Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Da Mavs

Default Re: My Top 10 Players in the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by RocketGreatness
    I don't get nor do I care, but I'm looking for your Top 10 list you idot, so you can either make it or get the hell out right now.
    You completely ignored the angle I took, that just means you know it's true.

As for my list:

1. Kobe
    2. LeBron
    3. Wade
    4. CP3
    5. Duncan
    6. Dirk
    7. Dwight
    8. Roy
    9. Melo
    10. Yao/KG (whoever is healthier)

Da Mavs

um. Didn't you say a healthy Yao is better than a healthy Dwight, Wtf is wrong with you seriously, do you get drunk everyday or something? Make up your fucking mind right now idiot. I don't give a fuck about your sorry ass feelings.
    A healthy Dwight Howard is going to give me 14 rebounds and 3 blocks a night. DPOY, no big man in the league is even close to him in defensive presence.

Yao gives me 20 PPG on 14 FGA.

Dwight gives me 21 PPG on 13 FGA.

The difference is the defense.

Dwight got "exposed" or whatever against Bynum/Gasol but this is the NBA, you don't face that talented of a frontline every night. Dwight is so athletic, that his athleticism alone lets him beat other centers in the post, despite the fact that he is mostly a dunker or a baby hook shooter.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    A healthy Dwight Howard is going to give me 14 rebounds and 3 blocks a night. DPOY, no big man in the league is even close to him in defensive presence.

Yao gives me 20 PPG on 14 FGA.

Dwight gives me 21 PPG on 13 FGA.

The difference is the defense.

Dwight got "exposed" or whatever against Bynum/Gasol but this is the NBA, you don't face that talented of a frontline every night. Dwight is so athletic, that his athleticism alone lets him beat other centers in the post, despite the fact that he is mostly a dunker or a baby hook shooter.
    Yep and I'm sure Brandon Roy and Carmelo Anthony are going to bring you that over Yao Ming as well. You are ****ing retarded, Do you even know how to answer questions correctly? The question was who would you rather take a healthy Yao or a healthy Howadr, jesus you are an idiot, Gtfo right now.

You do nothing but change your mind and make double standard posts. Just leave dude you are pathetic.

wow i am completely and utterly astonished ish didn't go ape$hit over duncan not being in the top 3. i think kg is too high. i'd rather have melo or b roy over him anyday. good list though

Da Mavs

Yep and I'm sure Brandon Roy and Carmelo Anthony are going to bring you that over Yao Ming as well. You are ****ing retarded, Do you even know how to answer questions correctly? The question was who would you rather take a healthy Yao or a healthy Howadr, jesus you are an idiot, Gtfo right now.

I would take a healthy Howard over a Healthy Yao.

Howard is a far better defensive player, we can all agree on that.

Then despite the fact that Howard has no post moves, his offensive numbers are better. One more pt on one less FGA, you GTFO

Melo and Roy are swingmen, how am I going to compare them to Yao/Dwight. They are clearly better scorers and leaders than Yao and are more talented. Melo and Roy haven't even hit their peaks yet, statistically, Yao is already there at age 28.

Banned

I would take a healthy Howard over a Healthy Yao.

Howard is a far better defensive player, we can all agree on that.

Then despite the fact that Howard has no post moves, his offensive numbers are better. One more pt on one less FGA, you GTFO

Melo and Roy are swingmen, how am I going to compare them to Yao/Dwight. They are clearly better scorers and leaders than Yao and are more talented. Melo and Roy haven't even hit their peaks yet, statistically, Yao is already there at age 28.
    Yeah and Defensively? See this is where you are being an absolute idiot. You say Howard is better because of his FG% and defensive purposes. Unless Roy and Melo are better than Yao on that end than ok fine. But they aren't and they shoot a lot less efficient than Yao does.

Just leave seriously, you are an absolutely shame to every single laker fan and every single person who lives in Houston.

Does anybody with a real brain want to talk about my list? Because D-Rose clearly does not have one.

National High School Star

Personally I'd move Garnett to 10, Deron to 8, and swap Yao and Duncan. Maybe even drop Paul.

im a superhero

Top 3 are all equal. One cannot be put over the other.

4. Nowitzki
    5. Howard
    6. Paul
    7. Anthony
    8. Duncan
    9. Garnett
    10. Roy

Da Mavs

Yeah and Defensively? See this is where you are being an absolute idiot. You say Howard is better because of his FG% and defensive purposes. Unless Roy and Melo are better than Yao on that end than ok fine. But they aren't and they shoot a lot less efficient than Yao does.

Just leave seriously, you are an absolutely shame to every single laker fan and every single person who lives in Houston.

Does anybody with a real head want to talk about my list?
    First of all anyone that compares a PF/C FG% to a perimter player needs to understand that shots closer to the basket=higher percentage

Yao obviously blocks more shots and rebounds more than a SF/SG. The other two obviously get more steals.

Comparing Yao and Dwight defensively is oranges and oranges. Comparing Yao and Roy/Melo defensively is oranges and apples.

Dwight has the same offensive production despite being illiterate in post moves and is a far better defensive presence than Yao.

Yao is not a scorer like Shaq. Shaq is a better scorer in his prime at the Center position than Roy or Melo are at all. Yao averages 19 PPG on 53%, Pau Gasol beats that.

You want me to tell you why Roy/Melo>Yao? Same reason Wade/KB/LBJ are. More offensively dominant players. Neither has hit their peak. Both have had relative team success and both are better leaders than Yao.

Banned

First of all anyone that compares a PF/C FG% to a perimter player needs to understand that shots closer to the basket=higher percentage

Yao obviously blocks more shots and rebounds more than a SF/SG. The other two obviously get more steals.

Comparing Yao and Dwight defensively is oranges and oranges. Comparing Yao and Roy/Melo defensively is oranges and apples.

Dwight has the same offensive production despite being illiterate in post moves and is a far better defensive presence than Yao.

Yao is not a scorer like Shaq. Shaq is a better scorer in his prime at the Center position than Roy or Melo are at all. Yao averages 19 PPG on 53%, Pau Gasol beats that.

You want me to tell you why Roy/Melo>Yao? Same reason Wade/KB/LBJ are. More offensively dominant players. Neither has hit their peak. Both have had relative team success and both are better leaders than Yao.
    And where is proof they are better leaders? Melo never led his team past the 1st round without Billups, Roy has yet to get past the 1st round,

All I've seen you do is type up an opinion that is a blatant lie so I am clearly done with you at this point, because I am not arguing with an idiot Kobe only fan. Have a nice day and I hope you get run over by a car tomorrow.

im a superhero

And where is proof they are better leaders? Melo never led his team past the 1st round without Billups, Roy has yet to get past the 1st round,
    All I've seen you do is type up an opinion that is a blatant lie so I am clearly done with you at this point, because I am not arguing with an idiot Kobe only fan. Have a nice day and I hope you get run over by a car tomorrow.
    Couldn't the same be said for Yao not getting past the first round without Artest?

Da Mavs

Haha I'm the Kobe fan? You were the one supporting a Kobe avatar during the playoffs Not to mentio begging for rep points in the Laker forum because you were "rooting for LA".

Roy is not a leader? He owns that team and it is just his 3rd season. Rookie of the year, 2-time all-star and clear leader of a team that he took from being the "Jailblazers" to a respected 50 win team now.

Melo was better than Billups in the playoffs by far, the Dallas series belonged to him and he did well against LA as well. Billups will be around for only so long, this is Melo's team and he's more talented than Billups as well.

If there was a draft of NBA players today, Melo and Roy go before Yao easily. They are both young players that are yet to hit their primes, and they are healthy, neither is going to fracture their left foot any minute. You live in some fantasy world that Yao is never injured or isn't affected by his injuries. He's obviously slower because of his injuries. One reason I dought he performs well deep in the playoffs is because he is so tired the whole year from 90+ games.

Yao's offensive production and post moves are easily matched by Pau Gasol and Gasol is arguably a better defender. Yet Pau is nowhere near the Top 10?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by donald_trump
    Couldn't the same be said for Yao not getting past the first round without Artest?
    You would make somewhat of a decent point if Artest elevated the Rockets from an 8th seed to a 2nd seed. You would also make more of a decent point if he was an all-star at this point in his career which he's not.

Roy is not a leader? He owns that team and it is just his 3rd season. Rookie of the year, 2-time all-star and clear leader of a team that he took from being the "Jailblazers" to a respected 50 win team now.
    And....That makes him better than Yao because of that? I guess Yao elevating the Rockets to a playoff team doesn't count then.

Melo was better than Billups in the playoffs by far, the Dallas series belonged to him and he did well against LA as well. Billups will be around for only so long, this is Melo's team and he's more talented than Billups as well.
    Yeah and that 1st round doesn't mean anything I mean you could get knocked out of the playoffs that way but oh well right?

If there was a draft of NBA players today, Melo and Roy go before Yao easily. They are both young players that are yet to hit their primes, and they are healthy, neither is going to fracture their left foot any minute. You live in some fantasy world that Yao is never injured or isn't affected by his injuries. He's obviously slower because of his injuries. One reason I dought he performs well deep in the playoffs is because he is so tired the whole year from 90+ games.
    Looks like the term when healthy has never struck your stupid head yet.
    Yao's offensive production and post moves are easily matched by Pau Gasol and Gasol is arguably a better defender. Yet Pau is nowhere near the Top 10?
    Hm maybe if Pau was on a team similar to the Rockets which would be no Kobe Bryant on it you would make a decent point and stop right now if you think Gasol is the better defender.
    Last edited by RocketGreatness; 06-17-2009 at 01:39 AM.

Da Mavs

And....That makes him better than Yao because of that? I guess Yao elevating the Rockets to a playoff team doesn't count then.

Yeah and that 1st round doesn't mean anything I mean you could get knocked out of the playoffs that way but oh well right?

Looks like the term when healthy has never struck your stupid head yet.

Hm maybe if Pau was on a team similar to the Rockets which would be no Kobe Bryant on it you would make a decent point and stop right now if you think Gasol is the better defender.
    I'm just going to agree to disagree on comparing a perimeter player to a Center.

There was a stat that showed that in this series Dwight went 1-on-1 with Gasol over 50 times thise series and Dwight got zero field goals.

Gasol was the best player on a 50 win team in Memphis. He didn't have a player like Tracy McGrady or Ron Artest to play with, yet still in the tough West he made the playoffs and just like Yao didn't win in a series.

Compare the two this year:

Gasol: 19 PPG on 12.9 FGA, 57%. 9.6 RPG, 3.5 APG, 1 BPG

Yao: 20 PPG on 13.3 FGA, 55%. 9.9 RPG, 1.8 APG, 1.9 BPG

Looks like it's nearly the exact same stat line, so tell me now how does Gasol not sniff the Top 10 yet according to you Yao is a lock.

I cant really argue anything on that list. It does indeed look about right.