Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Carmelo Anthony is the hardest person to guard in the NBA, even Kobe said so himself.

LeBron is the hardest to guard because he's so versatile. IR Beast, outside of scoring, nobody has the passing ability that LeBron possesses for a guy his size. That alone makes him the hardest to guard, not because of his offense, or lackthereof. You double him, he kicks it out to the open man for a bucket, play 1 on 1... he'll blow past you, sag off him... he'll get to the bucket with ease. You just hope to stay in front of him and force him to take a tough shot, that's really your only hope.

National High School Star NewYorkNoPicks's Avatar

Default Re: Carmelo Anthony is the hardest person to guard in the NBA, even Kobe said so himself.

Quote Originally Posted by ksr90
    He's on a little hot streak so what? You fools get so quick to judge players.

Lebrons the hardest to guard in the league and its not even close. Durant, Dirk, Kyrie all behind him.
    I swear some of you fools cut math class too many times.

AVERAGING 28ppg over 70+ games can not be overly skewed over a short "hot streak". Its a season of work

National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar

LeBron is the hardest to guard because he's so versatile. IR Beast, outside of scoring, nobody has the passing ability that LeBron possesses for a guy his size. That alone makes him the hardest to guard, not because of his offense, or lackthereof. You double him, he kicks it out to the open man for a bucket, play 1 on 1... he'll blow past you, sag off him... he'll get to the bucket with ease. You just hope to stay in front of him and force him to take a tough shot, that's really your only hope.

Passing...really?...when you're guarding someone you're trying to force them to TO the ball or give it p to somone else..why would you factor in passing ability?.... player with more skilled are in most cases tougher to guard. LBJ is first step or bust....he uses lots of screens to beat his man now-a-days.... Physically he's to affect with physically but his lack of any really moves makes him easier to stau in front of than melo and durant.

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkNoPicks
    I swear some of you fools cut math class too many times.

AVERAGING 28ppg over 70+ games can not be overly skewed over a short "hot streak". Its a season of work
    62 games. I've seen him go on stretches like these far too many times, only to fall back to earth in the playoffs or to end the season. Same shit pops up when this happens too, the overrated, overexaggeration BS from ignorant Knicks fans.

It's cause he's fat... it's hard to reach your arms around his tubby ass

Quote Originally Posted by wagexslave
    True as well.

62 games.
    nitpick much?

62 games. I've seen him go on stretches like these far too many times, only to fall back to earth in the playoffs or to end the season. Same shit pops up when this happens too, the overrated, overexaggeration BS from ignorant Knicks fans.
    Were not talking about the playoffs, were talking about a season, an overall level of production throughout his career.

And if you feel a playoff series is such an idicator of ones talent level then why are you minimizing a stretch of 166 points over 4 games, the same length of time a playoff series can be? If a playoff series is a significant enough sample size for you then so should be his current streak

Quote Originally Posted by I.R.Beast
    Passing...really?...when you're guarding someone you're trying to force them to TO the ball or give it p to somone else..why would you factor in passing ability?.... player with more skilled are in most cases tougher to guard. LBJ is first step or bust....he uses lots of screens to beat his man now-a-days.... Physically he's to affect with physically but his lack of any really moves makes him easier to stau in front of than melo and durant.
    Uh because passing is still part of the offense? When you're defending a player, not every time you'll see the offensive player force a shot up. It's another element to his craft if he CANT get a shot up. That's why LeBron is dangerous in every aspect on offense. It's not always about scoring. Same way Magic was hard to guard, Bird, Duncan, all of these guys have so much more to offer on the offensive end.

Were not talking about the playoffs, were talking about a season, an overall level of production throughout his career.

And if you feel a playoff series is such an idicator of ones talent level then why are you minimizing a stretch of 166 points over 4 games, the same length of time a playoff series can be? If a playoff series is a significant enough sample size for you then so should be his current streak
    These new Miami bandwagoners are something else. All they do is discredit everyone to prop up Lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by Tking714
    nitpick much?
    He said 70+. If he's playing every game from here on out, he still wouldn't even reach 70.

Local High School Star thabisyo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wagexslave

You people are mean

I wasn't talking specifically about the playoffs either. Just in general. I mentioned that because this is where his streak currently stands... ending the season, heading to the playoffs. If his little streak happened in the middle of the season, he'd fall back to earth a weeks later and the same stuff would pop up about Melo. Comparisons to the best players in the league would happen. He's a top 5 player to a lot of people this season, probably, so just leave it at that. He's not any lower, not any higher. Perceptions change in a matter of games to kids like you.

I'm not a huge fan of Melo, but he comes to play when it matters most. He just hasn't had the pieces fall into place for him.

Back when he was in the West he ran into the Lakers and Spurs one too many times. Those teams eventually won the chips.

03 he was a rook facing MVP KG with that team that Made the WCF and lost to Champ Lakers
    04 he lost to second seed Spurs
    05 he lost to eventual champ Spurs
    06 he lost to a crap Lakers team, but one with Prime Kobe
    07 he lost to eventual champ Spurs again
    08 he lost to top seeded Lakers who made the Finals, but lost to Boston
    09 he lost to the eventual champ Lakers

10 he lost to the Utah Jazz (this was a complete and utter upset I admit)

'11 he carried a crap injured Knicks squad by himself in the first round and lost to the Celtics, but posted monster numbers.
    '12 he lost to the eventual Champ Heat

This is the first time he has a healthy, productive Knicks squad. So this is the year that'll make or break him, and he's been producing. But seriously, Look how many times he had to go through the F'in Lakers and Spurs

I wasn't talking specifically about the playoffs either. Just in general. I mentioned that because this is where his streak currently stands... ending the season, heading to the playoffs. If his little streak happened in the middle of the season, he'd fall back to earth a weeks later and the same stuff would pop up about Melo. Comparisons to the best players in the league would happen. He's a top 5 player to a lot of people this season, probably, so just leave it at that. He's not any lower, not any higher. Perceptions change in a matter of games to kids like you.
    Kids like me? Been watching the game since '95.

Perceptions change based on what people see which is why big performances on nationally televised games allow the masses to view what true fans have seen for a while.

Melos played great the whole season. My perception now is the same as it was at the beginning of the season. Why? I watch every Knick game i can, I know what Melo can do even if some of you are just beginning tofind out