Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Dwight on Chandler Parson's departure: "It won't affect us at all"

Quote Originally Posted by SyRyanYang
    Well, he's not wrong. They will be 1st round exit as usual.

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by masonanddixon
    Totally different players. Harden is the better first option, Monta the better 2nd option.
    don't know if you can define # option on players who can make the open shots.

in terms of iso play, it might be easier to compare players from different positions in terms of who may be the better first option, and who the better 2nd option.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GimmeThat
    don't know if you can define # option on players who can make the open shots.

in terms of iso play, it might be easier to compare players from different positions in terms of who may be the better first option, and who the better 2nd option.
    Well what I mean is that if I am starting a team from scratch and need a guy to build around I will take Harden. But if I already have an established star and need someone to fill more of complementary role its Monta.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

You won 2 playoff games..

Not to affect

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

How this bish has any fans Fukk this loser, he and Harden are a match made heaven.

You know how shitty NBA Centers nowadays if Dwight Howard was the best. He won't be top 10 in the 90s.

Jameer the battered ex who still wants more follows dwight to Houston and still defending that piece of shit

Yeah harden and Howard will really lead that team far..

Local High School Star CHi1PriDe's Avatar

I don't get how Dwight's the best center, i put mgasol/noah/duncan over him. I would say hes the best defensive center but he has no offensive moves. He turns over all day and he bricks free throws. Real talk, I would never ever trade joakim for howard.

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by masonanddixon
    Well what I mean is that if I am starting a team from scratch and need a guy to build around I will take Harden. But if I already have an established star and need someone to fill more of complementary role its Monta.
    so you would take Monta over Harden even given the exact same contract?

Harden's probably the best SG, but his place in the top NBA players is in the 15 range or so, so it's not saying much. Howard is obviously mentally weak, but I still consider him an elite threat.

Local High School Star CHi1PriDe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Duggrr
    Harden's probably the best SG, but his place in the top NBA players is in the 15 range or so, so it's not saying much. Howard is obviously mentally weak, but I still consider him an elite threat.
    I'd rather have paul George over harden all day, george is one of the best perimeter defenders while is the first option on the team.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GimmeThat
    so you would take Monta over Harden even given the exact same contract?
    Depends on the existing makeup of the team. But if I am giving one of them the max it's Harden

Quote Originally Posted by CHi1PriDe
    I'd rather have paul George over harden all day, george is one of the best perimeter defenders while is the first option on the team.
    I consider Paul George a small forward, but I agree that i'd rather have him on my team than Harden

Quote Originally Posted by Threethrows
    What they've lost vs what they've added is definitely a "minus".

Off season isn't over yet though.

However whether or not they take a big step back they have failed miserably this off season given their goals and expectations. Pathetic use of assets. That's the issue. They did nothing to get better and certainly look worse as of now.
    They were the 4th youngest team in the league last season.

3rd year starter Harden will be better.
    2nd year starter Jones will be better.
    2nd year starter Beverly will be better.

Ariza is a better fit than Parsons on that team. He may not be better than Parsons, but on that team he is a better fit.

2nd year Canaan and 2nd year Daniels will be better. 3rd year DMo will be better.

Dwight is the only one on that team who's been a starter more than 2 years. Him and Harden were the only ones to be in the league longer than 3 years until they signed Ariza.

They will finish with a near identical record as last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Threethrows
    What they've lost vs what they've added is definitely a "minus".

Off season isn't over yet though.

However whether or not they take a big step back they have failed miserably this off season given their goals and expectations. Pathetic use of assets. That's the issue. They did nothing to get better and certainly look worse as of now.
    They were the 4th youngest team in the league last season.

3rd year starter Harden will be better.
    2nd year starter Jones will be better.
    2nd year starter Beverly will be better.

Ariza is a better fit than Parsons on that team. He may not be better than Parsons, but on that team he is a better fit.

2nd year Canaan and 2nd year Daniels will be better. 3rd year DMo will be better.

Dwight is the only one on that team who's been a starter more than 2 years. Him and Harden were the only ones to be in the league longer than 3 years until they signed Ariza.

They will finish with a near identical record as last season.