Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

if minny doesnt do this, i will be depressed, this is exactly the perfect situation for them, if they want to win AND keep KG. its what KG wants. what does taylor mean, moneywise it wont work? he's a jackass, of course they'll work, but he just doesnt want to win it seems like

it will end up bein NY or Boston. i put my money on the knicks. they have the right kind of combo, expirers plus francis, but marbury and AI would be horrible.

the ONLY place that makes sense IS minnesota.
    KG+AI=good chemistry
    AI+Kobe=both are ball dominant
    AI+Pierce=same as kobe, but not to an extent
    AI+Dirk=i dont see this happenin at all
    AI+Melo=nope
    AI+any other "star" wont work

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wake up minnesota management!!!!!!!!!!

this is ur chance to redeem urselves!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if they dont, hopefully that'll be the last straw for KG and he'll get tired of all the crap and demand a trade himself.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    I swear as GoBB is my witness...if a trade goes down and Steve Francis ends up a Sixer? I will not cheer/root/attend any games until he is gone. I dont care if Sixers win the lottery and Oden comes out. I refuse to be a fan of a team with Steve Francis on it.

Period.
    Gobb, are you seriously rocking an avatar with Iverson wearing a Celtics jersey? Welcome to the darkside...

Default ....

Does anyone know if its legal to sit a player out not because of displinary actions/team conduct nor injury but just for the sake of it? I mean AI is healthy and wants to play. He's not suspended, he's not injured but he isnt being allowed to play. Isnt that a grievance or its ok since he still gets paid?
    IF this were to happen last year, the Sixers wouldn't be able to pay A.I. if he was able to play. The league changed rules during the off-season. If this happened last year, A.I. would have a reason to file a grievance because he would be losing money. Under this years rules he doesn't lose a penny so he has no reason to file a grievance because he demanded a trade.

Not mad at AI....

I went to a game last week (vs. Minnesota) and it was obvious that they dont play hard as a team....

it was really annoying to watch them 'half ass' it thru out a game they should have won..

I could tell by reading Iverson's comments that he was unhappy about almost everything about the team at that point....

cant blame him for requesting a trade... SAS has been saying AI has wanted to do this for awhile

I do however blame him as part of the reason he couldnt win a title here...

I dont think he's been surrounded by nearly enough talent and since larry brown left, team hasnt even had an identity other than Iverson's team...that to me, is Billy King's fault(time for him to lose his job too btw)

But Iverson has never had enough courage to say what needs to be said to his teammates even if it means getting on their bad sides... I obviously dont know what is said in the locker room, but from all the interviews I have seen over the years, he has always avoided callin out teammates like it was the plague.... and Im not talking about namin names..

Im talking about being the guy who takes the role of the leader vocally as well as on the court..... this year's team especially seems like they need a kick in their ass each quarter to keep them from losing focus...the greatest players didnt have any problem with hurtin some feelings if it got the message across that losing was not an acceptable habit for this team.... Even when they were playing well in 2001, Eric Snow and Aaron Mckie were the leaders on the team and Iverson was the star/engine....

I hope we can get into the greg oden sweeptakes and get something good going soon... we dont want a repeat of what happened when Barkley left town(years of drek).......

anyway, good luck to AI, hope he gets his ring before he retires....

Philly will always have love for the guy and he is always welcome down olde city and wherever else he used to hang out at.....

it would bring tears to my eyes
    when AI comes back to play at philly, and they cheer for him everytime he touches the ball.
    that would be brotherly love.

I rule the local playground Inspector Rick's Avatar

Stern should do everything in his power to get AI in a TWolves jersey. It makes too much sense for it not to happen.

It makes the most sense from AI's perspective to go to Indiana. Even after a trade, they are deep, play good defense, have an All-Star big in JO and play in the East. The West is just too deep that even teaming with KG doesn't guarantee a Finals appearance, like it would in the East.

An Icon Forever

How about Isiah Thomas somehow, someway convinces Memphis to trade Eddie Jones for Steve Francis and 2 draft picks?

In my eyes, David Lee, Channing Frye, Eddy Curry (who is just on a spectacular roll), Quentin Richardson, Jamal Crawford and Nate Robinson are untouchable. Q is the damn leader of the Knicks, and they just shouldn't trade him no matter what. You'll never get an equal value from Q because the team that trades for him won't give you a good player. Nate Robinson is out of control, but guess what? Everytime he is in the game, the Knicks go on a run. Every single time. And Jamal has the best chemistry with Curry. No need to disrupt chemistry.

New York can get back to respectability if they can just get rid of Steve Francis and Jerome James. They have the most wins in their division and they have gone through the toughest schedule so far. If they can just move Francis for a shooter (Jones) and move James for anything, they will probably be in the hunt for a divison title.

If they can just go back to the day Scott Layden traded Marcus Camby and stop him, the Knicks team would have been Camby, Stoudemire, Sprewell, Houston and a nobody at PG.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    It makes the most sense from AI's perspective to go to Indiana. Even after a trade, they are deep, play good defense, have an All-Star big in JO and play in the East. The West is just too deep that even teaming with KG doesn't guarantee a Finals appearance, like it would in the East.
    lies man, the east doesn't suk, they been winning the all star game for sometime now.
    Also, the east is al about dunks and flashy moves. The western teams can win games, but they got no crazy moves.

Saw a basketball once

Default Iverson Is Going To Sacramento

They are the only team that has the right pieces to make a trade, plus they are in the WEstern Conference. It's gonna be Bibby plus one or two expiring contracts for Iverson. And you can quote me on that one!

Quote Originally Posted by dantin003
    They are the only team that has the right pieces to make a trade, plus they are in the WEstern Conference. It's gonna be Bibby plus one or two expiring contracts for Iverson. And you can quote me on that one!

I wish...

Great college starter craigthomasb's Avatar

if i was the sixers i want to trade iverson for eddie jones and memphis's #1 pick and kyle lowry, then they get a young PG to replace iverson with huge potential and a low 20's pick probably. memphis would have a pretty solid team with gay, gasol, miller, swift iverson , could be interesting, sixers probably with their top 5 pick should be looking for bradon wirght, they'd just have to wait for webber to expire then make a run for soem big free agents to add to their talented young crop of players

lowry / williams
    carney / memphis pick?
    igudouala / korver
    wright / randolph
    dalembert / 2008 pick

then when webber expiers, or if they can trade him for a better exprier they can go out and get some big pieces for the puzzle in the 2008 offseason

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    IF this were to happen last year, the Sixers wouldn't be able to pay A.I. if he was able to play. The league changed rules during the off-season. If this happened last year, A.I. would have a reason to file a grievance because he would be losing money. Under this years rules he doesn't lose a penny so he has no reason to file a grievance because he demanded a trade.
    What case could Iverson have? As long as they pay him every cent of his contract, Sixers aren't FORCED to play him. It's at their discretion. They pay scrubs money in a contract, and they never play...do they have a grievance?.....

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    What case could Iverson have? As long as they pay him every cent of his contract, Sixers aren't FORCED to play him. It's at their discretion. They pay scrubs money in a contract, and they never play...do they have a grievance?.....
    The scrubs are on the bench. Them not getting time is not the same as being told to stay home for x amount of days. And then being told "No you're not suspended, you're not hurt and need to heal. Just stay home even tho you WANT to play".

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...20~20~20~16~16

1 or 2 first rounders could be going to philly
    Wolves dont have ne 1rst rounders for a while though