Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Decent college freshman

Default Wade & Lebron's Legacies if the Heat miss the Playoffs?

The Heat are more then likely going to miss the Playoffs. How much of a hit does Wade's Legacy take? How much of a rise does Lebron's legacy get?

Inb4 Dubeta and 5 Alts, Jacks3, and other Wade Haters.

Banned

Default Re: Wade & Lebron's Legacies if the Heat miss the Playoffs?

I'm a Wade fan but what 'Legacy'?

I have him tied for 2nd GOAT shooting guard of all-time after tonight. Bumped him down from first. Will reclaim it if he plays next season.

Banned

I don't think it really hurts him considering the context for Miami's season. I slot him in as the third best shooting guard ever, making/not making the playoffs isn't going to bump that ranking up or down.

Wades legacy is pretty much set. No harm will come of it at this point. Lebron's legacy still has a little time to develop, but it's taken severe PR damage, some might say irreversible. The Heat, at this point, have little to no impact on Lebron's legacy.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Wade's legacy is already secure and it won't take a hit at all. Anyone who's defining his legacy off of one past prime season would be an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by greatest-ever
    Wade's legacy is already secure and it won't take a hit at all. Anyone who's defining his legacy off of one past prime season would be an idiot.
    This.

If Wade has another 2-3 seasons of ~21 PPG with ~60-65 games played per season, he might climb up a couple of notches, but he's not moving down.

Banned

pretty sure wade accomplished more without lebron than lebron ever accomplished without wade

and the heat are minus bosh/allen/battier/miller ontop of lebron

take away pippen/rodman/kukoc/harper and jordan would be in the same position

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    This.

If Wade has another 2-3 seasons of ~21 PPG with ~60-65 games played per season, he might climb up a couple of notches, but he's not moving down.
    I agree that he can still move up a spot or 2, but most won't see it that way unfortunately. Most will pretty much have his spot cemented while biased wade haters will look for reasons to move him down the list.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    pretty sure wade accomplished more without lebron than lebron ever accomplished without wade

and the heat are minus bosh/allen/battier/miller ontop of lebron

take away pippen/rodman/kukoc/harper and jordan would be in the same position
    Take away Shaq and Pau and Kobe would be in the same position. Dude needed Hall of Fame calibre big men to win, what did he ever accomplish alone?

From last month.

"This is the best I've felt in years right now," Wade said Wednesday. "You question it. And you try not to question it, like 'Why? Why couldn't I feel like this the last two years?' But it is what it is. I'm feeling like this now, when I need it individually to (carry) more of a load to help this team."

"It feels good, man," said Wade, who is averaging 21.8 points, 5.2 assists and 3.7 rebounds in 49 games. "I've taken a lot of criticism and I've worked very hard on my body to get to the point where I know, fourth quarter, it shows. That means a lot to me. When everyone is tired, I go up a notch. And for an old guy, that's not bad at all to have that extra level to go to."

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...-felt-in-years

I'm not saying he's still in his prime, but it's hard to ignore what he said about himself this season.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 24-Inch_Chrome
    Take away Shaq and Pau and Kobe would be in the same position. Dude needed Hall of Fame calibre big men to win, what did he ever accomplish alone?

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    From last month.

"This is the best I've felt in years right now," Wade said Wednesday. "You question it. And you try not to question it, like 'Why? Why couldn't I feel like this the last two years?' But it is what it is. I'm feeling like this now, when I need it individually to (carry) more of a load to help this team."

"It feels good, man," said Wade, who is averaging 21.8 points, 5.2 assists and 3.7 rebounds in 49 games. "I've taken a lot of criticism and I've worked very hard on my body to get to the point where I know, fourth quarter, it shows. That means a lot to me. When everyone is tired, I go up a notch. And for an old guy, that's not bad at all to have that extra level to go to."

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...-felt-in-years

I'm not saying he's still in his prime, but it's hard to ignore what he said about himself this season.
    I don't see how this is relevant to my point. I was pointing out that you can't subtract from his legacy just because he didn't make the playoffs this year.

Banned

Kenneth, seriously, have your monthly meltdown and **** off. You're a pretty obvious troll, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but you're also not funny, which is.

Kobe stans are probably my least favorite group on this board (LeBron family is a close second) and you're the worst of them. Not funny, not informative, not useful in any way.

I don't see how this is relevant to my point. I was pointing out that you can't subtract from his legacy just because he didn't make the playoffs this year.
    Just the point that he was playing closer to his prime than he has since 2011. Should have been able to get his team at least an 8th seed considering the East is down this year.