Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Decent playground baller srekaL's Avatar

Default Re: No triple-double for LeBron in NY: NBA rescinds that 10th rebound

Quote Originally Posted by barbaroi
    Actually if Kobe kept his pace, even in 7 more minutes he puts up about 13 more points. So 74/0/3 is at the very least equal to 50/9/11.

74 points, how many times has that been done?

Banned

This is just petty by the league. Well at least we now know that they are going to go back and chekc every game and take back every single missed stat, and at least they can add mor FT attempts to LeBron each game because he is fouled every time he gets the ball.

Should've reduced CP3's assists by 50% last season then... [COLOR="White"]jk lol[/COLOR]

unlucky for Bron, but time to move on, and get focused on the lakers game.

Fresh Kid Turned Rotten Lamar Doom's Avatar

let me preface my complaint by saying how much i love Lebron, I'm a laker guy and i still love him. he is the 2nd best player in the league (with cp3 and wade nipping at his heels some nights) and he is a phenomenal and special talent, i absolutely love watching the guy play, absolute monster.

the national media is on this guy's nuts so hard is silly. the NBA needs a "jordan" desperately from a marketing standpoint and LBJ is the heir apparent to kobe. this is clear but it's crammed down our throats so much it's sick. they make it hard to root for him sometimes because it's so blind and contrived. if you watch a cavs game closely from tip to buzzer and keep your own stats you will see that lebron is given stats every night (LET this not take away from the fact that he IS the best statistical player in the league, i'm just saying watch how many times he's given the steal or the rebound or the assist when it really isn't his). you watch national telecasts and they're constantly talking about lebron's "hockey assists" (pass leading to assist by other player)... it feels really desperate and manipulative and for a real nba fan, it's infuriating. let the kid get there, the proof is in the pudding, we can see how special he is, you don't need to try to sell it to us or decieve us into believing the supernatural.

Local High School Star

This is wach -- they shouldn't take it back

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by barbaroi
    Actually if Kobe kept his pace, even in 7 more minutes he puts up about 13 more points. So 74/0/3 is at the very least equal to 50/9/11.
    I'm sorry, but you can't just assume that he will score 13 points in 7 more minutes and claim that Kobe would have scored 74 total and therefore calling it equal with 52/9/11.

My only problem with this is that it took 2 days for them to correct it. Thats 2 days that the NBA let us believe history happened.

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

that blows. just give the man his triple-double. geezzz.
    whoever posted that CP3's assists should be reduced...absolutely.

just give Lebron his TD, the guy earned it, so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
    if you watch a cavs game closely from tip to buzzer and keep your own stats you will see that lebron is given stats every night
    Well I've never seen anything like that. Maybe it does happen, but not more than with any other player. Are you sure you know how to properly give a steal or rebound ? For example if you tip the ball and a teammate comes up with it, you get credit, not your teammate. Or if you force a jumpball and your team wins it, you get a steal.

A release from the league said: “All NBA games are reviewed to ensure the accuracy of the game statistics.”
    All NBA games are reviewed ? Yeah right ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mikaiel

All NBA games are reviewed ? Yeah right ...
    I cannot recall any other time that a stat was changed 2 days after the game. My guess is that Kobe supporters (of some sort) complained to the NBA to have the rebound removed, so the league looked at it.

Haha I love it

Banned

Default Re: "No triple-double for LeBron"

Quote Originally Posted by lilojmayo
    he did stat pad. It was obvious from his last rebound he got noticed how none of the cavs player even went for the rebound.

LeBron cares to much about stats he really does.
    it's really obvious. this is called karma that happens to fans who gloat over statspadders

Default Re: "No triple-double for LeBron"

Quote Originally Posted by StroShow4
    if this is true, it's extremely lame. it's been days since the triple double, you can't take it away now.
    this^^

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
    that blows. just give the man his triple-double. geezzz.
    whoever posted that CP3's assists should be reduced...absolutely.

just give Lebron his TD, the guy earned it, so to speak.
    hello son he didn't earn a triple double if he only got 9 rebounds

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Everybody relax. IT. WAS. THE. KNICKS.

Let's see what happens Sunday when both players face a legitimate opponent -- each other.