49 PM   #10
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

One thing I love about Artest is his intensity and maybe his "bad boy image" could toughen us up a bit. I remember hearing a quote from him criticizing the practice for not being intense enough. And I still laugh at this quote all the time:

Quote:
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'"

He would definitely push some of our players and maybe could bring Curry's intensity up on the defensive end.

But he has two main problems. He thinks he's an offensive star ala Kobe, Tmac, LBJ, etc, and he's nuts. I think the first issue could be solved because with this team he wouldn't really need to do much on the offensive end, but you ain't fixing the second problem.

Quote:
"I've never taken medication (to control moods) in my life. Doctors have suggested it and I say, 'OK, give it to me.' But I throw it in the garbage immediately." -- Ron Artest.

Last edited by ALBballer : 07-04-2007 at 09:10 AM.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:15 PM   #11
HKSVIP
I usually hit open layups

We'd have to do it soon or Artest won't be able to play his Summer League games.
HKSVIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 07:29 AM   #12
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddybluesman
I think Artest is maybe exactly what this team needs.

He's a little older and he's crazy.

I think he will be more of an on court leader and keep guys like Curry and Randolph is place.

Between Artest and Isiah they can keep everybody in place. It's a respect and chemistry thing, I feel artest might the the catalyst that makes the Curry, Randolph thing work.

With Curry, Randolph, Artest and Lee coming off the bench that is a formidable front court and one that provides almost everything a championship teams needs.

Artest doesn't need the ball, he's happy playing defense, distributing, he does have a nice assist average and taking his shot when it there.

I can see a great inside out game and a little two man thing between C and Z, as soon as one of them goes in the wrong direction you can bet Artest will say something.

I was a against getting Artest but with C and Z it will work.
Artest needs the ball thats why him and bibby dont get along.... they cant play together anymore! This is only provided that these players buy into feed Curry theory...

I think Artest could be the offensive go to option as a player to be honest... He reminds me Mashburn an unguardable player by smalls or bigs...

Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 09:38 AM   #13
Corporate Bucks
Saw a basketball once

I would love to see the Knicks make a deal like this...... Artest would bring something this team that has been LACKING since the days of Patrick Ewing & Charles Oakley......ATTITUDE!!!!! I think if we package up the expiring contracts of Dan Dickau & Fred Jones and through Jared Jefferies in there as well...... I think we can get this deal done and free up some roster space at the same time..... Damn it Zeke pull the trigger already (lol)!!!!!
Corporate Bucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:15 PM   #14
Big C
Not airballing my layups anymore

Isiah is not done. If you remember during the Zach R.'s press confrence Zach said he like the team then he looked at Isiah and asked is this the team? Like there were more trades to be made.

I think without a doubt you have to go after Artest. As of right now we will probably win about 41 games. If you have Artest you are talking about 50 plus games.
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:54 PM   #15
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

I really wanna see this.

With healthy team, the Knicks should be playoff bound.

I like Artest defense primarily, but he is a threat on offense.

If it were to go down, hopefully without Lee or Balkman being ivolved.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: