Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Raptors @ Clippers

Surprised there is no thread for this yet, considering defending champs against the team their (rental) best player chose over them.

I wonder how much of a contender Toronto really is in the East. Can they take the Bucks, Celtics or 76ers in a best of 7?

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: Raptors @ Clippers

Leonard's defection combined with the massive injuries GState suffered in the Finals make it hard to view the Raptors as the defending Champs. And this season feels like the most wide-open the league has ever been after the years of supertaems in Miami and San Fran.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    Surprised there is no thread for this yet, considering defending champs against the team their (rental) best player chose over them.

I wonder how much of a contender Toronto really is in the East. Can they take the Bucks, Celtics or 76ers in a best of 7?
    Pretty sure I saw one started after the Lakers game last night, but yea OG is already out with a no call so the Raptors again shouldn't have much of a chance theoretically but this team is something else.

It's hard to say, this can be a blessing in disguise with Lowry and Ibaka out because guys like Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, Matt Thomas, Chris Boucher can really come in and get a feel for some real minutes and being part of the system in meaningful games which might help them massively. They're defense is always top notch regardless

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Leonard's defection combined with the massive injuries GState suffered in the Finals make it hard to view the Raptors as the defending Champs. And this season feels like the most wide-open the league has ever been after the years of supertaems in Miami and San Fran.
    That being said (true they don't feel like your typical defending champs), Raptors take 3 point lead.

Quote Originally Posted by yeaaaman
    Pretty sure I saw one started after the Lakers game last night, but yea OG is already out with a no call so the Raptors again shouldn't have much of a chance theoretically but this team is something else.

It's hard to say, this can be a blessing in disguise with Lowry and Ibaka out because guys like Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, Matt Thomas, Chris Boucher can really come in and get a feel for some real minutes and being part of the system in meaningful games which might help them massively. They're defense is always top notch regardless
    Yeah, I might have to start rooting for them.

National High School Star

These guys are effing good

18-4 run for Raptors with Kawhi in lineup, lol.

Chris "waterboy" Boucher looking good!

That being said (true they don't feel like your typical defending champs), Raptors take 3 point lead.
    In case anyone took my post the wrong way, I do still view TO as a good team.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    In case anyone took my post the wrong way, I do still view TO as a good team.
    But good like 2nd round out (Pacers last year) or good like contend with Celtics, Bucks, 76ers?

But good like 2nd round out (Pacers last year) or good like contend with Celtics, Bucks, 76ers?
    I'm not calling Celtics contenders yet but I don't feel that the Bucks or Sixers are so great either. East is open. TO could win the east if Siakam's start represents the player he will be for the rest of the season. But Leonard is too huge a loss to call them the favorite either. If Philly trades Simmons or Embiid for a great guard I'll call them the favorite. Otherwise I'll say TO is in the mix.

Kawhi 0-5

This dude is nothing without the Raps

This game is just a tepid appetizer to the MAIN EVENT on Wednesday.

Clippers at Rockets. Russ vs. PG. Harden vs. Kawhi.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7
    This game is just a tepid appetizer to the MAIN EVENT on Wednesday.

Clippers at Rockets. Russ vs. PG. Harden vs. Kawhi.

No one cares about that chuckfest

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    No one cares about that chuckfest
    This thread is on the 1st page in the 4th quarter. Clearly no one gives a shit about this.