Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

Default Re: Throwback: Chris Paul scores 4 points in 58 point playoff loss to Nuggets

In some parts of the world his nickname is CP58

Banned

Default Re: Throwback: Chris Paul scores 4 points in 58 point playoff loss to Nuggets

Funny thing is that one of Chris Paul's best friends, Carmelo Anthony, was the catalyst to that blowout. I'm surprised Chris wasn't salty about this, because I would.

Also, this probably is the greatest team accomplishment that Carmelo Anthony has ever experienced yet it barley gets talked about.

Damn, the Hornets got absolutely brutalized in that series. Lost by 29, 15, 58, and 21.

This game sums up his career

Local High School Star Megabox!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Dirk averaged 35/12/4 on 53% against this Nuggets team... probably peak Dirk, 2nd best in da world
    Damn

He was injured in that postseason.

Banned

I always bring up this game every time someone thinks CP3 has it in him to lead a team to the finals.

He lost by 58 at home too.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

cp3 is not the a difference making player

simply a 2nd round exit at best type of player

gets so many passes

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Dirk averaged 35/12/4 on 53% against this Nuggets team... probably peak Dirk, 2nd best in da world
    And the Nuggets still HANDLED the Mavs in 5 with all 4 wins being by double digits.

I don't think people remember how good/hot the Nuggets were towards the end of the season and in the playoffs.

Went 8-2 in the first two rounds with 7 of the 8 wins being by double digits. It's pretty amusing that for all the shit Melo gets, he took a team with post-prime Chauncey Billups and JR Smith to the WCF.

Yet Chris Paul could never accomplish that feat with West/Chandler OR with Griffin/DeAndre so far.

At least CP3's got dem State Farm commercials I guess.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by keep-itreal
    Why does Chris Paul gets a pass with everything?
    I don't get it either. I feel the same way.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    And the Nuggets still HANDLED the Mavs in 5 with all 4 wins being by double digits.

I don't think people remember how good/hot the Nuggets were towards the end of the season and in the playoffs.

Went 8-2 in the first two rounds with 7 of the 8 wins being by double digits. It's pretty amusing that for all the shit Melo gets, he took a team with post-prime Chauncey Billups and JR Smith to the WCF.

Yet Chris Paul could never accomplish that feat with West/Chandler OR with Griffin/DeAndre so far.

At least CP3's got dem State Farm commercials I guess.

That Mavs team wasn't good at all though...and the Hornets weren't that good either.

I don't think the Nuggets were all that great either, but Billups was still a very good player...and a group of Kenyon Martin, Nene, JR, Bird Man, and DJ is hardly bad.

The problem with the "2nd round argument" in such black/white terms...is that...that was an incredibly easy path to the WCF for the Nuggets. The Clippers of the last 2 years probably sweep or win in 5 against the 09 Hornets and 09 Mavs....

I actually agree that Paul tends to get a pass and is kind of over-rated here at times, but I don't think 09 is a great argument in favor of Melo to be honest.

Not only because of the competition, but because Melo actually scored efficiently in the playoffs in 09. If he did that consistently...his impact in the playoffs would be much greater.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawhi m8
    This game sums up his career
    Wasn't this the same guy who hit the series ending shot that sent the Spurs ass home?

the WHITE side

Quote Originally Posted by SyRyanYang
    In some parts of the world his nickname is CP58
    Should've said CP4.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Cp3rd round virgin

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    Cp3rd round virgin