Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Is Chris Paul One Of the Most Underwhelming Players?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    yeah we know that no matter how many times he comes up short in the post season regardless if he has the best player on the court on his team and a championship coach that it won't matter to you..

you'll continue to "not care" about him getting bounced early in the playoffs, getting bounced by 58 on his home court, absolutley collapsing against the rockets etc etc until he gets to the WCF and then you'll use that as an argument for his greatness

it's a win win for you, no matter if he fails or if he succeeds he'll always be an all time great player in your heart

how cute..
    I'm just logical and have followed his career.

One player can't cover an entire team's weaknesses especially if he's constantly facing teams just as good if not better than his every round. Until I see him underperform for an entire series and lose to a clearly inferior team I'll never blame him. Same goes for any other player.

I don't give a f*ck if he never gets to the finals, if he continues to play excellent basketball and impact the game at a high level he'a a great in my book.

Good High School Starter truhooper's Avatar

Steve Nash

Good college starter

Dude couldn't even make it to the WCFs with a more stacked team than Kobe's ever had.

Imagine if Pau Gasol was putting up 30 point tripple doubles like Blake was, and prime KB failed to win the chip, let alone get to the WCFs. You homosexuals would be all over him.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by IllegalD
    Dude couldn't even make it to the WCFs with a more stacked team than Kobe's ever had.

Imagine if Pau Gasol was putting up 30 point tripple doubles like Blake was, and prime KB failed to win the chip, let alone get to the WCFs. You homosexuals would be all over him.
    More stacked team than kobe's ever had? The fvck you trippin on

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Yeah he only had the guy with the monkier...most dominant all time. Lets ask...what front court would you guys rather have...Blake Griffin, Deandre Jordan, and Matt Barnes or prime Shaq and nobodies? Exactly.

I rule the local playground Svendiggity's Avatar

But he's not as good as Kobe. He's smaller and relies on teammates more. He's a small guy. How often has a small guy led a team to a championship?

Better comparisons are Stockton or AI. A long list of great players will never win because guys like Lebron, Kobe, Mj, Duncan, Shaq, and Magic win. Chris Paul is barely 6 foot and isn't very athletic. He's done the best he can possibly do with what he's been blessed with.

Chris Paul might be the most ridiculous conundrum to rank him as a player.

His stats plus advanced stats make him out to be a top 10 player of all time but his lack of team success and random chokes cause to be pushed down.

If we are only looking at numbers Cp3 is the second greatest point guard of all time and a top 10 player. There is more than numbers though and we can't quantify his affect on how his team finds a way to lose no matter the situation to a lesser teams . He may be the unluckiest players of all-time.

^ What lesser teams did he lose to besides possibly the Rockets last season?

He lost to:

'08 Spurs
    '09 Nuggets
    '11 Lakers
    '12 Spurs
    '13 Grizzlies
    '14 Thunder
    '15 Rockets

Rockets last year are the only team that might've been inferior and they still won the same amount of games as LAC plus had homecourt. Going into the playoffs everybody had the Clippers losing to the Spurs in the 1st round.

Local High School Star

to me the clippers have kind of suffered from the same thing the mcgrady/ming rockets did.

that team constantly had a star player injured in the playoffs, and drew a bad matchup (utah jazz) multiple times. they didnt get good role players until aaron brooks, carl landry, and ron artest. but by then tmac has just about done with yao soon to follow.

i dont feel like the clippers have always been stacked and this last postseason is the first time blake has been healthy coming into the playoffs.

people say they underachieved when no one even expected them to get out of the first round.

Good High School Starter notatop29pg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bobopenguin
    to be fair, it was cp3 vs deron back then.
    It's been CP3 V Insert "Next big thing PG" here every year for the last 10yrs.

That says it all.

Banned

I still can't believe he blew a 3-1 series lead over a truly garbage Rockets squad.

Seriously, if he were white and choked like that we would never hear the end of it.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by Young X
    I'm just logical and have followed his career.

One player can't cover an entire team's weaknesses especially if he's constantly facing teams just as good if not better than his every round. Until I see him underperform for an entire series and lose to a clearly inferior team I'll never blame him. Same goes for any other player.

I don't give a f*ck if he never gets to the finals, if he continues to play excellent basketball and impact the game at a high level he'a a great in my book.
    you are one sad person.