Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Great college starter

Default Re: Kobe's Stifling Defense on Opposing Point Guards

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    You obviously didn't watch the game. Where was that great help in the 3rd q when Lawson was getting into the paint at will?

Kobe shut down Lawson, period. I'm not one to give Kobe credit as a great defender, but he locked up Lawson, and changed the game.

He didn't "lock up" Lawson....

The game got into a halfcourt grind, which isn't Lawson's strong suit. The openings closed up, and it's NOT cuz of Kobe.

Your a DAMN FOOL if you think Kobe could stay in front of Lawson if he didn't have help defense waiting..

Lawson would MURDER Kobe in an open court.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Bladers
    Which is why He had 32 points in game 6 and 24 points through 3 Qtrs tonight with others guarding him?

He did most of his damage when one of LA's 7'1" players were on the bench, not when both were in. There's a reason for that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    Seriously. It's hysterical to see Kobe fans laud his "defense" on Lawson tonight, talking about how he stepped up to the challenge. I guess he just didn't wanna guard Lawson through the first 43 minutes when he was killing LA. And Lawson was simply hesitant to drive against LA's huge front line in the 4th, but they're acting like Kobe did a blanket job on him in terms of ball denial or staying in front of him on the drive when this wasnt the case at all - Lawson was just EXTREMELY passive in the 4th due to LA's size inside. He didn't even try to MAKE any moves to GIVE Kobe a chance to play good D on him. That's what makes all this talk so hysterical.
    Lawson only played well in the 3rd quarter and thats when Kobe got on him after they lost the lead. And yes, if you watched the game, you saw that kobe straight locked him up. I'm not saying bigs don't help, lol, but kobe did really really well.

Seriously. It's hysterical to see Kobe fans laud his "defense" on Lawson tonight, talking about how he stepped up to the challenge. I guess he just didn't wanna guard Lawson through the first 43 minutes when he was killing LA. And Lawson was simply hesitant to drive against LA's huge front line in the 4th, but they're acting like Kobe did a blanket job on him in terms of ball denial or staying in front of him on the drive when this wasnt the case at all - Lawson was just EXTREMELY passive in the 4th due to LA's size inside. He didn't even try to MAKE any moves to GIVE Kobe a chance to play good D on him. That's what makes all this talk so hysterical.

Why wasn't he passive in game 6 and 3 qtrs of game 7?
    Why be passive when Kobe gets on him? cause he was shut down.

0 pts in the 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by bwink23
    Kobe defense??

2 words:

WORLD PEACE
    Ty Lawson didn't do nothing in the 4th quarter.

He did most of his damage when one of LA's 7'1" players were on the bench, not when both were in. There's a reason for that.
    lol are you serious? Lawson is a starter not a bench player. That means he's in when Lakers two bigs are in and out when they are out.

LMAO son you failing hard!

hesitant to drive against the Bigs lineup? he was doing that all series, till Kobe got a hold of his ass in the 4th. Don't hate bro, don't hate

U stupid!

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    Lawson only played well in the 3rd quarter and thats when Kobe got on him after they lost the lead. And yes, if you watched the game, you saw that kobe straight locked him up.
    He did not lock him up at all.....

ARE YOU STUPID??

Lawson's game is penetration...he was getting alot of buckets in transition with a head of steam. Kobe DOES NOT stay in front of Lawson, unless Lawson is hesitant to get into the paint to begin with.

If no one else is on the floor, Lawson would turn Kobe to STONE.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    Lawson only played well in the 3rd quarter and thats when Kobe got on him after they lost the lead. And yes, if you watched the game, you saw that kobe straight locked him up. I'm not saying bigs don't help, lol, but kobe did really really well.
    I did watch the game and I didnt see Lawson even ATTEMPT to do a DAMNED THING in the 4th. How is that attributable to Kobe's defense? What exactly was Kobe doing? He wasnt playing ball denial D or anything. I'll tell you what he was doing: playing with a 14'2" front line which combined for 10 blocks behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by YAWN
    which is why he got shut down the first 3 quarters when kobe wasn't on him? oh wait, he was on fire...

why is it so hard for people to admit Kobe played well defensively...
    That's what i'm saying! they see it but don't admit it, they make up this thing in their head just to cause confusion

These Jordan stans are getting fukkin pathetic. Unreal

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

I love how Kobe stans ignore that Afflalo played really well against Kobe tonight. Where was the defense there?

I did think Kobe did a good job on Lawson on the pick and roll in the 4th though...but again having two bigs backing you up against a guy that can't shoot that well helps a lot. When both bigs were in tonight I thought the Lakers played really good half court defense. It was transition that allowed Lawson to get going in the first place.

Local High School Star KB2009Champ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bwink23
    I watched the game....Kobe had great help BEHIND him...Lawson would blow by Kobe AT WILL without that help....

SAVE IT KID

So explain why he was able to go off for 3 quarters and magically in the 4th he coudnt?

Just explain that.

Add Lawson to Wade, Westbrook...

The amount of superstar gaurds Kobe has shut down this season.