Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789
    NBA All-star

Default Re: Woj: Melo aligned with Knicks plan after meeting in LA

Quote Originally Posted by -Lebron23-
    I honestly don't think the move had anything to do with Melo. Chandler reportedly wanted out and many in NY wanted him gone too. He had a bad season and his attitude towards the end of the season wasn't good at all. It was best for both sides to part ways.
    Mike Woodson probably blocked Chandler's idea of passing the basketball on the offensive end.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock
    He has 2-3 elite years left at his age. Can the Knicks improve to a point to not only compete with, but defeat, Miami, Chicago and Indiana during that span? If he keeps the Knicks mid-pack no one will remember him. To be the elusive savior, the Knicks' Mark Messier, he needs to actually win a championship. With Carmelo re-signing and some small improvements the Knicks will probably be the 4th or 5th best team in the conference. Let's face it, Carmelo is going for the money and the comfort of knowing there really are no expectations in New York. If he keeps the Knicks mid-pack, maybe wins a couple series, he will still be remembered fondly in New York for sticking with them and keeping them semi-competitive but no one in New York expects a championship from him. If he goes to Chicago, Houston or Dallas it would be championship or bust. Carmelo is taking the money--and easy way out.
    You seem to feel that Bulls, Heat and Pacers will still be this relevant in 2-3 years. I'm not on board with this. This league changes fast - look at all the Heat rumblings right now. You were that impressed with Bull's and Pacer's playoffs just past? BTW, Melo has more than 2-3 years left in him - alongside another star player or 2.

All of this is rhetoric. We'll see what happens... in the meantime, I'll be thrilled if he returns and everything goes according to plan in NYC. I stopped worrying when Phil was given the keys to MSG.

I hit on 5-footers

Quote Originally Posted by GimmeThat
    Mike Woodson probably blocked Chandler's idea of passing the basketball on the offensive end.
    Yeah, let's blame everything on Woodson

It was Woodson's fault to let Kidd handle the offense 2 years ago. When Kidd left, that's when it fell apart. I like Woody, but he's not championship caliber. You'ld need LeBron, Wade and Allen for that.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Legend-24

Don't try too hard, Rene.

I hit on 5-footers

Quote Originally Posted by smoovegittar
    It was Woodson's fault to let Kidd handle the offense 2 years ago. When Kidd left, that's when it fell apart. I like Woody, but he's not championship caliber. You'ld need LeBron, Wade and Allen for that.
    Nah, if anything you can blame him for not replacing Kidd's input on offense this past year. Without Kidd that offense would have been bad 2 years ago too and not only last year.

Nah, if anything you can blame him for not replacing Kidd's input on offense this past year. Without Kidd that offense would have been bad 2 years ago too and not only last year.
    That's what I was implying. Woody thought they'd be alright without Kidd; they are pros who know what to do. Oooops. Woody was in over his head from the get - he would not have gotten that job without D'Antoni.

5 years 129 mill and "doesn't like he's all alone on the court." GL with that Melo. Btw, can we just be honest here? Typical knicks contract

Quote Originally Posted by Dbrog
    5 years 129 mill and "doesn't like he's all alone on the court." GL with that Melo. Btw, can we just be honest here? Typical knicks contract
    Stereotypical Hater comment. Can you be real and join a conversation that includes you? "Can't we be honest?" - you read like Katie Couric.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by GimmeThat
    Melo gets more money and less drama in the end. If he goes to houston it's flashback comparisons of Lin even though Lin is gone soon. He disliked Chandler a lot, and he's gone, likely orchestrated by Melo.

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

You seem to feel that Bulls, Heat and Pacers will still be this relevant in 2-3 years. I'm not on board with this. This league changes fast - look at all the Heat rumblings right now.
    Yeah, any team can collapse but a contender could also emerge from nowhere during that span as well. Any team with LeBron will remain a contender during that period. The Bulls have a good enough core that they likely will so long as everyone stays healthy. Knowing what we know now, it is unlikely the Knicks will reach the Finals in the next 2-3 years. Their plan may not work and even it it does the players they acquire may not pan out (i.e. the Lakers managed to get Howard, Nash and that failed miserably) and they have a considerable gap to close to the top teams since they are starting with a 37-45 team.

I'll be thrilled if he returns and everything goes according to plan in NYC. I stopped worrying when Phil was given the keys to MSG.
    How many teams have successfully built a contender around a 30 year old superstar? It can be done, but he isn't 25 with a long window to build around. By the time NY has pieces around him, if their plan works, he will have declined.

Quote Originally Posted by smoovegittar
    Stereotypical Hater comment. Can you be real and join a conversation that includes you? "Can't we be honest?" - you read like Katie Couric.
    Is it? Is it really a hater comment? Look what happened to Kobe in LA and how they don't have any money to give to anybody to help him. Plus the Knicks giving absolute max to a player who hasn't proven that he can carry them past the 1st round is scary to me. I get flashbacks of Starbury/Franchise era. Hell...then there's always howard eisley

I would challenge YOU to take your homer glasses off and see the mistakes your franchise is making. I personally want to see the knicks succeed and was getting superhyped for Bron to go there with CP around the time of the "decision." It's hilarious to me that if I'm critical on a franchise I'm suddenly labeled a hater.

NBA All-star

He shouldn't have even started Jr.Smith

he should have slided Shumpert to start the game with Felton/Shumpert/Melo/Stat/Chandler

When either Chandler/Stat goes out of the game, you can move Melo to the 4, or even play Bargnani/Melo/Martin and Smith in the second unit.

I would have even played the Hardaway/Smith/Melo/Martin/Chandler for stretches as well. Or replace Martin with Shumpert if he can guard the opposing 3.

he got shit production from his back court. And sure, Calederon is an upgrade, but lets not act like the Knicks had sh*t talent there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dbrog
    Is it? Is it really a hater comment? Look what happened to Kobe in LA and how they don't have any money to give to anybody to help him. Plus the Knicks giving absolute max to a player who hasn't proven that he can carry them past the 1st round is scary to me. I get flashbacks of Starbury/Franchise era. Hell...then there's always howard eisley

I would challenge YOU to take your homer glasses off and see the mistakes your franchise is making. I personally want to see the knicks succeed and was getting superhyped for Bron to go there with CP around the time of the "decision." It's hilarious to me that if I'm critical on a franchise I'm suddenly labeled a hater.
    Why should I "take off my homer" glasses when I read all this negative bullshit flung at my team? This is a new NY team I'm seeing lately. I'm not allowed to be intrigued by hiring a brilliant mind to run this franchise finally? Sorry for you-

I remember all the bad days - and probably more than you. Teams come and go - I believe my team is on a rise. If they aren't, I'm still going to work Monday. But I like what I see right now thru mu "glasses". I've never seen Bron coming; I never bought it. sorry.

Deal with my Knick homerism, or ignore me. If I have to read posts by Jameers and others like him, I'll type what I please.