Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Uh oh.... Andrew Bynum is in peak shape

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    someone skipped leg day
    Why do all the small dipshits that have never been in a gym say this now?
    With his chronic knee injuries I'm not surprised "he doesn't squat"

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dengness9
    I love what the Cavs are attempting to build right now but lettuce be real homies.....

Bynum isn't staying healthy and/or playing even 60 games this year, and regardless of games he does play, Cleveland isn't winning 50.

Heat, Bulls, Pacers, Knicks, Nets.....Hawks will be a playoff team too i think, we'll see what the Cavs and Wiz and others teams like that do.

Cavalier fans should be more concerned w/ Kyrie having a healthy season, he hasn't had one yet dating back to at least HS. And I say that w/ all the love in the world for Kyrie, he's a fantastic player.
    I think Cavs fans are concerned with Kyrie's injury history. I know I am. On the bright side, as I've posted in another thread, word out of training camp is that he's in the best shape of his life right now, though, and many of his bumps and bruises in year's past may have been due to poor conditioning.

So, if it is something that is fixable simply by being in better shape, that would be a good thing. We won't know until the season starts.

If he struggles with injuries again this season, he will have earned his title of "injury prone." His first two years, there was a built-in excuse because the Cavs weren't really trying to win a ton of games anyway and it actually benefited the longterm plan for Kyrie to sit out every now and then while the team tanked.

Now, the Cavs clearly are looking to make the playoffs. With that being the case and a much better cast around him, if he continues struggling with injuries, it will be a horrible sign.

I'll reserve judgement until after this season.

As for Bynum, he has the benefit of no expectations. Most people in Cleveland are braced for him not to contribute much at all. So, if he does come back and if he is similar to the guy we saw two years ago, it's just gravy.

As it is, the additions of Jack, Clark, Bennett, Karasev and Felix along with Kyrie, Dion, Tristan and Zeller all being a year older/more experienced should improve the team dramatically anyway. Plus, getting Varejao back after he was averaging 14/14+ in 25 games last season.

I feel like this is a borderline playoff team with or without Bynum. If Bynum gets healthy, I think it is a team that could push for a top six seed in the East. For the first time since 2010, there are actual expectations on the Cavs. We'll see how they deal with it. I'll tell you this... I feel much more confident with Mike Brown back at the helm.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 10-01-2013 at 12:36 AM.

Dunking on everybody in the park Suckafree's Avatar

If your knee is screwed you obviously cant train your legs.

So it's looked like all he's been able to do is upper body stuff, so sure, he may look great but that don't mean shit. Joey Dorsey and Corey Magette look like beasts too, don't mean that they're gunna ball out.

In saying that, I have no knowledge whatsoever for Andrew Bynums recovery timetable. He may be well on track for all I know

He's got legs and knees like a women, no wonder they can't support his frame.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Suckafree
    If your knee is screwed you obviously cant train your legs.

So it's looked like all he's been able to do is upper body stuff, so sure, he may look great but that don't mean shit. Joey Dorsey and Corey Magette look like beasts too, don't mean that they're gunna ball out.

In saying that, I have no knowledge whatsoever for Andrew Bynums recovery timetable. He may be well on track for all I know

he's been dunking, jumping, doing explosiveness drills, etc. but i guess that stuff just started 2 weeks ago.

It was kinda strange watching the media day interviews. Bynum, Chris Grant, Mike Brown, all sound very matter-of-fact when talking about Bynum's return. Grant went as far as to say that the cavs are interested in Bynum for the long term.

Just hope Kyrie stays healthly...

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Just hope Kyrie stays healthly...

kyrie would have played in a lot more games if Cavs weren't tanking last season.

Dis muddafcukka need moe vitamin D doe.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    What's peak shape for Bynum? Able to walk?

Looking back at his old pictures, he's definitely more lean. He clearly has a lot of potential, but those knees are cringe-worthy. Hopefully they won't bother him much

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by To4
    is it just me... i think bynums legs are too thin for what his upper body is carrying..
    Also, the knees look like they bend inwards a little bit. Not a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    phil jackson said that this i the root cause of his problems, he runs funny to overcompensate for his knees, and that causes him problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth

been like that since he was a kid. I think he had some surgery when he was 11 or 12 because of his bow-leggedness.

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    been like that since he was a kid. I think he had some surgery when he was 11 or 12 because of his bow-leggedness.
    So it's an overcompensated surgical issue. Damn.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

The good thing about the knees is surgical procedures, preventive measures and rehabilitation routines are getting better and better as the years pass. I've heard one of the reasons the Cavs were a front-runner for Greg Oden is because of the medical professionals and facilities in Cleveland. The Cleveland Clinic is one of the best hospitals in the world.

Sometimes, all it takes for a guy to come back from what looked like career-ending injuries is for him to be paired in the right hospital with the right doctor doing the right procedures at the right time.

None of us know for sure what Bynum's medical situation is currently like, but the Cavs do sound very optimistic, to the point where I'd guess they've gotten some good reports recently. And, he does look like he's getting in good shape.

I'm not getting my hopes up, but I'd say there are some really positive signs at this stage. I'm still on guard for bad news.