Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Everyone has lost their mind on Lebron...

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    There's a difference between saying LeBron is better all-time and saying he's playing on the level of MJ right now. For example, I rank Kobe higher all-time, but right now LeBron is better than Kobe has ever been.
    there have been multiple guys who have played on that level for parts of a season. What matters is how you sustain it and whether you can raise that level when needed in the playoffs.

Greatness is not found in regular season games...especially when you aren't even leading you team to a dominant record with 2 other HOFers.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    there have been multiple guys who have played on that level for parts of a season. What matters is how you sustain it and whether you can raise that level when needed in the playoffs.
    he did it last year and let's not act like lebron hasn't been the best for years.

Quote Originally Posted by BrickingStar
    he did it last year and let's not act like lebron hasn't been the best for years.
    1 outta how many years? what about the year before?

The only thing that should be definitively argued is whether or not these 50 regular season games are on MJs level. Let's not rewrite his entire career to act like he's always been playing this well, he's had too many playoff blunders to just casually put him on MJs level as player overall after a great title run and 50 regular season games.

OP keep in mind a lot of people on this board are very early 20s and teens. There is no "perspective" yet for them.

Banned

unless you blame lebron for his flaws before 2011 how has he not raised his level before he joined the heat? Guess we should blame kobe for his failures for 2004(lol)-2009, 2011,2012, and now 2013

Quote Originally Posted by BrickingStar
    unless you blame lebron for his flaws before 2011 how has he not raised his level before he joined the heat? Guess we should blame kobe for his failures for 2004(lol)-2009, 2011,2012, and now 2013
    yea, you blame Kobe for all his failures...same thing you do with Lebron. You don't just get by on the good things. ih, and Lebron failed in 2011, not just before. That finals was pathetic and we should stop Jordan comparisons for now just because of that.

College superstar

Honestly, coming from a die-hard Laker/Kobe fan, Lebron is playing at a level only previously done by MJ.

It's not just the streak, which is very impressive, it's the entire season of consistency. I swear, I can't remember the last time Lebron had what would be considered a "bad game".

MJ still trumps Lebron in my book until he has the kind of playoff success/performances that MJ had. He has absolutely no excuse not to win titles with a roster like he has right now.

****ing amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by scm5
    Honestly, coming from a die-hard Laker/Kobe fan, Lebron is playing at a level only previously done by MJ.

It's not just the streak, which is very impressive, it's the entire season of consistency. I swear, I can't remember the last time Lebron had what would be considered a "bad game".

MJ still trumps Lebron in my book until he has the kind of playoff success/performances that MJ had. He has absolutely no excuse not to win titles with a roster like he has right now.

****ing amazing.
    guess you never watched Shaq...

Local High School Star

What matters is how you sustain it and whether you can raise that level when needed in the playoffs.

He was pretty dominant in the 2011 playoffs aswell, except Finals. Do you remember how dominant and clutch he was against Boston and Chicago? Hitting those 3's in Boston's bench face late in games, hitting clutch shots against Chicago, shutting down Rose...

He laid an egg in the Finals indeed, but would Miami even be there if not for his dominant play in previous rounds? So you can't just say that he sucked or that he didn't sustain or raise his level of play in 2011 playoffs as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by LBJ 23
    He was pretty dominant in the 2011 playoffs aswell, except Finals. Do you remember how dominant and clutch he was against Boston and Chicago? Hitting those 3's in Boston's bench face late in games, hitting clutch shots against Chicago, shutting down Rose...

He laid an egg in the Finals indeed, but would Miami even be there if not for his dominant play in previous rounds? So you can't just say that he sucked or that he didn't sustain or raise his level of play in 2011 playoffs as a whole.
    when comparing it to MJ, he sucked in 2011 playoffs...

College superstar

guess you never watched Shaq...
    Right, my bad... I guess I was thinking only of perimeter players.

Shaq didn't get the name MDE for nothing. In his prime, he was just as consistent and dominant as Lebron has been.

Local High School Star

when comparing it to MJ, he sucked in 2011 playoffs...

Who is comparing him to MJ though? Kurosawo said he is playing right now on the level of Jordan, not for 2011 playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by LBJ 23
    Who is comparing him to MJ though? Kurosawo said he is playing right now on the level of Jordan, not for 2011 playoffs.
    there have been lots of players who have had stretches of domination in the regular season. guess it really doesn't mean much to me.

Greatness is not found in regular season games...especially when you aren't even leading you team to a dominant record with 2 other HOFers.
    What's Kobe's team record this year playing with multiple hall of famers ??