Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: List of PGs that would be an upgrade over Kyrie for this Cavs team

Couple of guys obviously, but I think Kyrie would actually be perfect if only he could change his offensive approach, to the more traditional/more unselfish type of PG approach..... Its amazing how he doesnt get it or maybe he does but refuses to do it (ego thing?) or who knows he simply maybe doesnt have that vision/passing to do it..... I mean he doesnt have scrubs around him anymore... he doesnt have to alienate everybody & hog around anymore (a strategy which didnt win games before Lebron/Love either)... If Kyrie cant go CP3 (not as good as that obviously, but you know, be more of a pass-first guy with great handles/penetration) for Cavs to win as much as possible then he needs to simply give Lebron the ball and heck, become a spotup shooter, Mo Williams part 2 (but better).... not the best thing for him individually, but for the team it sure would be much better, certainly better than what is going on right now i think....

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

I think you are all overreacting just after a few games. Obv, I dont think Kyrie is the best PG that could play alongside Lebron, but its definitely one of the best. They are loosing because of (the lack of) the system. They dont play as a team, they seem to have no playbook and just play iso, but thats it, dont put the blame on Kyrie. Some post in this thread could be brought up in June and some of you could be embarrassed.

We're only 4 games in. When LeBron first started playing with Wade and Bosh, they struggled to stay above .500 for the first 20 or so games. I'm not making any assumptions after only 4 games.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Why would the Cavs consider getting rid of Kyrie, when he is locked into a long term contract?

Lebron is the one that is not committed long term. They already dumped Wiggins and Bennett to get Love, who is also not committed long term, for Lebron. They should trade Love and Lebron, if they are thinking of making any trades.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Why would the Cavs consider getting rid of Kyrie, when he is locked into a long term contract?

Lebron is the one that is not committed long term. They already dumped Wiggins and Bennett to get Love, who is also not committed long term, for Lebron. They should trade Love and Lebron, if they are thinking of making any trades.

Lol. If you have LeBron you do absolutely everything in your power to keep LeBron. End of story.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    NOT necessarily a better player than Kyrie, just an upgrade for THIS Cavs team:

Curry/CP3/Westbrook (lets forget these guys since they are clearly better regardless)

Rondo
    Conley
    Rubio
    Calderon
    Patrick Beverley (offense sucks but major defensive upgrade)
    Holiday

Who else?

edit: John Wall.

If the Cavs can manage it somehow, they need to ship Kyrie's ass out and get Wall or Rondo ASAP
    CP3
    Curry
    Lin
    That's it

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    Lol. If you have LeBron you do absolutely everything in your power to keep LeBron. End of story.

How did that work out for them last time?

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me"

They traded two number 1 overall picks for Lebron. You want them to trade their third? I doubt Silver will gift them 3 number 1 picks in 4 years again.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigVeto
    CP3
    Curry
    Lin
    That's it
    Lin I think not

Good college starter NZStreetBaller's Avatar

Ricky rubio would be amazing. U dont really need a scoring pg for this team they got plenty of fire power plus ricky knows kevin love like the back of his hand cavs would dominate offensively

It has to be a pure PG like Rondo, CP3, or even Rubio. Or it can be a great catch and shoot PG who looks to pass more than Kyrie in Steph. When u watch Steph play, it's clear he's more pass first than Kyrie. And he's just as dominant scoring the rock as Kyrie and maybe even more.

In Miami one thing to keep in mind is the fact that Wade is great scorer who is also a great passer. Bron is a great passer who is also a great scorer. Kyrie at this point hasn't proven he's a great passer, especially for a PG. He's part of the new breed of PG's who are score first and basically smaller SG's or combo guards. And there's nothing wrong with that, but at PG I just like a certain premium when it comes to passing-floor generalship.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Couple of guys obviously, but I think Kyrie would actually be perfect if only he could change his offensive approach, to the more traditional/more unselfish type of PG approach..... Its amazing how he doesnt get it or maybe he does but refuses to do it (ego thing?) or who knows he simply maybe doesnt have that vision/passing to do it..... I mean he doesnt have scrubs around him anymore... he doesnt have to alienate everybody & hog around anymore (a strategy which didnt win games before Lebron/Love either)... If Kyrie cant go CP3 (not as good as that obviously, but you know, be more of a pass-first guy with great handles/penetration) for Cavs to win as much as possible then he needs to simply give Lebron the ball and heck, become a spotup shooter, Mo Williams part 2 (but better).... not the best thing for him individually, but for the team it sure would be much better, certainly better than what is going on right now i think....

derp he should let bran be point guard and stand in the corner and shoot 3s?
    so bran can pad his assists? ok pauk

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Well said! Historically guys like Magic, Isiah, and Big O proved u could be pass first and still be among the most dangerous scorers in the world when called on. CP3 is the best in that regard for PG's today. Some coaches like a Larry Brown might have ACTUALLY moved Kyrie to SG and used a bigger guard to play PG before Bron and Love even got to Cleveland. But some coaches prefer to keep him at PG because of the pressure he puts on a defense with his scoring and handles. Plus when u have a smaller SG, it can throw off the balance of a team if u don't have the right roster.

Sick part about Cleveland's team is the fact u can go with a lineup of:

PG- Bron
    SG- Irving
    SF- Marion
    PF- Love
    C- Anderson

U could sit Waiters down and put Bron at PG FLAT OUT. Put Kyrie of the ball and let him focus on scoring. And u got a legit SF in Marion out there to help Bron defend the SG's and SF's. As we all know, Bron can dominate scoring while being a pass first player. Bron might have to be Magic while Irving is like a smaller but more dominant version of Byron Scott!
    Last edited by bizil; 11-06-2014 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NZStreetBaller
    Ricky rubio would be amazing. U dont really need a scoring pg for this team they got plenty of fire power plus ricky knows kevin love like the back of his hand cavs would dominate offensively

That was actually the first name that came to mind. A pass first PG who can play D, plus has the experience of having played with Love. You got LeBron and Love in the starting five. You don't need another combo guard who loves to shoot. You just need someone who can run an offense and is willing to be a pass first point who can play minimal D.

Basketball Genius

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    Well said! Historically guys like Magic, Isiah, and Big O proved u could be pass first and still be among the most dangerous scorers in the world when called on. CP3 is the best in that regard for PG's today. Some coaches like a Larry Brown might have ACTUALLY moved Kyrie to SG and used a bigger guard to play PG before Bron and Love even got to Cleveland. But some coaches prefer to keep him at PG because of the pressure he puts on a defense with his scoring and handles. Plus when u have a smaller SG, it can throw off the balance of a team if u don't have the right roster.

Sick part about Cleveland's team is the fact u can go with a lineup of:

PG- Bron
    SG- Irving
    SF- Marion
    PF- Love
    C- Anderson

U could sit Waiters down and put Bron at PG FLAT OUT. Put Kyrie of the ball and let him focus on scoring. And u got a legit SF in Marion out there to help Bron defend the SG's and SF's. As we all know, Bron can dominate scoring while being a pass first player. Bron might have to be Magic while Irving is like a smaller but more dominant version of Byron Scott!

dont be delusional. the reason why bran hasn't seen pure pg minutes since his rookie season was because he did not, and still doesn't, have elite pg ball-handling skills he will get stripped every time he brought the ball up court and trapped.

Decent playground baller iBandwagon's Avatar

Rondo is the obvious #1 choice for their set up.