Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-21-2015, 02:30 AM   #1816
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/trai...tter-game.html

Been doing this routine: Ronaldo Workout. I can only do 2 days so far. One of the leg training day and the upper body day. 5 sets of power cleans and 8 sets of 100m sprints on Monday and I am still a little sore... Was the same last week with the Day one ooutine of squats and plyos. I'm might be able to work my up to the full routine eventually but i doubt it. It's a lot on the legs but wow will it kick your ass and turn you into an explosive beast.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 05:04 PM   #1817
LBJ 23
Local High School Star

LBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Watching recent Omar's videos I stumbled across Bigger, stronger faster documentary recommendation. Well, I really recommend to everyone on here who haven't watched it yet to do so, it's really interesting and disclosing documentary. Reading posts on here it's clear that a lot of posters still think that you can get prime Arnold body by eating chicken breast, broccoli and brown rice + protein shakes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMciPQr-aFM

It's also on Netflix and other sites
LBJ 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:58 PM   #1818
Im Still Ballin
Oooh Sizzle!

Im Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Good to hear everyone has been hitting it hard...

Falling into a mini slump, went tuesday, then saturday and now going today. So not too bad a slump, but need to lock the consistency down again.

Plow remember how we were talking about externally rotated femurs and shit... I managed to fix mine very well, found a mobility exercise that is so good for it... I'll describe it if you want, I know I have improved my hip internal rotation because I can now comfortably sit like this:

This position is a good measurement of hip internal rotation
I can comfortably sit in this position with my ass touching the ground whereas before i wasn't even close
No more hip pain squatting so I'm taking it as a success
I have some bulky big legs yet I am probably the most flexible in the gym
Im Still Ballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 10:31 PM   #1819
plowking
305ballin

plowking has an incredible reputation hereplowking has an incredible reputation hereplowking has an incredible reputation hereplowking has an incredible reputation hereplowking has an incredible reputation hereplowking has an incredible reputation hereplowking has an incredible reputation here

Yo! Yeah dude, I find that position unbearable. Have you just been sitting like that and trying to get through it, or gone through other measures?

I've been stretching my hip flexors a lot more and have found it has helped. I now do it morning and night. Do you find that one side is more tight, or externally rotated than the other? My right side is far worse.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 10:46 PM   #1820
Im Still Ballin
Oooh Sizzle!

Im Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this board

I tried that position at first but really couldn't get into a good enough position for it to be useful i guess...

I made sure i did the rounds on mobility, hips hammys etc just the whole lot

But what I felt made the difference was this exercise
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vItv4L2ktYI
And I thought I'd take it to the next level so I attatched a band to my ankle so it was pulling my leg straight out giving my hip capsule a bit more room to work with.. After awhile of doing these (pretty much just at the gym before I squat)

Also a couple of other exercises I felt helped but it really wasn't until I did that first exercise I started to see a difference:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inKpTU_TFrU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_y9t-XjYhM
That first exercise though is insane, i feel like it just opens the hips right up... Also foam rolling the outer side of the externally rotated leg helped aswell... ITB rollin etc

I do this before squatting/deads and I can pretty much squat down into a position with my ankles straight forward and knees wide out... This is without olympic shoes aswell
Old 02-22-2015, 11:40 PM   #1821
NBAplayoffs2001
Salute the red bars

NBAplayoffs2001 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNBAplayoffs2001 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNBAplayoffs2001 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNBAplayoffs2001 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNBAplayoffs2001 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNBAplayoffs2001 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNBAplayoffs2001 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Been drinking soda and eating unhealthy all weekend. I guess I will have a healthy dinner at 11pm while doing homework . Got 45 mins of intense shooting drills though past two nights.
NBAplayoffs2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 02:42 AM   #1822
LongLiveTheKing
Go HEATLES!

LongLiveTheKing has decent reputationLongLiveTheKing has decent reputation

Tips on losing body fat? I'm probably 15% body fat and I wanna look more ripped. I've gained a good amount of muscle since I've started working out routinely about 5-6 months ago, but I don't like how my stomach looks. I tried eating a little healthier these last couple weeks and it's worked a little. I am not taking anything currently.
Also need some new routines for biceps at the gym.
LongLiveTheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 03:58 AM   #1823
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
I tried that position at first but really couldn't get into a good enough position for it to be useful i guess...

I made sure i did the rounds on mobility, hips hammys etc just the whole lot

But what I felt made the difference was this exercise
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vItv4L2ktYI
And I thought I'd take it to the next level so I attatched a band to my ankle so it was pulling my leg straight out giving my hip capsule a bit more room to work with.. After awhile of doing these (pretty much just at the gym before I squat)

Also a couple of other exercises I felt helped but it really wasn't until I did that first exercise I started to see a difference:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inKpTU_TFrU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_y9t-XjYhM
That first exercise though is insane, i feel like it just opens the hips right up... Also foam rolling the outer side of the externally rotated leg helped aswell... ITB rollin etc

I do this before squatting/deads and I can pretty much squat down into a position with my ankles straight forward and knees wide out... This is without olympic shoes aswell

Sweet good stuff will be trying this. The older I get, the more i just want to do stuff like this. Trying to be a beast just results in pain.
Old 02-23-2015, 06:30 AM   #1824
Im Still Ballin
Oooh Sizzle!

Yeah man... I want to keep getting bigger and stronger for a long time, but I don't want to compromise function and mobility. If only I had this knowledge about mobility when I was just a kid and playing a sport where I could have had a real crack at going pro... instead I tore my hip flexor off the bone, developed knee problems, chronic patellar tendonitis and I was never the same... Physios and doctors only tell you half of what you really need to know... They really don't care all that much, as long as they can get a baseline vague understanding of the injury they can treat it, but most times they're shooting in the dark.

Funny how as soon as I started to take things into my own hands, not live and breath off the word of doctors and physios, do the research, find credible sources, and get an understanding of function/mechanics etc my injuries started to disappear and I've never had to see another therapist again. I saw a physio who was really a Strength and Conditioning coach and he essentially set me on this path, introduced me to mobility, specifically with bands, to create extra forces that you could only achieve with another person manipulating your stretch, and he flat out said; I want you to have to never see me again. Needless to say I had a few check ups and now haven't seen him since. Best guy I've ever met in that industry
Old 02-24-2015, 01:15 AM   #1825
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
Yeah man... I want to keep getting bigger and stronger for a long time, but I don't want to compromise function and mobility. If only I had this knowledge about mobility when I was just a kid and playing a sport where I could have had a real crack at going pro... instead I tore my hip flexor off the bone, developed knee problems, chronic patellar tendonitis and I was never the same... Physios and doctors only tell you half of what you really need to know... They really don't care all that much, as long as they can get a baseline vague understanding of the injury they can treat it, but most times they're shooting in the dark.

Funny how as soon as I started to take things into my own hands, not live and breath off the word of doctors and physios, do the research, find credible sources, and get an understanding of function/mechanics etc my injuries started to disappear and I've never had to see another therapist again. I saw a physio who was really a Strength and Conditioning coach and he essentially set me on this path, introduced me to mobility, specifically with bands, to create extra forces that you could only achieve with another person manipulating your stretch, and he flat out said; I want you to have to never see me again. Needless to say I had a few check ups and now haven't seen him since. Best guy I've ever met in that industry

Yea it's like that with almost anything there is so much information out there all you have to is the research and you find something that relates exactly to you. I'm definitely need to loosen up my hips to take pressure off my knees and back though. I always want to be able to function physically very well and those mobility movements are so key.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:20 AM   #1826
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Haven't worked out in a long time.. probably 2 years since I had a real routine. Today I went for a 4 mile run. Feelsgoodman.jpeg

Working nights drain me something awful but I hope I can keep up some sort of routine.
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 09:33 AM   #1827
Im Still Ballin
Oooh Sizzle!

Does anyone squat/dead in wrestling shoes?

My flat soled vans (pretty much chucks) are tearing apart and it's about time i got something new

Was contemplating following the fad/craze of using olympic weightlifting shoes to squat, but honestly I've become more of a hip dominant squatter and the elevated heel would probs through me off a bit. Besides... It's not like I have any problem hitting depth, my mobility is the best its ever been. I would think that oly shoes mask mobility problems... Shits expensive too... 200+ bucks for a good pair that looks good

Leaning towards getting some cheap wrestling shoes from eastbay, shit would look dope too, i'd go for an all black/black&white look
Old Yesterday, 02:50 PM   #1828
Cherry Picker
I shoot 85 %

Cherry Picker has a terrific reputationCherry Picker has a terrific reputationCherry Picker has a terrific reputationCherry Picker has a terrific reputationCherry Picker has a terrific reputation

Hit 2 reps at 87.5 kg (192 pounds) on standing Military press today.
Also started incorporating power cleans into my workouts. For those of you that do them what rep range do you work in ?
Cherry Picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:03 AM   #1829
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Picker
Hit 2 reps at 87.5 kg (192 pounds) on standing Military press today.
Also started incorporating power cleans into my workouts. For those of you that do them what rep range do you work in ?

I do clean and jerks in sets of 3... if I decide to do Hang Cleans I might do as many as 5.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: