Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Good college starter HorryIsMyMVP's Avatar

Default Re: Doc Rivers calls Bill Simmons an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    Bills right though

And i hate bill and love doc
    Well yeah you can tell by how mad Doc is

That alone is an admission of guilt. When she said that it crushed his soul.

Quote Originally Posted by PickernRoller
    No shit...how come?
    He speaks his mind and isn't your typical ESPN drone spewing politically correct BS. He's pretty funny too and is at least somewhat knowledgeable. I think he'd fit right in with the TNT guys.

He is right about Doc. Saying he quit on the team might be a blunt way of putting it, but he did leave without finishing his contract and wanted no part of a rebuilding process.

Banned

I'm with Bill on this one. Doc quit on his team plain and simple. I don't really blame him, but he still quit. Doc has that magical media invincibility about him though. I don't get it. He's not really a good coach.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    "The starting five has never lost".

The ISH'ers Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    He speaks his mind and isn't your typical ESPN drone spewing politically correct BS. He's pretty funny too and is at least somewhat knowledgeable. I think he'd fit right in with the TNT guys.

He is right about Doc. Saying he quit on the team might be a blunt way of putting it, but he did leave without finishing his contract and wanted no part of a rebuilding process.
    Sorry but cheap shot Simmons is a hypocrite and talking his mind doesn't make him refreshing. Not when half the crap he says has a strong dose of cynism. But that's just my opinion. It's o'right if you see him different.

The Doc thing I could care less. Simmons has 0 idea of what really went down. He wasn't behind closed doors when the whole thing was decided and speculates as much as the next guy. Makes up what he says believable by going with the most logical yet controversial rumor that can be said - journalism 101. If he somehow insinuates that Doc just back-stabbed the Celtics and Rivers knows Simmons knows jack shit; should Rivers sit back and take the filfth? Hell no, call him out for what he is. Primma dona idiot. Today is all about "political correctness" for professionals.....sometimes calling rumor mill journalist idiots is refreshing. Even if Simmons is right - due to sources or whatever, you pick your fights wisely and don't run around like TMZ....unless you got PROOF - concrete.

Respect if you want to be respected.
    Last edited by PickernRoller; 06-28-2013 at 03:17 AM.

I agree.

You should never flame a guy who has the balls to have an opinion without edges on national TV. People like Bill are few and far between, most stick to the script or usual jargon associated with being a TV announcer/analyst.

I respect Bill and absolutely love the comments he says. The guy knows his shit and I share most of his opinions...

National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar

Him and Jeff Van Gundy calling games together would be better than stand up comedy..lol

Bill Simmons is an idiot but in this situation he was absolutely right, Doc did quit on the Celtics because he didn't want to rebuild. Also agree with HorryIsMyMVP, Doc is an overrated Coach.

The ISH'ers Champion!

Somehow we are supposed to believe that a Coach that was with the Celtics for several years, through ups and downs and brought success to the table still has loyalty dues with the Celtics?

A Coach like himself wants to win and the least the Celtics can do is free him up so he can coach and succeed elsewhere for the rest of his career. BTW unloading a pricey contract while they are at it - for coaching standards. On the bright side, a new, upcoming assistant out there could be given their shot at coaching a rebuilding franchise.

I am amazed how people suggest that in order for Rivers to prove his loyalty he should waste 3-4 years of his ending coaching career nurturing a lottery team. Him being the guy won't make that much of a difference than other coaches. That's if you believe he's overrated as most claim here - which is obviously not true.
    Last edited by PickernRoller; 06-28-2013 at 03:40 AM.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Has Doc ever made a bad team into something decent? Up until the massive trade which got KG/Ray Ray he was well on his way to be fired after two horrible seasons in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by RIP CITY
    Bill Simmons is an idiot but in this situation he was absolutely right, Doc did quit on the Celtics because he didn't want to rebuild. Also agree with HorryIsMyMVP, Doc is an overrated Coach.
    Can you give an example of this? I'd be interested to know what you disagree with..

You are naive if you think Rivers quit.
    It was mutual, and both parties did very well out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    Has Doc ever made a bad team into something decent? Up until the massive trade which got KG/Ray Ray he was well on his way to be fired after two horrible seasons in charge.
    Familiarize yourself with his first season as coach.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    I agree.

You should never flame a guy who has the balls to have an opinion without edges on national TV. People like Bill are few and far between, most stick to the script or usual jargon associated with being a TV announcer/analyst.

I respect Bill and absolutely love the comments he says. The guy knows his shit and I share most of his opinions...
    Simmons is a basketball dolt and most of his opinions are far from the truth.

He is a scummy journalist and nothing more, sucking in suckers.

When will Western civilization realize the garbage that the media spew out is not the truth.
    There is the NBA, then there is what dolts like Simmons and Bayless say the NBA is.

Simmons is gaining popularity by saying what the casual fan thinks, but casual fans are uninformed and know little about true ball.

He wouldnt sniff a scout role, let alone a GM role. His bball knowledge is basic and he thinks reading about history makes him an expert on the present.

Nothing more than a wizardly wordsmith, sucking in people.

The facts of this situation is that Doc and Danny set up this whole thing together, and manipulated the media as much as possible.
    They don't care if these asses know the truth. They just want them to portray a 'truth' that benefits them, and progresses the actual reality.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    You are naive if you think Rivers quit.
    It was mutual, and both parties did very well out of it.