Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Dirk or T-Mac

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

People say stupid things when they're down. There's no way I can back up TMac's statements while he was hurt and while his team was down and out.
    Same thing happened with rafer alston on the toronto raptors. They had a big game and a scuffle with the coaches and after the game rafer said something along the lines of "retiring" and "its not fun anymore." The next game he had 20 pts 10 assists.

So ya People do say stupid things when their team is sucking.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

I'd hardly call silent mav a mavs homer.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    I'd hardly call silent mav a mavs homer.
    Maybe i'm overusing the term "homer" but when you have the name "Mav" in your user name and the Maverick's logo as your avatar, you just might be too biased to fairly or productively participate in a T-Mac vs. Dirk discussion.

I agree about TMac being right there as the most naturally talented player in the NBA (I think it is TMac and LeBron, just pure talent). But talent only means so much, doesn't mean you are better than anyone.

Derrick Coleman might have been the most talented PF in the history of organized basketball but where did that get him? Now TMac has done alot more than DC, well atleast for a longer time (cause DC was the man for a short period), so this argument isnt really the same as it is with DC.

Now, if TMac can get it together and do what he is capable of for a period of time, then he becomes better than other players. But talent doesn't always mean you are better, there are alot of other things involved in making you the best.

Local High School Star Silent Mav's Avatar

bankshot, I was making fun of the smart poster remark. If you look at the thread I've said nothing bad about Tmac. Really haven't mentioned him. About the only thing I've said was Duncan was better than Dirk.

Banned

funniest thing about this thread is Tracy"I can't seem to ever get out of the first round"McGrady fans calling Dirk a choker. TMac is a great player, but an unbelievable choker in the playoffs. Detroit series and the series against the Mavs itself. Atleast Dirk took his team to the finals. TMac might be a better one on one player than Dirk, but Dirk knows how to carry his team to a win. So if we're playing back in the Rucker Park I'll take TMac, but if I'm starting a team in the NBA I'll take Dirk.

Local High School Star Silent Mav's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BankShot
    Mavs and Rockets fans should be exempt from replying to this topic, all it does is create mass bias and arguments.

If you have a predisposed affinity towards either team or player, you needn't reply because of your skewed opinion on the question.
    A Rocket fan started the thread. Kind of throws out the bias from the start, doesn't it? You were picking out one comment made in jest and blowing it way out of proportion. According to you, a Mavs or Rocket fan shouldn't participate in any thread regarding their teams.

How can any T-Mac fan bash someone else for choking.

This guy is the KING of choking.

3-1 lead in the first round, and get's shut down by a rookie Tayshaun Prince after talking mad trash in the press about getting to the second round.

Saw a basketball once

[QUOTE=Trade]Healthy or not I would take T-Mac over Dirk anyday!!

T-Mac>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dirk

Really???
    not Healthy T-Mac over Dirk anyday???

What can Dirk do that T-Mac can't?(Don't say "Get out of the first round") Nothing. What can T-Mac do that Dirk can't? A lot.

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    What can Dirk do that T-Mac can't?(Don't say "Get out of the first round") Nothing. What can T-Mac do that Dirk can't? A lot.
    he shoots better, he rebounds better, he defends in the post better, he gets to the line better, etc....

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Trade's Avatar

I understand if people say Dirk is better than T-Mac when hes hurt
    But if T-Mac is healthy hes right next to Kobe and yes i said it i think hes even better than Lebron when healthy Dirk isnt even close to that level

Dirk > Hurt T-Mac

Healthy T-Mac >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dirk

Saw a basketball once Rocketeer's Avatar

I would even take a hurt T-Mac over Dirk "The Jerk" Nowitzki

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketeer
    I would even take a hurt T-Mac over Dirk "The Jerk" Nowitzki
    Well, at least you could enjoy the playoffs from the comfort of your home then, cos you wouldn't be watching them in Houston.

Saw a basketball once Rocketeer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Well, at least you could enjoy the playoffs from the comfort of your home then, cos you wouldn't be watching them in Houston.
    :stupid:

If you dont think the Rockets will make the playoffs next year than you are just plain stupid