Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: McGrady says shoulder arthritic, knee slow to heal

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    If T-Mac got the surgery now, how much of the season would he miss?
    probably too much to justify the procedure at this point. i doubt the organization is careless about this stuff.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    If T-Mac got the surgery now, how much of the season would he miss?
    3 to 4 months.

NBA lottery pick

I would seriously contemplate the notion of bringing him off the bench. that would reduce the minutes and it will help our 2nd unit.

Starters
    Alston
    Artest
    Battier
    Scola
    Yao

Bench

McGrady
    barry
    Brooks
    Hayes
    Landry
    Francis

Quote Originally Posted by ronnymac
    I would seriously contemplate the notion of bringing him off the bench. that would reduce the minutes and it will help our 2nd unit.

Starters
    Alston
    Artest
    Battier
    Scola
    Yao

Bench

McGrady
    barry
    Brooks
    Hayes
    Landry
    Francis
    that definitely deserves consideration. you could work him up to peak form for the playoffs.

NBA lottery pick

Exactly. that would also smaller the burden on his allready fragile body.

Personally think with the addition of artest, there will be games where mcgrady depending on matchups might play around 25 minutes. adelman knows mcgrady has the ability to start scoring big points in the playoffs, but it's paramount to keep him somewhat healthy and fresh till then. expect mcgrady's minutes to reduce.
    Just what the doctor ordered.

Plus, in Adelman's offense, it would be nice to keep all the swingmen fresh and active on the court with regular rotations. Barry should see some time.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Luigi
    Just what the doctor ordered.

Plus, in Adelman's offense, it would be nice to keep all the swingmen fresh and active on the court with regular rotations.
    Exactly. lets be honest, even with the addition of the 4th best small forward in the league in artest, our chances in the playoffs still hinges on our best overall player in mcgrady. if we wanna compete with the big boys like la, utah, spurs and the hornets, he needs to be fresh for the playoffs. thats why i would even contemplate the notion of bringing him off the bench to lighten the burden.

damn, it's pretty hard being a mac fan nowadays, just when you think things are going for the better ... ... well, since he played injure last season, if he can just do what he did last season with slightly better percentages, i will be more than satisfied.

College superstar

Imagine how incredible Houston would be if McGrady was still producing like he did in Orlando. Whatever the cause, he certainly took a dive in his efficiency (FG% and FT%) starting in 03-04 (45.7% to 41.7%) and he never really recovered. I don't get it though since his rebounding and assists are about the same, you'd think a banged up back would hurt your boards more than your shooting...but I wouldn't know I guess.

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

Exactly. lets be honest, even with the addition of the 4th best small forward in the league in artest, our chances in the playoffs still hinges on our best overall player in mcgrady. if we wanna compete with the big boys like la, utah, spurs and the hornets, he needs to be fresh for the playoffs. thats why i would even contemplate the notion of bringing him off the bench to lighten the burden.
    I think bringing him off the bench would make it harder for him to find a groove, but I think that with Artest, McGrady and Yao they will all have less minutes in the regular season, kind of like the Celtics did to KG, Allen and Pierce. Instead of 37 minutes for T-mac like last year, it should be under 35. Yao should be 32ish and Artest should be 30-35. This way we should be able to rest up our stars in the regular season, enough. But if bringing McGrady off the bench would have him healthy for the playoffs then do it.

Local High School Star

feel bad for the guy. he can be so good

Local High School Star Solid Snake's Avatar

Angry Re: McGrady says shoulder arthritic, knee slow to heal

I never blame people for their injuries, but phukk him. I blame HIM for his injuries. Tracy Tree-Sap Mcgrady. The man with no heart. The man that can't get past the first round. And look how phukking FAT he's gotten, compared to AI, Kobe, Pierce, and other people that came out around the same time (or came in I should say, into the league).

I'm gonna make a prediction right now. IF his team fails to make it out of the first round this year, AND if they go out in embarrassing fashion, he will RETIRE. I guarantee this, he's a quitter, so it only fits.

You can quote me on this, including the part where I said you can quote me on this.
    Last edited by Solid Snake; 09-30-2008 at 02:13 AM.

Rockets don't win anything without T-Mac.

I'm sure T-Mac is a warrior, and wants to play every game....

but the injury excuse just doesn't cut it anymore.

Why didn't he get surgery the day the season ended? Why wait until one month before the season starts and announce you have a shoulder injury that needs surgery?

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Rockets don't win anything without T-Mac.

I'm sure T-Mac is a warrior, and wants to play every game....

but the injury excuse just doesn't cut it anymore.

Why didn't he get surgery the day the season ended? Why wait until one month before the season starts and announce you have a shoulder injury that needs surgery?
    Because surgery would have been a long rehab and many times, players have surgery as a last resort. Im sure he was just hoping that non surgery therapy would help and it would heal on its own. Just doesnt work out the way you want it to every time.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Jordandunk23
    you know alot of people knock on mcgrady but its not his fault he hets injured alot. unlucky. like grant hill but not as drastic. and when he comes back form injury, he isnt 100% going into the playoffs. he's injured and beat up...

im not trying to make excuses for the guy or being a homer because when weve lost ive put the blame on him. its just that people have gone as far as saying he's not a top 10 SG in the league.
    rockets should really do a better job of monitering mcgrady's and yao's minutes. it wouldn't be so hard to do actually, but shane battier is injured too.