Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Default Re: Shaq O'Neal vs Hakeem Olajuwon: Who is the greatest center in NBA history?

Quote Originally Posted by kraze94
    What a horrible thread.

Whoever thinks that the 2 best Centers in NBA history are Hakeem and Shaq, and nobody comes close, knows nothing about the NBA or basketball in general.
    If you understand the NBA, you'll know why Kareem, Wilt, Russell, etc aren't even close to Hakeem and Shaq.

Lakers fans, stop overrating Kareem and start defending your true franchise GOAT center who gave you 3 consecutive titles.

Shaq >>> Kareem.

Value Ape.

Default Re: Shaq O'Neal vs Hakeem Olajuwon: Who is the greatest center in NBA history?

Ignore this gimmick account asap peeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Manute for Ever!
    Kareem, Wilt, Russell. Those guys are in the mix, too. Oh, that's right, they're from the past, they don't count. Silly me.
    Kareem played in a WEAK era for the first half of his career. The 70s was a WEAK era. Wilt and Russell played in a WEAK era for their entire career, so their accomplishments are worthless.

Shaq in the 60s/70s = 60 ppg, 35 rpg, 8 apg, 80 FG%.

Hakeem in the 60s/70s = 50 ppg, 30 rpg, 10 apg, 8 spg, 12 bpg, 75 FG%.

I'm sorry but Shaq could have been. But he didn't stay in shape when he was on top. So he should be behind Hakeem.

Bol'd over

Quote Originally Posted by hall of fame
    Kareem played in a WEAK era for the first half of his career. The 70s was a WEAK era. Wilt and Russell played in a WEAK era for their entire career, so their accomplishments are worthless.

Shaq in the 60s/70s = 60 ppg, 35 rpg, 8 apg, 80 FG%.

Hakeem in the 60s/70s = 50 ppg, 30 rpg, 10 apg, 8 spg, 12 bpg, 75 FG%.
    BULLS, kareem played the other half of his career in the 80's and fared pretty well, you know, the era most refer to as the most dominant? Kareem played well against both Wilt and Olajuwon during his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Manute for Ever!
    BULLS, kareem played the other half of his career in the 80's and fared pretty well, you know, the era most refer to as the most dominant? Kareem played well against both Wilt and Olajuwon.
    Notice how Kareem averaged horrible numbers in the STRONG era aka the 80s. This is because he couldn't play well unless he was in a WEAK era against WEAK centers.

Kareem in a STRONG era < Pat Ewing, Zo Mourning.

Shaq + Hakeem in the 70s = combined averages of 90 ppg and 45 rpg.

Bol'd over

Notice how Kareem averaged horrible numbers in the STRONG era aka the 80s. This is because he couldn't play well unless he was in a WEAK era against WEAK centers.

Kareem in a STRONG era < Pat Ewing, Zo Mourning.

Horrible numbers the whole decade, or just when he was in his very late 30's-early 40's? Give it up, BULLS.

Bol'd over

You are kidding me?

Banned

this is a stupid thread
    if you want a good discussion, why do you narrow it down to choices, why not let us choose, and then form and argument???

Local High School Star

Please explain why it isn't.
    What you're doing is parallel to how retarded creationists/not-so-intelligent designers do when they attack perceived "holes" in evolution while completely failing to realize that even were their arguments true (which they are in retardworld, but not in the land of reality), it fails to provide positive evidence in support of their position. You have failed to make any substantive argument to back your claim.

The onus is on you to prove a positive (your position), not asking someone to prove a negative.

Great college starter

Shaq
    Hakeem
    DROB
    Wilt
    Kareem
    Ewing
    Artis Gilmore
    Nate Thurmond
    Walt Bellamy
    Elvin Hayes

It's all Turkododo do! BallPhunk's Avatar

Kareem is the MOPE (most overrated player ever).

By the way, it's usually the opposite for Shaq/Hakeem. Most people prefer Shaq's peak but Hakeem's career.

Someone help me out - I haven't been here that long but I know this cr@p sounds familiar. Who was/is this guy?

National High School Star

I think a Bulls player's name underneath the nickname might be a clue as to whose sock puppet this is.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by BallPhunk
    Someone help me out - I haven't been here that long but I know this cr@p sounds familiar. Who was/is this guy?
    KB24PAH or whatever his name is. He has like 5 different accounts.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by stephanieg
    KB24PAH or whatever his name is. He has like 5 different accounts.
    I was already accused of being one of them.