I rule the local playground Mean Joe Bean's Avatar

Default Kevin Durant is not a coward

If you think leaving a comfort zone where you are universally loved, in a small market where the pressure and the press are minimal, to become a massive villain, with a huge spotlight, and for less money is "cowardly" I would love to hear what you spend your days doing.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Default Re: Kevin Durant is not a coward

LeBron left his hometown team to join with the players with the 2nd and 4th highest PER in the league (Wade and Bosh)

Durant left his home team to play with only one top 5 player

Therefore if you think what Durant did was cowardly, what LeBron did was worse

Let's see...

If you're trying to win now, would you rather live in the Bay and play alongside Steph, Dray, and Klay or stay in Oklahoma and play with Russ and a bunch of scrubs?

Do

So in your mind, LeBron was never a villain or a coward?

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno
    Let's see...

If you're trying to win now, would you rather live in the Bay and play alongside Steph, Dray, and Klay or stay in Oklahoma and play with Russ and a bunch of scrubs?
    Adams is a scrub? Stop that. I know you're defending your new boy here, but we're still going to give you this here work in that there play offs and there ain't a damn thing you can do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spurs5Rings2014
    Adams is a scrub? Stop that. I know you're defending your new boy here, but we're still going to give you this here work in that there play offs and there ain't a damn thing you can do about it.

Good to see you back bro How'd the early vacation treat you?

My boy KD bout to shit on the Spurs again, like he always has

Let's see...

Only frontrunners think like this.

How about trying to bring your franchise a long-awaited championship (when you're a certified contender every year)?

Or if you leave, not joining a 73 win championship team that humiliated you the season before? A team that has already proven it has what it takes to win without you and already has a player better than you on it?

I true competitor in Durant's position should have at least a small hatred of that Warriors team. They stole all your shine and emerged as the #1 team in the west. They beat you 3 times in the regular season, and then embarrassed you in the playoffs.

Why join them? What does winning that ring really mean? Wouldn't you gain more satisfaction being the guy that took them down?

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    LeBron left his hometown team to join with the players with the 2nd and 4th highest PER in the league (Wade and Bosh)

Durant left his home team to play with only one top 5 player

Therefore if you think what Durant did was cowardly, what LeBron did was worse
    That's a bunch of bullcrap. I have the answer but I'm saving it. I got a lot to say about that, but I will tell you this Warriors have two of the best shooters and three point shooters ever, plus two top 1st team defenders in Draymond and Iguodala. I'll save the rest for some other time.

P.S. warriorfan where do upload your screen shots? I use http://imgur.com/ but it's not good for this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Young X
    Only frontrunners think like this.

How about trying to bring your franchise a long-awaited championship (when you're a certified contender every year)?

Or if you leave, not joining a 73 win championship team that humiliated you the season before? A team that has already proven it has what it takes to win without you and already has a player better than you on it?

I true competitor in Durant's position should have at least a small hatred of that Warriors team. They stole all your shine and emerged as the #1 team in the west. They beat you 3 times in the regular season, and then embarrassed you in the playoffs.

Why join them? What does winning that ring really mean? Wouldn't you gain more satisfaction being the guy that took them down?
    Great post.

Especially the bolded, the type of people to defend KD are those who get walked on in everyday life. KD is weak.

Local High School Star Goldrush25's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Joe Bean
    If you think leaving a comfort zone where you are universally loved, in a small market where the pressure and the press are minimal, to become a massive villain, with a huge spotlight, and for less money is "cowardly" I would love to hear what you spend your days doing.
    You mean like Leborn in 2010?

Local High School Star Goldrush25's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    Damn near the entire GSW starting LU made the Olympic team.

Even their scapegoat Harrison Barnes made the team.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Let's see...

KD was a choke away from beating the Warriors in 5 games. In no way was he playing with scrubs