Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Default Shaq O'Neal vs Hakeem Olajuwon: Who is the greatest center in NBA history?

It's obviously between these two and nobody else is really close. Strong arguments can be made for either of them as they are both all-time legends and better than any center you'll ever see again.

Who is better out of these two?

Default Re: Shaq O'Neal vs Hakeem Olajuwon: Who is the greatest center in NBA history?

Shaq was more dominant overall.

Banned

Default Re: Shaq O'Neal vs Hakeem Olajuwon: Who is the greatest center in NBA history?

how did shaq fare against hakeem?

Local High School Star

Actually the GOAT center is Kareem.

But I would take Hakeem's peak/prime over Shaq's. I would take Shaq's career over Hakeem's.

Quote Originally Posted by iTruWarrior
    Actually the GOAT center is Kareem.

But I would take Hakeem's peak/prime over Shaq's. I would take Shaq's career over Hakeem's.
    Kareem is the MOPE (most overrated player ever).

By the way, it's usually the opposite for Shaq/Hakeem. Most people prefer Shaq's peak but Hakeem's career.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by hall of fame
    Wilt is the MOPE (most overrated player ever).

fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Bonez
    fixed
    Bill Russell too.

I agree with Wilt and russel being the most overrated players in NBA history.

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

It's obviously between these two and nobody else is really close. Strong arguments can be made for either of them as they are both all-time legends and better than any center you'll ever see again.

Who is better out of these two?
    you must be very young.

Bol'd over

Please explain why it is so obviously Shaq and Hakeem.

Saw a basketball once

Yeah Kareem slightly over Shaq slightly over Hakeem. Shaq was more dominant in his prime but Hakeem was more complete and could shoot free throws.

Quote Originally Posted by Manute for Ever!
    Please explain why it is so obviously Shaq and Hakeem.
    Please explain why it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by go-lakers
    Yeah Kareem slightly over Shaq slightly over Hakeem. Shaq was more dominant in his prime but Hakeem was more complete and could shoot free throws.
    Stop overrating Kareem. He was no better than Alonzo Mourning when it mattered and nowhere close to Hakeem, Robinson, Shaq, etc.

1. Shaq/Hakeem
    2. Hakeem/Shaq

3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10 = the rest.

Not airballing my layups anymore kraze94's Avatar

What a horrible thread.

Whoever thinks that the 2 best Centers in NBA history are Hakeem and Shaq, and nobody comes close, knows nothing about the NBA or basketball in general.

Bol'd over

Please explain why it isn't.
    Kareem, Wilt, Russell. Those guys are in the mix, too. Oh, that's right, they're from the past, they don't count. Silly me.