Default Will Rondo get exposed next year?

I always thought he performed well because of the players around him and Doc Rivers. He had great players who could shoot the ball and that could hid his awful shooting. Those players also opened the paint for him. He could drive the ball for a layup or kick it out for the shooters.
    Also, Doc Rivers ran lot of plays involving screens to open up the shooters. All Rondo had to make the right pass and he was great at it.

Without those great shooters and scorers around him, i think he will struggle. What you guys think?

Default Re: Will Rondo get exposed next year?

yeah, he will struggle if he is the central focus of defenders.

Russel Wilson = GOAT Johnny Jones's Avatar

Yes.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

These topics are always dumb. No one is thinking he will lead the Cs to the playoffs next year (especially coming off the ACL injury). As for statistics if you are hoping his numbers will be down you are in for some disappointment, probably need to study basketball a bit more (this is my "nice" way of saying it). The only guy that merits touches will be Jeff Green, who has always scored in the teens. The Cs will also post Sullinger because there's so few options. Rondo will have the ball in his hands more than any other point guard in the league so he's going to get stats whether he's truly great or not (is that what you mean by "exposed?").

I will explain this for the nth time: Great scorers (which the Cs didn't even have last year) don't get point guards assists. Which pgs have LBJ, Bryant, Durant, Harden, or Melo, just to list the top scorers I remember from last year, played with that got assists on par with Rondo? Feel free to go to any point in their careers to find this guy. Or, tell me which pg Garnett, Pierce, or Ray Allen played with that got double-digit assists, other than Rondo.

My favorite example to use: Why did Mike Bibby average more assists with the Grizzlies in the lottery than with the Kings with Webber, Peja, Divac?

Rondo is a fast, quick, smart pg that had developed a tolerable jumper to complement his skills as one of the best ballhandlers and possibly the best court vision. He was guilty of "assist-whoring" but he can still whore if he wants to and even if he decides to just go with what he feels is the best play every time he'll just pass a little less and score a lot more. So if he averages 16 and 10 instead of this season's 13.7and 12.2, What exactly has been "exposed?" What, you think he'll get no assists because no one will be able to shoot or finish a lay-up? You do realize that these are NBA players, don't you? SGs can shoot, centers can dunk, this is the big league. Some way or another the Celtics are going to get 87+ points every night, and much of that will come from Rondo, one way or another.

Sorry guys, you'll just have to find something else to live for.

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

My problem will be when he comes back after the injury, takes a couple of months to get back up to the top of his game like everyone does, and everyone will be claiming about how they "called" the fact that Rondo and the Celtics would be crap when we're clearly tanking.

Good college starter Kevin_Garnett_5's Avatar

Yes, KG and Pierce were clearly playing at a hall of fame level last year. And we all know Rondo is nothing without hall of famers.

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Rondo's gonna be passing to players on the other team to pad them assists.

-HomieWeMajor

I've always thought thinking like the OP's was just people not actually watching games, but it's not just that, it's also people spewing other's opinions over and over again without giving much of their own input.

Seems like he got exposed

Good college starter Locked_Up_Tonight's Avatar

Hopefully The Kings love him so much he will sign with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Locked_Up_Tonight
    Hopefully The Kings love him so much he will sign with them.

He is about to ruin another team.

Only if a hoe snaps a pic.