Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Who is the better basketball player - Carmelo Anthony or Dwyane Wade?

1. lebron
    2. wade
    3. dwight
    4. healthy chris paul
    5. durant
    6. kobe bryant
    7. dirk nowitzki
    8. derrick rose / westbrook
    9. carmelo anthony <----

so no... he is not better than wade

Serious playground baller ATL_Bball_King's Avatar

Default Re: Who is the better basketball player - Carmelo Anthony or Dwyane Wade?

Offense Melo>>Wade
    Defense Wade>>>Melo

And since there is a bigger gap in wades defense compared to melo...I guess i would have to go with Wade...But i would say right now melo is the best offensive scorer in the game...

Quote Originally Posted by BlackJoker23
    melo is not a better scorer than wade. check wade's numbers in the playoffs where he's ripped apart great defenses like 06 pistons, 10 celtics. melo has a very smooth game and has a more diverse skillset than wade (better footwork, post game, mid range) but he's not as effective as wade. he can't get to the lane as well as wade does largely due to wade's superior slashing ability and handle. wade's ability to draw fouls and finish around the rim at a high level is invaluable. only thing melo has on wade is gamewinning shots and rebounding.
    I said Melo has more ways to score than Wade. And thats what swayed my opinion cause their scoring numbers are very similar. Understand EXACTLY what I'm saying first before u disagree. Plus Melo can get to the rack too and get to the line. Wade might be the better pure slasher, but Melo can get it done slashing.
    Last edited by bizil; 04-26-2011 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ATL_Bball_King
    Offense Melo>>Wade
    Defense Wade>>>Melo

And since there is a bigger gap in wades defense compared to melo...I guess i would have to go with Wade...But i would say right now melo is the best offensive scorer in the game...
    Agreed with offense and defense....

But Wade does take night off on Dee...but Melo can take a whole season off..lol.

I have been saying though Melo is the best scorer in the NBA when he wants to be. He can beat you on the dribble...hit fade aways...drive for And 1's, post with great footwork...hit clutch buckets...three's...hit shots with defenders in his grill...etc. etc. Again all this when his mind is in the game...sometime I think Melo just gets lazy though.

Melo might be the most skilled, but he isn't the most effective, thus not the best. Dude is shooting what, 43% for the season? Laid an egg vs Boston other than that crazy game 2 performance. Kobe, Durant, LeBron, and Wade are better scorers than Melo, IMO. Kobe and Melo are probably the most skilled scorers, though.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    I said Melo has more ways to score than Wade. And thats what swayed my opinion cause their scoring numbers are very similar. Understand EXACTLY what I'm saying first before u disagree. Plus Melo can get to the rack too and get to the line. Wade might be the better pure slasher, but Melo is get it done slashing.
    their scoring numbers are not similar. raw ppg yes but not efficiency. wade shoots a much higher percent from the field. lets not forget, melo had the benefit of playing in a more uptempo offense in denver which results in more opportunites to score and more fastbreak points. melo's also played with decent playmakers so he didn't have to shoulder the load of scoring and creating like wade does.

09 wade
    30 ppg/49 fg%/57.4 ts%

thats more volume and greater efficiency than melo has ever had. of course, you bring the playoffs into the conversation and the discrepancy becomes even larger. i EXACTLY know what you're saying, just that you're completely off-base.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackJoker23
    their scoring numbers are not similar. raw ppg yes but not efficiency. wade shoots a much higher percent from the field. lets not forget, melo had the benefit of playing in a more uptempo offense in denver which results in more opportunites to score and more fastbreak points. melo's also played with decent playmakers so he didn't have to shoulder the load of scoring and creating like wade does.

09 wade
    30 ppg/49 fg%/57.4 ts%

thats more volume and greater efficiency than melo has ever had. of course, you bring the playoffs into the conversation and the discrepancy becomes even larger. i EXACTLY know what you're saying, just that you're completely off-base.
    Melo is such a talented scorer that he doesn't have to play in an uptempo system. He can get it anyway u want it in any system. As a matter of fact, D'Antoni wanted Melo to play even MORE uptempo in NY. They said he was getting the ball and holding it too much at times. And Wade has the ball in hands a lot more than Melo does cause he has PG type duties I agree. But he has his destiny in his hands more than Melo due to that also. So the way I look at it Wade could control his own destiny more than Melo. And now Wade has the greatest passing forward of all time in Bron hooking him up.

Wade also had the benefit of playing with Shaq when Shaq was still a top ten player in the L. Which made Wade have less pressure than Melo had early in his career. And Wade for his career shoots 49% overall while Melo shoots 46% for his career. So ya Wade has that edge. But 46% from the field is still very good and not enough to say Wade clearly is a better scorer. Like I said if anything it's a wash until u factor in Melo's skillset when it comes to scoring. That makes up for a 3% difference in field goal shooting. 46% to 49% is not a huge gap at all in my book.

It's not offbase AT ALL to say Melo is a better scorer than Wade. And vice versa. But Melo's versatility in scoring gives him the edge. That's all I'm saying. Anybody who know bball know 46% to 49% is not that big of a gap. There is a reason why most of the experts say the best scorers in the world are Melo, Durant, and Kobe. Cause they have the MOST tools to score. Bron and Wade score just as many points by the numbers. But they don't have as many ways to score as the other three. If u think Wade is a better scorer than cool. But to say I'm offbase to say Melo is the better scorer is INSANE! I guess Barkley, Kenny Smith, and all the other NBA guys are insane like me cause they say the same thing about Melo. But Wade is the better player flat out and that's was the topic of this thread to begin with.
    Last edited by bizil; 04-26-2011 at 05:16 PM.

NBA rookie of the year ashbelly's Avatar

I'll go with wade on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    LOL

Wade. Not even remotely close.

Melo is extremely over-rated.
    Yet you always say he is the most clutch player in the league. You may say that Wade is better, but how could you say that Melo is extremely overrated when you praise him all the time?

Anyway, back to the OP. Give me Melo. Wade is a ref-made superstar. His efficiency drops when he doesn't get his b.s. calls. He's still a very good player, but Melo is better, IMO.

Wade's 1-on-1 defense is overrated, and Melo can defend pretty well when he wants to.

Melo is a better shooter, scorer, and rebounder, and more clutch.

Quote Originally Posted by ATL_Bball_King
    Offense Melo>>Wade
    Defense Wade>>>Melo

wut ? Wade trumps over this chucker.

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus
    Yet you always say he is the most clutch player in the league. You may say that Wade is better, but how could you say that Melo is extremely overrated when you praise him all the time?

Anyway, back to the OP. Give me Melo. Wade is a ref-made superstar. His efficiency drops when he doesn't get his b.s. calls. He's still a very good player, but Melo is better, IMO.

Wade's 1-on-1 defense is overrated, and Melo can defend pretty well when he wants to.

wut ?? wade trumps over the turnstile pierce just dropped 38pts on his head the other day

ISH' Muslim Community LEFT4DEAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Melo might be the most skilled, but he isn't the most effective, thus not the best. Dude is shooting what, 43% for the season? Laid an egg vs Boston other than that crazy game 2 performance. Kobe, Durant, LeBron, and Wade are better scorers than Melo, IMO. Kobe and Melo are probably the most skilled scorers, though.
    Career wise Melo shoots 46% from the field and that's what he shot for the season. Kobe for his career shoots 45% from the field and this season 45%. Durant for this season and career shoots 46%. Bron shot 51% this season and 48% for his career. And Wade shoots 49% for his career and 50% for this season. To me all of these guys have very good to great fg%. Wade and Bron are the two best slashers along with Rose in the L today. So their fg% are gonna be a lil higher. Kobe, Durant, and Melo shoot more jumpers so theirs is gonna be a little lower. But Kobe, Durant, and Melo have more ways to beat u scoring than Wade and Bron. To me that makes up the difference in FG%. So to me it's a matter of taste. But for anybody to be in an uproar that I think Melo is the best scorer in the world is crazy. U can disagree but it's very, very, very logical. The versatility in his scoring and his size gives him an edge in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    Career wise Melo shoots 46% from the field and that's what he shot for the season. Kobe for his career shoots 45% from the field and this season 45%. Durant for this season and career shoots 46%. Bron shot 51% this season and 48% for his career. And Wade shoots 49% for his career and 50% for this season. To me all of these guys have very good to great fg%. Wade and Bron are the two best slashers along with Rose in the L today. So their fg% are gonna be a lil higher. Kobe, Durant, and Melo shoot more jumpers so theirs is gonna be a little lower. But Kobe, Durant, and Melo have more ways to beat u scoring than Wade and Bron. To me that makes up the difference in FG%. So to me it's a matter of taste. But for anybody to be in an uproar that I think Melo is the best scorer in the world is crazy. U can disagree but it's very, very, very logical. The versatility in his scoring and his size gives him an edge in my opinion.
    Jacking up 50 ft shots is what is messing up their efficiency aka taking bad shots instead of getting into the lane. If they were to get into the lane and score more often their efficiencies would be higher. So no, this guys don't have more ways to beat a defense than bron and wade.

I rule the local playground

wade...easily