Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Can Jimmy Butler take yet another big leap?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    Or he could play with a real PG who knows how to get him and his teammates easy points and not a shittier version of Allen Iverson

Damn.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Thoughts?

Hardest worker off the court. Made a significant leap by blocking out television, eating clean and training every day over the offseason.

If he does the same again and works on key areas of his game, does anyone think he can further morph into a superstar?

Or what he was last year close to a finished product...
    His offensive development isn't likely to happen much this year. The team could have a more offensive repertoire if A. Brooks, McDermott, Mirotic and Snell develop along with Taj with one possibly finishing games off with the starting unit. With a coach that will invest time offensively molding these guys around Rose.

A player can always improve their shooting and leadership. Butler wasn't ready to take over the team when Rose got winded every other game and Gasol wasn't playing, so he can improve there. Handles could be better. Thibes didn't do post ups outside Gas, so with Butlers strength he could go to the post. New coach is going to mean a lot of Mirotic and Butler. Who would bring up their third and fourth players considerably. So I don't see him making a bit leap this year but it is possible as Thibes was limited offensively.

5-time NBA All-Star

Or he could play with a real PG who knows how to get him and his teammates easy points and not a shittier version of Allen Iverson
    Learn the game some. Or get your self together. You are comparing two MVP on each other while trying to be negative.

rank sentamentalist

Thibes didn't do post ups outside Gas, so with Butlers strength he could go to the post. New coach is going to mean a lot of Mirotic and Butler. Who would bring up their third and fourth players considerably. So I don't see him making a bit leap this year but it is possible as Thibes was limited offensively.
    he is already very good in the post, he showed it this year. nice baby hook too. but most of the time he was creating himself late in the clock, because thibbs didn't run plays for him very often. certainly never put him on the block with the ball.

the coaching change is going to rejuvinate chicago. thibbs will leave behind all the fundamentals and work ethic he taught with a core who will pass it onto the youngsters under new leadership. gonna be a great year for the bulls.

unless....

Quote Originally Posted by masonanddixon
    No he was good for the first half of the year when nobody cared about him, then he came back to earth once teams focused on him, and did nothing in the postseason.

Thats what people like you who don't understand basketball are unable to grasp. There's always SOMEONE who has to score on a team. The distinction is being able to fill it up on a high percentage while making others around you better when other teams are focusing on you. Butler isn't capable of that. He's a third option. Nothing wrong with that. But calling him a 'superstar' is laughable. There's only about 3-7 legitimate superstars in the NBA.

are you ****ing retarderd? he was good the entire year. his ppg only dropped by 1 point.

he was the bulls best player in the playoffs and if he didn't defer to Derrick Rose the bulls would have beat the Bucks in 4 games. game 4 Butler was destroying them in a close game, lead the comeback if I remember and he let Rose jack mid range shots the last couple possessions which lead to the Bucks winning.

the cleveland series Jimmy Butler did a great job defending LeBron literally every minute he was on the court and spent way too much energy on that side of the ball.

in conclusion, you are a ****ing retard.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Saltier than the Dead Sea that Butler took the title of "alpha dog" from Rose

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    he is already very good in the post, he showed it this year. nice baby hook too. but most of the time he was creating himself late in the clock, because thibbs didn't run plays for him very often. certainly never put him on the block with the ball.

the coaching change is going to rejuvinate chicago. thibbs will leave behind all the fundamentals and work ethic he taught with a core who will pass it onto the youngsters under new leadership. gonna be a great year for the bulls.

unless....

I think bulls running a proper offense will make guys like mirotic and butler thrive.

I'm really excited about this year. I'm not exactly sure where the team is at, but I suspect the newfound creativity on offense along with better player management can only mean good things.

I've criticised thibs, particularly in the last two years. Finally we will see why I thought he was handicapping this teams potential.

Gone are the days of bulls sleep inducing offense.

Banned

Jimmy Butler probably led the league in lob dunks within the halfcourt for a non PF/C last season. He's really dangerous off the ball, he becomes a knockdown shooter then you're looking at a lethal weapon for passing big men like Pau Gasol, Joakim Noah, and a slashing PG like Derrick Rose.

Define another big leap?
    I don't think it will show in the basic numbers. Will see a drop in playing time that's for sure.
    I think just a continual refining of his shooting and defence will lead to more Bulls wins.

Usually, hardworking players (Kobe, T-Mac...) keeps on improving after their breakout year. So, there are good chances he will keep on improving.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    Learn the game some. Or get your self together. You are comparing two MVP on each other while trying to be negative.
    I admit I used hyperbole in my post but only to troll Nathanjizzle who is a known Rose stan. I like DRose as a Bulls fan, just not a Rose stan. My comparison of Rose to AI was based on the fact that I wish DRose played more of a playmaker role, especially now that he has legit offensive weapons, instead of being a volume scorer. I think the Bulls would be more successful.

I admit I used hyperbole in my post but only to troll Nathanjizzle who is a known Rose stan. I like DRose as a Bulls fan, just not a Rose stan. My comparison of Rose to AI was based on the fact that I wish DRose played more of a playmaker role, especially now that he has legit offensive weapons, instead of being a volume scorer. I think the Bulls would be more successful.
    location - san antonio.