Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Learning to shoot layups

Default Re: If Heat are a great team, why do they need to Flop?

Like it or not, flopping is part of the game

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Better question is, If Lakers are a great team, why do they need ref's help to make into the playoffs?

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by Rondo
    Like the majority of Heat fans then?

Why the f*ck would I want to live in Miami, exactly?

I take it u have never partied on ocean drive, south beach Miami. If u have u wouldn't ask that question my man

I'm so over it, but there was a time when Vlade Divac would do it, and I thought it was sound stragegy, but that day has come and gone.

Every team flops.

Just understand this one single fact of NBA basketball and you'll learn to just laugh at it like the rest of us sane people.

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    Every team flops.

Just understand this one single fact of NBA basketball and you'll learn to just laugh at it like the rest of us sane people.
    Some teams flop more.
    But the question is legit, if you're the best player in the NBA, why do you need to flop like a little girl

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    Some teams flop more.
    But the question is legit, if you're the best player in the NBA, why do you need to flop like a little girl
    No, its not a legit question and its irrelevant who flops more or less...all are equally foolish and equally laughable. Splitting hairs between some floppers and others when they all do it is a phenomenon brewed up in the deranged minds of internet fanboys and haters and nothing else.

Complete Player

Quote Originally Posted by talkingconch
    I have never seen guys like:

Jordan
    Kobe
    Bird
    Magic
    Shaq

flop or sell blatantly when the replay shows. Lebron and Wade? Sell like crazy. Worst part is Lebron is delusional to this, while already ruining his image with 'The Decision'. Nothing to argue here either.
    Kobe flailed constantly and screamed bloody murder to add the extra theatrics. He also invented the bitchmade rip-thru move and passed the baton to Durant to carry it on.

Jordan, Bird and Magic were from an era where they played like men. And they were too skilled to have to resort to flops. The only guy who truly flopped on offense back in that era was Reggie Miller where he'd kick out his leg on the three pointer. It took the NBA forever to outlaw that.

Shaq flopped on defense probably once or twice in his entire career and it was during his twilight years...looked horrible when he did it too. A man of his size couldn't sell a flop if he got hit by a mack truck.

National High School Star allball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by talkingconch
    I have never seen guys like:

Jordan
    Kobe
    Bird
    Magic
    Shaq

flop or sell blatantly when the replay shows. Lebron and Wade? Sell like crazy. Worst part is Lebron is delusional to this, while already ruining his image with 'The Decision'. Nothing to argue here either.
    Magic was one of the great floppers of all time. as far as the Celtics and Lakers they were loaded with floppers especially the Celtics.

Gimme Worthy over LBJ. Nebraskanball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TylerOO
    Is that all you got? Wade, Lebron, Bosh, and Battier all flop worse than that 3 times every game.

And OP, it's because Lebron is soft. If you can't guard the guy, play dirty.
    *And they aren't a "great team."

LeBron is the most hit superstar in the league while barely getting any calls at all lately. I would exaggerate a contact from time to time too.

Also the person with the most flops in this series os Paul George.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

There should be a new statistic.. Flop Rate.

(Total flops/total possesions) X 100

Miami would blow away the league average.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    No, its not a legit question and its irrelevant who flops more or less...all are equally foolish and equally laughable. Splitting hairs between some floppers and others when they all do it is a phenomenon brewed up in the deranged minds of internet fanboys and haters and nothing else.
    It's not splitting hairs at all..

Watching your Boston celtics a few years back the only person who consistently flops is Paul pierce. KG doesn't flop.. When he misses he misses. Ray Allen doesn't flop. Perkins didn't know how to flop. Rondo sometimes would but not that bad. Overall not too bad.

On the Heat? Wade is king flopper.. He flops every single time he penetrates and is beyond shameless with it. Bosh has had some of the worst flops I've ever seen. I remember when he cried to the media that omer ask shouldn't dive for loose balls because it was dangerous in one of the games he had a gif worthy flop against boozer. Head snap back and fall to the ground. Lebron flops disgustingly and only started doing it when he came to the heat. Battier invented the flop. They are way way worse..

Who has the gif of Tim Duncan screaming STOP FLOPPING to the heat from a year or two ago? Coming from someone with Parker and Manu on their team, that's pretty mind blowing.

To answer seriously, I think it's thir lack of size. In the 90's/early 2000's, a team featuring Shane Battier and Chris Bosh asyour 4/5 would be annihilated. Defensively, Battier flops a lot since he gets overmatched easily by the bigger 4's. Especially during rebounds. I think they're also alowed to get away with more holding/pushing for the very sam reason.

On the offense, I think Lebron and Wade are just bitches.

New flash

Every team flops now...