Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Shaq/Chuck call Dirk a top 25 player all-time, GOAT Euro, GOAT big man shooter

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    Peak Wade and peak KG > peak Dirk

Dirk has one ring, so where is this delusion stemming from? His 50 win seasons?
    KG gets massive underrated ISH its not even funny

Default Re: Shaq/Chuck call Dirk a top 25 player all-time, GOAT Euro, GOAT big man shooter

lets see dirks career when he plays with multiple HoFers in their primes. GTFO

kg has one ring, so where is this delusion stemming from? his multiple missed playoff appearances in his prime?

kg and wade must be the most overrated players ever

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Dirk is a great player, and more than likely top 20, but he wasn't better than Sabonis, so they need to cut the GOAT Euro shit, since they really don't have a clue about basketball out there.
    great post
    Sabonis was the best euro ever. if he didnt get injured so much and came over earlier in his career, which he wasnt allowed to, he would have had a top 5 GOAT career.
    He was an absolute monster and had it ALL

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mr.big35
    KG gets massive underrated ISH its not even funny
    according to posters here, everyone is underrated, there's only so few spots in the top 15. 15 to be exact....

Here we go with the "rangz" argument

Dont act like that isnt debatable, though..

Prime Dirk > Prime Wade btw. More points, rebounds, and impact offensively (his shooting alone makes him a constant threat).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Here we go with the "rangz" argument

Dont act like that isnt debatable, though..

Prime Dirk > Prime Wade btw. More points, rebounds, and impact offensively (his shooting alone makes him more consistent).
    what about kg someone mentioned that dirk is better

Quote Originally Posted by mr.big35
    what about kg someone mentioned that dirk is better
    Peak KG is a top 10 player, imo.. better than Wade AND Dirk, who get fairly rated here.

Banned

kuniva, you already know we're here to support our favorite players while throwing around hyperbole and calling anyone with contradictory stances the idiots that they are.

Also rangz

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Yes...lets' roll eyes

I could list off a bunch of things like the above about Dirk...

But you act like I'm saying Dirk was definitively better...I already said I rank Moses over Dirk.

But I think they are close...and actually prefer Dirk's game over his.

Some reminders about Dirk;

Led his team to 11 straight 50 win seasons (only 4 franchises have ever done this)

One of 4 players in the history of the NBA playoffs to average over 25/10 for their careers

Won a title without an all nba or all star teammate and didn't have half the help Moses did

10th best ortg in playoff history

10th best ft shooter in playoff history

10th in points all time

16th in playoff points all time

12x all star

12x all nba

Dirk was a better playoff performer.
    Dirk didn't "give up" or "stop trying"...late in his career

I could go on...it's close between them in GOAT rankings at this point.

I'm not under-rating Moses...he just wasn't definitively better than Dirk throughout their careers.

Moses has 2 more MVP's and you can't say that he didn't have competition for those, or even competition at center. Know how many players have more than 2 MVP's, all-time? And that dude was never flashy or really likeable, plus didn't play with major hype going around, so can't "hold it against him".
    Same number of FMVP. Same # of all-nba 1st, and at the C spot.

Moses is still higher in total points and like I've said, he's 5th in total rebounds all-time, which is major.

At their best, Moses was the flat-out better rebounder, up with him as a scorer, easily better defensive impact... Dirk's the better shooter and I'd even give him the edge as a scorer, and he was less of a blackhole.. It's close, still I'd take Moses' peak, overall considering it all, even intangibles.

In the 1981 Playoffs, he led a team to the Finals, with his best teammates being Robert Reid, Billy Paultz and Calvin Murphy who got injured along the way. Just playing like a beast, going h2h against Kareem, Parish and Sam Lacey. You'll talk about Dirk's help but what do you say to that? And yea they didn't win but so didn't Dirk in 2006 with much better help.. When Moses got the proper help, they just completely destroyed the whole league.

Like I've said, they steam-rolled through the whole league in 1983, go look at what Moses did that year, look at the impact on the team, the numbers, advanced stats, both rs and ps, everything.. He got the help and was good for it.

After he stopped trying, let's say, he was still good for some 24/12 seasons, even 3rd in MVP voting, all-nba 1st, couple of solid playoff runs... That's a considerable dent in his career, I won't argue against it but he still has really good longevity.

Dirk the better playoff performer in terms of career? Yea, also because of that above, but in terms of peak/prime? I wouldn't say so.

Love Dirk, and I rank pretty highly but Moses is pretty close to the top10 and Dirk's not that close.
    Last edited by SHAQisGOAT; 04-10-2014 at 11:12 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SHAQisGOAT
    Moses has 2 more MVP's and you can't say that he didn't have competition for those, or even competition at center. Know how many players have more than 2 MVP's, all-time? And that dude was never flashy or really likeable, plus didn't play with major hype going around, so can't "hold it against him".
    Same number of FMVP. Same # of all-nba 1st, and at the C spot.

Moses is still higher in total points and like I've said, he's 5th in total rebounds all-time, which is major.

At their best, Moses was the flat-out better rebounder, up with him as a scorer, easily better defensive impact... Dirk's the better shooter and I'd even give him the edge as a scorer, and he was less of a blackhole.. It's close, still I'd take Moses' peak, overall considering it all, even intangibles.

In the 1981 Playoffs, he led a team to the Finals, with his best teammates being Robert Reid, Billy Paultz and Calvin Murphy who got injured along the way. Just playing like a beast, going h2h against Kareem, Parish and Sam Lacey. You'll talk about Dirk's help but what do you say to that? And yea they didn't win but so didn't Dirk in 2006 with much better help.. When Moses got the proper help, they just completely destroyed the whole league.

Like I've said, they steam-rolled through the whole league in 1983, go look at what Moses did that year, look at the impact on the team, the numbers, advanced stats, both rs and ps, everything.. He got the help and was good for it.

After he stopped trying, let's say, he was still good for some 24/12 seasons, even 3rd in MVP voting, all-nba 1st, couple of solid playoff runs... That's a considerable dent in his career, I won't argue against it but he still has really good longevity.

Dirk the better playoff performer in terms of career? Yea, also because of that above, but in terms of peak/prime? I wouldn't say so.

Love Dirk, and I rank pretty highly but Moses is pretty close to the top10 and Dirk's not that close.

Please stop acting like I'm hating on Moses...I'm not.

Let me guess...it's more important that Moses is the 7th all time scorer in the regular season while Dirk is 10th (not done yet buddy)...than it is that Dirk is the 16th leader in playoff points while Moses is 46th...right?

Or that it doesn't mean anything that Dirk is 23rd in playoff rebounds and Moses is 27th...right?

Only what you list and think matters.

We could go back and forth on this all day.

You asked my case...and I listed some random Dirk accomplishments that are right in line with Moses. That isn't even really my case...I just showed you I could list a bunch of shit for Dirk as well.

I can go tit for tat on this shit....when Dirk got proper help he led a 20 to 1 underdog to win the title. Had the most clutch playoff run since early 90's MJ. Led easily the worst roster to ever win 67 or more games...

On and on we go. Two all time greats somewhere in the same range. Really doesn't matter to me where you put them. I myself rank Moses over Dirk...but that has a lot to do with respecting an all timer and letting Dirk's career play out.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 04-10-2014 at 11:20 PM.

kuniva, you already know we're here to support our favorite players while throwing around hyperbole and calling anyone with contradictory stances the idiots that they are.

Also rangz
    No doubt.. I'm just saying, there is a fine line between hyperbole and complete "stanning". Lets keep it 100 here fellas

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Yea, except i dont know how they think about that GOAT euro part, i mean yes he is the GOAT NBA Euro, he was better/more accomplished than any euro in the NBA, but he is not the most accomplished player ever in Europe and neither is he the most talanted/skilled/dominant Euro player ever, that was prime Drazen Petrovic & Arvydas Sabonis.
    Sabonis myth lives on.

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Among PFs. Where Do You Rank Him?

1-Tim Duncan
    2-Charles Barkley
    3-Karl Malone
    4-Bob Pettit
    5-Kevin McHale
    6-Kevin Garnett
    7-Elvin Hayes
    8-Dirk Nowitsky
    9-Chris Webber
    10-Ralph Sampson

*I would Put Him Right Under Elvin Hayes a Top 7 GOAT PF

Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

Dirk has made no all-defensive team.
    Averages 22.5 / 8.1 / 2.6 on 47%
    1x NBA Champion

Wade averages 24.3 / 6.0 / 5.0 on 49%
    3x NBA Champion
    Wade only averages 1 block per game to Dirk's 0.9

Dirk is definitely a top 25 like Shaq and Chuck said.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Dwyane Wade:
    3x NBA Champion
    NBA Finals MVP
    10x All-Star
    2x All NBA First (Should be 3 a/ 2011 but the media loves Kobe)
    2x All NBA Second Defensive
    Scoring Champion

- Career averages of 24/6/5 on 50%.
    - Better peak than Dirk
    - One of the greatest individual performances in Finals history.

Other than the MVP and a few more consistent seasons, how is Dirk better?
    Last edited by EnoughSaid; 04-10-2014 at 11:47 PM.