Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default "let others get theres where and when they want" or "tell others where and when"

the question is. which style truly makes others better

Kobes style "hey.. i'l get mine. you have a system in place that i'l be a part of and help be a decoy in order to keep defenders honest. you do whats best for you. post up. rotate via the triangle offense. and the 70 points you guys score might have 5 assists with my name on it from not being able to get my own shot due to a double team or running a pick and role to free up someone else"

vs

lebrons style "hey... you.. stop doing what made you successful your entire career. forget that stuff. disregard anything you once knew. totally learn how to play the game again and fit my agenda. i want 10 assists today. so you have to get out of the post. stand at the 3 point line. you might also get in my way when i'm attacking the rim. now wait for me to dribble around a pick and maybe i'l kick it if they collapse on me. or i'm going in for the fg% protected smart layup attempt and if i miss i expect a foul call. everyone else just sit there and watch. i know we dont have an actual system. so just get open and i'l find you. make sure not to pass since we dont have hockey assists. i want you to jack it up right after you catch the ball."

go with the flow vs force feed predetermined

help others succeed at their own strengths ... vs ....hold the ball for 20 seconds of the shotclock looking for a way to get in the box score with a pass

another 3 pointer? comin right up boss

i won this three point shootout for my master. he expects me to ray allen his ass to another ring

Default Re: "let others get theres where and when they want" or "tell others where and when"

I knew this thread would be about Lebron. And you didn't add anything new, you repeated what has been said more than 100 times on this forum.

Default Re: "let others get theres where and when they want" or "tell others where and when"

Curry's style > both.

one basically worked for his stuff while the other was spoon-fed since day 1

earned vs given

Lebron > Kobe in just about all facets of basketball.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7
    Curry's style > both.

currys style is actually somewhat like kobe in the triangle offense

rotations and passing is what makes a great offense. curry breaks the offense sometimes to get his own. but gets back into it when others are scoring... its not a ball dominant stagnant playmaker looking for 10-15 assists

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    currys style is actually somewhat like kobe in the triangle offense

rotations and passing is what makes a great offense. not a ball dominant stagnant playmaker looking for 10-15 assists
    You should have copy-pasted one of 3ball's posts, you wouldn't have wasted time writing all the OP.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bankaii
    Lebron > Kobe in just about all facets of basketball.

are jumpshots
    fall aways
    hook shots
    free throws
    contested shots
    footwork
    postups
    fundimentals
    off hand shooting
    clutch play
    on ball defense
    killer instinct
    work ethic
    loyalty
    and winning

facets of basketball?

Wait...wait...hold up. You're arguing that Kobe-ball is a paragon of smooth, "equal opportunity", "flowing" offense?

The only difference between Kobe-ball and Bron-ball is:

Lebron passes more
    Kobe shoots more

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    Wait...wait...hold up. You're arguing that Kobe-ball is a paragon of smooth offense?

Lebron passes more
    Kobe shoots more

the lakers offense was a well oiled machine

kobe only broke it when he went 1 on 1 to score

lebron on the other hand refuses to let his teammates have a system. he wants it to be all 1 on 1 all the time

lebron has a myth about him that hes a team player. but he plays more 1 on 1 than kobe ever did

only difference is lebron plays 1 on 1 to get assists just as much as he does to try and score

theres no ball movement. just a dribble and kick out.

thats not basketball. and lebron is not a great team player

when other guys on LA scored allot of the time it was with kobe contributing in the flow of the offense. there were quarters in which he never even took a whot. but at the same time he didnt try and force assists. the ball swung arounda and players cut and screaned. 3-4 passes before each shot.

gasol got to work in the post... he got a ton of assists off kobes initial draw of the defense. and kobe never got mad that gasol was ruining a possible assist for him

lebron probly gets mad when the guy he passes to sets up someone else

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    Wait...wait...hold up. You're arguing that Kobe-ball is a paragon of smooth, "equal opportunity", "flowing" offense?

Lebron passes more
    Kobe shoots more
    False.

There are statistics out there proving Lebron holds/dribbles the ball far more than any non pointguard.

Banned

kobe ball is for only maybe 30% of the game

lebron ball is for over 50% of the game

and when lebrons out. his team collapses because they have to basically run lebron ball through jr smith or some other f*ck up

So what you're telling me is that Kobe played with the GOAT coach and Lebron has played with garbage coaches? I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    are
    jumpshots- Kobe
    fall aways- Kobe
    hook shots- wash
    free throws- Kobe
    contested shots- dumb
    footwork- Kobe
    postups- wash
    fundamentals*- wash
    off hand shooting-dumb
    clutch play-Lebron
    on ball defense- wash (Lebron is more consistent though)
    killer instinct- dumb
    work ethic- dumb
    loyalty- dumb
    and winning- wash

facets of basketball?
    As are
    Scoring- Lebron
    Help defense- Lebron
    Passing- Lebron
    Playmaking- Lebron
    3s- Lebron
    Rebounding- Lebron
    Finishing- Lebron
    Efficiency-Lebron
    IQ- Lebron

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    False.

There are statistics out there proving Lebron holds/dribbles the ball far more than any non pointguard.
    I don't think what dude saying is false, Kobe does shoot more, however you're right on the money with regards to LeBron. He monopolizes possessions like no other. Guy can't shoot worth a lick and yet handles the basketball more than MOST guards.