Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Greek prostitution up 1,500 percent..a young prostitute for Five Euros

“Five euros only, just 5 euros,” whispered Maria, a young prostitute with sunken cheeks and bedraggled hair, as she pitched herself forward from the shadows of a graffiti-riddled alley in central Athens on a recent weeknight.

Many prostitutes have been selling their services for as little as 10 to 15 euros, a price that has shrunk along with the income of clients afflicted by the crisis. Many more prostitutes are taking greater health risks by having unprotected sex, which sells for a premium. Still more are subject to violence and rape.

Now a new menace has arisen: a type of crystal methamphetamine called shisha, after the Turkish water pipe, but otherwise known as poor man’s cocaine, brewed from barbiturates and other ingredients including alcohol, chlorine and even battery acid.

http://www.watchfox29.com/entertainm...MCQYVjTvw.cspx

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-0...-75-some-areas
    Last edited by zizozain; 08-21-2014 at 10:00 AM.

Good college starter

Default Re: Greek prostitution up 1,500 percent..a young prostitute for Five Euros

That extract looks like it belongs in the Erotic Writing thread.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Greek prostitution up 1,500 percent..a young prostitute for Five Euros

Sounds like it's a good time to visit Greece.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    come on
    Do you know how cheap 5 Euros is?

Banned

Such a shame.

Bad economy, drugs and cheap prostitutes.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    come in*

Typo?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Sounds like it's a good time to visit Greece.
    No its, greek women are ugly AF

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy
    No its, greek women are ugly AF
    In the mainland they are pretty ugly, but that's because alot of them are immigrants. On the islands I saw some gorgeous locals

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Such a shame.

whats wrong with those?

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Such a shame.

I've been to Greece. Mainland Greece is VERY poor. There were beggars on each corner and there were prostitutes on the main road we were staying at that I saw flirting with men at night.

I went to one of the Greek islands and felt more comfortable.

Athens still shocks me because they kept off lights at night to keep the electricity bills low for the city. I enjoyed visiting one of the big Greek islands far more. Consisted a lot of exploring the island, driving around, and swimming in our hotel pool while looking across and seeing the beach (we were on a mountain).

The nightlife on Greek islands are amazing. Didn't get to enjoy it but there were a lot of really good looking tourists and locals who were provocatively dressed outside of clubs

The article is misquoted, it's a 150% rise and the only source is some blog from over a year ago. I'm sure the prices are exagerated too.

It's not surprising though, prostitution has always functioned as an economic safety net for women in society. The number of people without an income rises, the number of people willing to prostitute themselves rises.

the real big crash hasn't yet happen.

how low can the price go? 2 euros?

pus-sy will be sold for a can of tuna?

scary

NBA Superstar

the few greek girls i ever knew were pretty hot. they always had weird last names tho like Popolooppopoulous where i'd be like i never heard that before. but i don't know many greek people.

No wonder Vaseline Shitnoulis wants to remain in Europe.

So how about an ISH field trip to Greece?