Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    kidachi
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: LeBron James left a $10 tip on a $800 dollar bill? WTF!!!!!

not that big of a deal.

it's a fcuking tip. a FCUKING TIP. any tip is a bonus. why complain about bonus?

Not airballing my layups anymore zebraheat's Avatar

In Australia, waiters get paid the minimum wage, however that is stil around 10-25 dollars an hour, which is fine for a part-time job.
    Usually the service is fine, no need to wait, I am always happy and find the waiters and waitress' sincere.

I travelled to the states in the summer. I gotta say, I felt that the waiter staff were insincere, I had to wait longer for the food, wait longer just to get ordered, never came over when I needed to replace the cutlery, and when they finally did, all they were trying to do, was for show for an extra tip.

I just paid the 10-15% and got out of there.

Fresh Kid Turned Rotten Lamar Doom's Avatar

that's pretty cheap lebron, i hope he hears that it made news and either didn't know better and will tip right from now on or is so embarassed that he'll tip right from now on.

Bucks fan

Quote Originally Posted by Bodin
    The thing that bugs me about tipping is all the retail places you're doing customer service and you get absolutely nothing... paid minimum wage and no tips.. how do you expect these people to survive?
    Not all retail places pay just minimum wage - only the jobs that anyone can do with zero prior knowledge.

People who work retail at high end stores get paid a lot more than that. I know a guy who works at one of the expensive department stores, and pulls down 40k or so ($20/hour). He isn't a manager either. Sell high end cars, and you'll get even more.

So yeah, people who work at WalMart get crap pay just like people who wait tables at Denny's. That's why those jobs are more appropriate for high school students working part time. Hopefully by the time they get older and have more responsibilities they can move up to Neimen Marcus or the steak house Lebron went to, where 99% of the other customers pay for the service that they ask for.

Very good NBA starter

maybe it was a weak ass waiter who was slow and messed up on orders or was rude or made dumb comments about the cavs.

don't know the whole story, but 15%-25% tip is not mandatory. tips are for good service. if you didn't get good service, you don't have to reward them. and if you don't like the waiter, you don't have to give him sh!t.

Serious playground baller

Soon enough, Ben Gordon will be waiting tables for a living.

College star

All this talk about not tipping waiters and how their overpaid, and no one has mentioned the fact that athletes are the most overpaid people in the world. Along with the owners of these teams. Talk about ridiculous greediness. These teams expect the cities to build their stadiums. Then they charge up the a ss to see a game and for concessions and merch. Biggest bunch of BS in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Norcaliblunt
    All this talk about not tipping waiters and how their overpaid, and no one has mentioned the fact that athletes are the most overpaid people in the world. Along with the owners of these teams. Talk about ridiculous greediness. These teams expect the cities to build their stadiums. Then they charge up the a ss to see a game and for concessions and merch. Biggest bunch of BS in the world.

More whine with your cheese?

kkling
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
    that's pretty cheap lebron, i hope he hears that it made news and either didn't know better and will tip right from now on or is so embarassed that he'll tip right from now on.
    read the ****ing update. I wish the op would update his post so this thread will die...

Banned

King James can do whatever he wants with his money

And that's the reason he is now a Billionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23 View Post
    Let's say he's a billionaire. That would mean he had to save 53M in some form every year his career.

If he tipped 100$ instead of 10$ every day in the past 19 years that would lower his savings by 624 thousand dollars. Yeah, that's the reason he's a billionaire. Not his huge disposable income.

Banned

There are PLENTY of things to be critical of Bronie for, such as trying to trademark Taco Tuesday and being a LeShriveling choker, but this isn't one of them.

Maybe he got bad service. Some waiters/waitresses suck and don't deserve big tips. This is a terrible thread bump and not even worth discussing.

Very good NBA starter

Blacks are the only ones with balls to stand up to the server mafia and their demands for unjust tips.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23 View Post
    Shut up you stupid flip.