Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Steve Nash: "Not sure You Can Categorize Rose and Westbrook As PG's"

I'm surprised this thread wasn't made considering it's such a common ISH argument. This quote is from Nash's interview on Max and Marcellus when asked who the best PG in LA is now.

Default Re: Steve Nash: "Not sure You Can Categorize Rose and Westbrook As PG's"

not sure bout rose i think he's a pg but wb is a combo guard

Default Re: Steve Nash: "Not sure You Can Categorize Rose and Westbrook As PG's"

So should we start categorizing them as Super Guards? Cause that's what Nash thinks we should do.

Quote Originally Posted by blablabla
    not sure bout rose i think he's a pg but wb is a combo guard
    I agree Rose actually has a case as a PG, Westbrook doesn't. Rose's passing game looked much improved this year and he seemed to be thinking more like a PG. His team finally had to tell him to start shooting more again .

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    So should we start categorizing them as Super Guards? Cause that's what Nash thinks we should do.
    Sure. To me super guard in this context seems like a combo guard reference though.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Sure. To me super guard in this context seems like a combo guard reference though.
    lol keep cherry picking, cause to me it seems like he is saying those two play on another level to be categorized as mere PGs.

lol keep cherry picking, cause to me it seems like he is saying those two play on another level to be categorized as mere PGs.
    Which would be what? If he singles out Rose and Westbrook to call CP3+Deron the best "Point Guards" what are you guessing he's implying? He's calling Rose+Westbrook combo guards in a very complimentary way because for whatever reason combo guard has a bad meaning to some (exactly why you don't like me calling Westbrook a combo guard). I don't think combo guard is an insult. Admitting WB+DR are combo guards doesn't mean they can't be top 5 players or elite at their position...

Which would be what? If he singles out Rose and Westbrook to call CP3+Deron the best "Point Guards" what are you guessing he's implying? He's calling Rose+Westbrook combo guards in a very complimentary way because for whatever reason combo guard has a bad meaning to some (exactly why you don't like me calling Westbrook a combo guard).
    No, Nash definitely sees that Rose and Westbrook are the best two at their post and they do much more than what an ordinary PG would do so they stay a class higher than the rest who play at the PG position.

No, Nash definitely sees that Rose and Westbrook are the best two at their post and because they do much more than what an ordinary PG would do so they stay a class higher than the rest who play at the PG position.
    We can agree to disagree but these comments are interesting coming from Nash nonetheless. Like I said.. ties in to one of the most common ISH arguments.

We can agree to disagree but these comments are interesting coming from Nash nonetheless. Like I said.. ties in to one of the most common ISH arguments.
    Yea it proves that Rose and Westbrook are only comparable to themselves, the rest come far behind.

Decent college freshman

this is insane, damn go get some *****, there is life outside the internet

Local High School Star Vienceslav's Avatar

Well the game evolves constantly and what was once percieved as point guard is now a dying breed of players Nash/Kidd/Stockton , though some guys still hold the flag for these guys high Rondo/CP3 , teams are slowly drafting these athletic guys who are MJ/Kobe in 6

Is Tony Parker a super guard or a point guard?

Yea it proves that Rose and Westbrook are only comparable to themselves, the rest come far behind.
    Chris Paul: 1st team all NBA, 1st team all NBA defense, Team USA starter, starter of all star game. Is this the path you want to go down? Westbrook isn't there yet.

70p game: DBook-1 MJ-0 livingby3's's Avatar

Which would be what? If he singles out Rose and Westbrook to call CP3+Deron the best "Point Guards" what are you guessing he's implying? He's calling Rose+Westbrook combo guards in a very complimentary way because for whatever reason combo guard has a bad meaning to some (exactly why you don't like me calling Westbrook a combo guard). I don't think combo guard is an insult. Admitting WB+DR are combo guards doesn't mean they can't be top 5 players or elite at their position...
    QFT.