Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Proves idiots wrong Human Error's Avatar

Default Derrick Rose vs Russel Westbrook

Rose: 22.8ppg, 3.5rpg, 8.0apg, 0.9spg, 45% from field, 31% from deep, 2.9 to
    Westbrook: 23.8ppg, 4.6rpg, 5.4apg, 1.6spg, 47% from field, 33% from deep, 3.8 to

Majority of posters here seem to think that Rose is so superior to Westbrook and it isn't even debatable that Rose is definitely better, but Westbrook is turning himself into an elite player as well and what most of you don't recognize is Westbrook is one of the best defenders in his position while Rose is about just average on defense. So, I think it isn't criminal to say that Westbrook may be as good as Rose. What do you all think?

Banned

Default Re: Derrick Rose vs Russel Westbrook

rose but it A LOT closer than some bull fans want u to think.

Banned

Close. Both top 3-4 point guards. But Rose still has it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Human Error
    Rose: 22.8ppg, 3.5rpg, 8.0apg, 0.9spg, 45% from field, 31% from deep, 2.9 to
    Westbrook: 23.8ppg, 4.6rpg, 5.4apg, 1.6spg, 47% from field, 33% from deep, 3.8 to

Majority of posters here seem to think that Rose is so superior to Westbrook and it isn't even debatable that Rose is definitely better, but Westbrook is turning himself into an elite player as well and what most of you don't recognize is Westbrook is one of the best defenders in his position while Rose is about just average on defense. So, I think it isn't criminal to say that Westbrook may be as good as Rose. What do you all think?
    I watch a good amount of both and Westbrook is not a good defender nor is he a better defender than Rose.

The thread has been made a million times and the answer for me and like 95% of this site is Rose.

Thank you Based Presti OKCThunderUP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    I watch a good amount of both and Westbrook is not a good defender nor is he a better defender than Rose.
    Westbrook can be the best defensive PG in the game when he actually tries to be (see: his defense on CP3 a few nights ago). He just doesn't put that kind of effort into it because it effects his offensive numbers...which is frustrating.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12

The thread has been made a million times and the answer for me and like 95% of this site is Rose.
    not a better defender than ROSE are you f,ucking kidding me

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaro Durant
    not a better defender than ROSE are you f,ucking kidding me
    It doesn't surprise me that nobody except Bulls fans understand that Derrick Rose is a great man to man defender.

I'll give you one sample size. When the Bulls matched up the Spurs a fews ago, Derrick Rose dominated and shut down Tony Parker. Parker had more FGA than points in that game. When the Thunder played the Spurs last week or two weeks ago, Westbrook was getting torched so bad that they eventually switched Royal Ivey on him.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCThunderUP
    Westbrook can be the best defensive PG in the game when he actually tries to be (see: his defense on CP3 a few nights ago). He just doesn't put that kind of effort into it because it effects his offensive numbers...which is frustrating.
    This is probably true. Rose is more consistent on defense but Westbrook probably has more potential and has shown it. I didn't pay much attention on his defense on CP3, probably because the Thunder were killing them so bad I barely paid attention on defense. I thought CP3 did have some open looks where he missed though but I'm not sure about the rest.

Great college starter 50inchvertical's Avatar

Westbrook plays better defense against other top tier pgs, and surrenders bigger games against alsorans of the position as strange as it may be. He can hold CP to 13, Deron Williams to 9, then get 30 dropped on him by like a Calderon.

I'm also starting to question Rose's physical toughness and durability.

Westbrook contrastingly, has not missed a game ever. In fact, the 1 he was supposed to, was listed as doubtful after a nasty ankle sprain, dropped 41 (the Denver game), and since has just been wearing a brace on it.

I kind of wish they would be more cautious with him in that regard really.
    Last edited by 50inchvertical; 03-23-2012 at 11:23 PM.

Rip+Rose=Ripping Rose Clocian-IGN's Avatar

westbrook still has kevin durant. westbrook benefits from the iso offense okc plays.

rose is a better leader, doesn't have another superstar and a harden to open up the floor, and has better decision making.

conclusion - rose all day

Quote Originally Posted by Clocian-IGN
    westbrook still has kevin durant. westbrook benefits from the iso offense okc plays.

rose is a better leader, doesn't have another superstar and a harden to open up the floor, and has better decision making.

Conclusion. Rose gets to be the primary option, has better offensive low post players, and rides the coattails of his teams defensive play.

Great college starter 50inchvertical's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clocian-IGN

Both are all stars and have an all star SF

OKC fans could point out you guys have Boozer as well (former all star) and a competent coach.

We literally have 1 offensive play. KD off the pindown screens and curls come to the ball. The amount of times Westbrook ends up waiting for the play to materialize and it never does (once the other team figures it out or a physical defender doesn't let KD get position) and then he has to go 1 on 1 from the top of the key with 4 seconds left aren't at all good for his fg%,

Last check Westbrook was leading guards in points in the paint too but that was about a month ago

And small sample size, but in the few games KD missed Russ's averages actually went UP and not down, to include going INTO Boston (he always shits on Rondo btw) and getting a W with no KD or JG.

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

This same thread seems to be made every few months or so.

Rip+Rose=Ripping Rose Clocian-IGN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liquidrage
    Conclusion. Rose gets to be the primary option, has better offensive low post players, and rides the coattails of his teams defensive play.
    1. yes and? your point lol?
    2. here's the classic "I'm gonna switch this on you to better my argument". boozer sucks as claimed by everyone, taj, asik, and noah are not offensive players.
    3. I guess it's bad for us to be a defensive 1st team since okc sucks at it...oops .
    Last edited by Clocian-IGN; 03-23-2012 at 11:39 PM.

I rule the local playground MASH Transit's Avatar

Rose is a superior PnR player, but other than that, he has no advantages over Westbrook. Yes, he's averaging more assist now, but when Westbrook had bigs at the 4 and 5 that had competent hands and could consistently score he averaged more assist per game and logged a higher assist% than Rose has at any point in his career. Twice.

Westbrook is actively proving that he's Rose's superior, or at the very least his peer.

After tonight's numbers are added to his season totals, he'll almost have better numbers than Rose across the board. And this is while playing more games, against a tougher schedule, in a stronger conference. Give credit where it's due.

PG list:

1. Chris Paul
    t2/3. Russell Westbrook
    t2/3. Derrick Rose
    4. Derron Williams
    5. Kyrie Irving/Rondo/Nash

Derrick Rose would be averaging like 28 if he was playing in the West against these shitty defensive teams.