Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
The Cavs' summer so far... where does it rank all-time? Remember, this was supposed to be the year everything was going to explode, because Kyrie was up for his first longterm contract extension and he might decline it
What has transpired thus far...
1. Fire Mike Brown.
2. Receive No. 1 pick in draft lottery drawing.
3. David Blatt chosen after exhaustive coaching search. Ty Lue, runner-up in coaching search signs as his assistant.
4. Kyrie Irving agrees to a max extension minutes after teams are allowed to talk to players.
5. Cavaliers draft Andrew Wiggins.
6. Kevin Love announces that he'd sign in Cleveland longterm if James decides to return.
7. LeBron James returns to Cleveland.
8. Veteran sharp-shooter Mike Miller joins the roster at a reduced rate. Shawn Marion looks to be following his lead.
9. Kevin Love is officially traded to the Cavs and plans to sign a five-year extension.
How did we go from No. 1 to No. 9 in a couple short months?
I say five things...
1) Miami got cheap and cut some role guys. That clearly drove a wedge with Lebron.
2) Lebron missed being home. When you have more kids, maybe party in Miami didn't seems as fun.
3) Irving started looking better. Way better.
4) Riley is an obxnoxious **** and challenged Lebron to stay. That was great.
5) Melo and Lebron spoke (as per Alan Hahn) and instead of colluding, their general consesus was they should not be punked in terms of salary. Miami wanted Lebron to take a pay cut to facilitate moves. Cleveland from the get go was "who do we need to kill to pay you max?" I wouldn't discount the importance of that.