Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Hornets talks getting very serious with Warriors, Clippers and Celtics

@WojYahooNBAAdrian Wojnarowski

New Orleans strongly engaged with Clippers, Warriors and Celtics in trade talks for Chris Paul on Tuesday, league sources tell Y!

Also something interesting...

@WojYahooNBAAdrian Wojnarowski twitter account:

Paul has indicated Clippers and Warriors could raise chances of keeping him long-term if they sign center Tyson Chandler too, sources say.

I'm thinking this mainly applies to Warriors. Clippers have DJ who will be much cheaper and better eventually than Chandler. I'm confused as to the Celtics being so much in the mix when supposedly they swore up and down they aren't trading Rondo. I guess that was a PR move by them.

Woj said he's writing a CP3 article as we speak about the rumors/happenings today.

Check out these potential starting 5's.

Warriors:

CP3
    Ellis
    Dorrell Wright
    David Lee
    Tyson Chandler

Clippers:

CP3
    Eric Gordon
    Caron Butler
    Blake Griffin
    DeAndre Jordan

;O!
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 12-06-2011 at 07:27 PM.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: Hornets talks getting very serious with Warriors, Clippers and Celtics

Ainge could be lying but it would be an extremely brazen lie. He has gone on record as saying there is no Paul/Rondo deal coming. But that doesn't mean he won't involve the Cs in the CP trade. He could just have the Cs involved as a third team that gets some peripheral player/asset in return for one of the Hornets' trade requirements.

Default Re: Hornets talks getting very serious with Warriors, Clippers and Celtics

I love it.

I usually hit open layups mountainmamba's Avatar

OP should have linked the Yahoo article.

The most interesting part of it says that the Hornets want to make a decision before training camp starts this friday, as in 3 days from now.

Local High School Star devin112's Avatar

During shoot around before a game vs the Clippers,after watching DeAndre finish lob passes with monster dunks, CP3 was heard praising DeAndre and wishing the Hornets had someone like him.

Clippersfan86 ... based on your threads and posts last 7 days

you must be so pumped for the new seaon

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

oh crap

Quote Originally Posted by mountainmamba
    OP should have linked the Yahoo article.

The most interesting part of it says that the Hornets want to make a decision before training camp starts this friday, as in 3 days from now.
    I didn't see the article yet. It's already up?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...ers_nba_120611

Article up. WOW. Hornets to trade CP3 before training camp supposedly!

Than the Clips later stated they don't plan on matching Chandler Proposal of over $12, which apparently he wants.
    Lemme find the link.
    Damn, sbnation.com is down
    Last edited by D12"Magic"; 12-06-2011 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by D12"Magic"
    Than the Clips later stated they don't plan on matching Chandler Proposal of over $12, which apparently he wants.
    Lemme find the link.
    Honestly if CP3 is going diva mode and trying to force our FO to get Chandler and let DJ go.. he can kiss my as*. At least Olshey should say that! I mean.... DJ>Chandler going forward for much cheaper. Not to mention signing Chandler would cripple our flexibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...ers_nba_120611

Article up. WOW. Hornets to trade CP3 before training camp supposedly!
    I love it.

We're finally getting closer to a resolution on this.

Does he want to sign that extension with LA and forfeit the chance to play with Stat & Melo? Yes or No?

Everybody else can move on once he makes his decision.

Learning to shoot layups AirRaptor's Avatar

Check out these potential starting 5's.

Warriors:

CP3
    Ellis
    Dorrell Wright
    David Lee
    Tyson Chandler

Clippers:

CP3
    Eric Gordon
    Caron Butler
    Blake Griffin
    DeAndre Jordan

;O!
    The Clippers' starting 5 looks too nice!

One question though: how would the Clippers manage to keep Eric Gordon (and, to a lesser extent, DeAndre Jordan) while getting Chris Paul? Because I am certain that NO would want Gordon as part of any package for CP3...

Edit: Apparently not, according to the Yahoo! article. Which means CP3 w/ Gordon and Blake is likely (if he goes to LA, that is)
    Last edited by AirRaptor; 12-06-2011 at 07:48 PM.

Honestly if CP3 is going diva mode and trying to force our FO to get Chandler and let DJ go.. he can kiss my as*. At least Olshey should say that! I mean.... DJ>Chandler going forward for much cheaper. Not to mention signing Chandler would cripple our flexibility.
    CP3 added to the Clips would be Scary though.