Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: DraftExpress has Embiid as No.1 pick for Bucks?

Quote Originally Posted by noob cake
    Kids like you don't actually watch the skillset, just the boxscore and showy plays.

Highlights here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXt5JtlWnps

1. Good drive and finish. Created shot. Delay of game if it was in the NBA.
    2. Open jumper. Was assisted.
    3. Garbage put back. Misses layup. Misses layup. Third chance tip in.
    4. Jumper. Created shot.
    5. Loses balance trying to avoid big. Phantom foul.
    6. Transition open dunk.
    7. Clean block. Phantom foul.
    8. Loses control spinning. Phantom foul.
    9. Loses control driving. Weak call.
    10. Drives makes layup. Phantom call +1.
    11. Very nice spinning + floater. He got this move down.
    12. Put back garbage shot.
    13. Transition. Misses layup. Weak class for FT.
    14. Misses transition floater. Phantom foul
    15. Open 3 point shot. Was assisted.
    16. Self created 3 point shot. Very nice. Was assisted.
    17. Steal and dunk off poor piss inbound. Garbage shot.
    18. Fade away 3 point shot. Very nice. Was assisted.

tl;dr usual shitty finishing (46% at rim), superstar 19 free throws (9 phantom free throws, 4 touch fouls, 6 legit free throws), bundled with unsustainably hot 3 point shooting.
    I watched the game, Wiggins owned the 2nd half and almost singlehandedly brought his team back, if Mason didn't turn it over when they cut it to five they may have won.

Don't come in here with 'facts' and then tie your biased opinion of them to the end of it.

It isn't my fault that reality came in 48 hours later and completely proved your insight to be 180' in the wrong direction.

Facts:

-Wiggins has far and away the highest ceiling in this draft (sorry, the Embiid train is still docked at 'injury concern' station).

-He will be the number one pick.

-You will hate, be a bitter internet troll and he will become a special player.

Cure:

-stop posting hate in this thread. the chance to save face is over, you are dumb or biased and agenda driven and the proof is in your posts.

-quit being so shit at this and step up you post game.
    Last edited by JtotheIzzo; 03-10-2014 at 05:04 AM.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by D-FENS
    Damn, I called this guy Gerald Green. I watched the game and he looked so fluid. He's becoming a lot more confident
    Guys who don't play the game rarely understand what it is like to step up to the next level and then alter your game.

The WVU game was one of the few times this year they leaned on Wiggins (another time was the Florida game when the rest of his team was stuck in the mud). When he was in HS he played a central role, the WVU game was more what he is familiar with.

This year he has been asked to play within the team construct, and for good reasons, Embiid and Selden are both excellent players, but it creates questions on what to do each touch. Saturday we just saw Wiggins ballin, he was in his element and comfortable. the idea that this guy can not carry a team is ludicrous. In this respect I sometimes kind wish he went to FSU and just dropped 30 a game.

But I like what Bill Self is doing, he's been challenging the kid all year and keeping him humble, it will pay dividends, especially in the pros. The improvement has been noticeable.

Assuming Embiid back will be fine and it just needs to focused on with strength training then he is my number 1 pick. However, I've always had Wiggins and Embiid 1 and 2. I don't think Parker is in the same lg and Exum is too unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    Assuming Embiid back will be fine and it just needs to focused on with strength training then he is my number 1 pick. However, I've always had Wiggins and Embiid 1 and 2. I don't think Parker is in the same lg and Exum is too unknown.
    You'd have to be a NBA scout or GM to get an educated opinion on Exum.

I doubt many here have seen him play other than mix tapes and highlights.

Sure we can all read articles, but it's hard to understand what a someone is good/bad at without seeing him with your own eyes.

Also this guys competition isn't NCAA caliber.

I do believe Parker is the in the same league as Wiggins and Embiid......offensively he's great, he has NBA size and what appears to be high basketball IQ.

I think I would take Wiggins #1 now that a stress fracture has been confirmed for Embiid's back. I really love Embiid's game but that injury would really concern me. I read that Drummond dealt with something similar (and is doing fine) but the fact that the NCAA game put that much strain on his body is concerning. I think whatever team drafts him will have to watch his minutes carefully his rookie year.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    I think I would take Wiggins #1 now that a stress fracture has been confirmed for Embiid's back. I really love Embiid's game but that injury would really concern me. I read that Drummond dealt with something similar (and is doing fine) but the fact that the NCAA game put that much strain on his body is concerning. I think whatever team drafts him will have to watch his minutes carefully his rookie year.
    big men and back injuries is never good.

Hope Joel can recover and be a great pro.

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    big men and back injuries is never good.

Hope Joel can recover and be a great pro.
    Yeah, it would be a shame to see another potentially great big get ruined by injury again.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    btw when is the dialogue going to come out about how Coach K and Self are underachieving with two incredibly stacked rosters?
    ahem

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    ahem
    Self has gotten criticism about that throughout his time at Kansas. Duke isn't really stacked this year tho. They are a poorly composed team with zero inside presence. Coach K normally does a good job of capitalizing when he has a team capable of making a deep run.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Self has gotten criticism about that throughout his time at Kansas. Duke isn't really stacked this year tho. They are a poorly composed team with zero inside presence. Coach K normally does a good job of capitalizing when he has a team capable of making a deep run.
    LAST TEN YEARS (a lifetime in college basketball)

Nice resume if you are Syracuse or some other psuedo elite program. Not at Duke with the "GOAT of the modern era"

Worst Win Pct as Top-3 Seed Last 10 Seasons

Win Pct W-L
    Duke .692 18-8
    UConn .727 8-3
    Ohio St .739 17-6
    Memphis .765 13-4

*Minimum 10 Games

Per ESPN Stats & Info
    In the last ten seasons, Duke has made the Final Four ONCE. In those ten seasons, they have been seeded 1st, 1st, 6th, 2nd, 2nd, 1st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, and 3rd.

Average seed: 2.1
    Won-loss record in tournament: 18-9 (67%)

Going by seed (1st=final 4, 2nd = elite 8, etc):
    Exceeded: 1 time
    Met: 1 time
    Fell short by 1 round: 2 times
    Fell short by 2 or more rounds: 6 times

Slice it how you want, he's underachieved for the better of the last decade.

This roster had a hole in the post. It also had probably two lottery picks and arguably the best player in college basketball. They loss to Mercer in the first round. In terms of overall talent?

Parker = 3rd overall, 5 star
    Ojeleye = 32nd overall, 5 star
    Jones = 34th overall, 5 star

Sulaimon = 12th overall, 5 star
    Jefferson = 21st overall, 5 star

Cook = 31st overall , 4 star
    Hood = 27th overall, 5 star
    Murphy = 49th overall, 4 star (reclassified late and was a 5 star in his other class, like top 20 I believe)
    Plumlee = 61st overall, 4 star

Hairston, 32d overall, 4 star
    Thornton, not listed, 3 star

Dawkins, not listed (probably because he reclassified really late), 4 star

Let's not act like that was Parker, Hood, and a bunch of scrubs.