Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Winning>Stats

Default Re: I've seen enough, Wilt was most dominant big ever

I'm not say no excuses for Wilt. But it seems that all you have are excuses for Wilt. Other teams had injuries too. But you never seem to recognise them. All you ever say is "poor Wilt." Other teams had it bad. Elgin Baylor blew his knee out in '65 and was never the same, but Jerry West still dragged his team to the finals. No one ever mentions that.

Quote Originally Posted by sd3035
    11 > 2
    Ostertag 2-0 (8-1 overall) over Shaq.

Dumars 3-1 over Jordan.

Bird 2-0 (6-0 overall) over Jordan.

Eaton, Oliver Miller, Mychal Thompson, Vlade Divac...you name them...over Hakeem.

Wallace 2-0 over Shaq.

Pierce 2-0 over Lebron.

Moses 2-0 KAJ (including beating him with a 40-42 team, and then sweeping him in the Finals.)

Worthy, 2-1 over Bird.

Ilt's opponents:

Quote Originally Posted by Horatio33
    I'm not say no excuses for Wilt. But it seems that all you have are excuses for Wilt. Other teams had injuries too. But you never seem to recognise them. All you ever say is "poor Wilt." Other teams had it bad. Elgin Baylor blew his knee out in '65 and was never the same, but Jerry West still dragged his team to the finals. No one ever mentions that.
    Basketball is a TEAM game. The ONLY series in which you could blame Wilt at all, was the '69 Finals. And his COACH was the reason that that team lost.

I don't blame West for losing when he played well. But he was awful in game seven of the '70 Finals, and was awful in the '73 Finals. In fact, he was awful in the '72 Finals, as well, but fortunately for him, Chamberlain dominated that series.

I don't blame for MJ losing to Bird's Celtics. Or Lebron, as poorly as he played, losing in the '07 Finals. Or Lebron in '14 and '15.

Again, if a player plays brilliantly, as Chamberlain did in virtually every series, even after his horrific knee injury...except the '69 Finals...how can you blame him for "losing?"

Quote Originally Posted by kamil
    Ilt's opponents:

Looks like the opponents that went 6-0 against MJ...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kamil
    Ilt's opponents:

ilt

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

#11 is LAZERUSS

Winning>Stats

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    Basketball is a TEAM game. The ONLY series in which you could blame Wilt at all, was the '69 Finals. And his COACH was the reason that that team lost.

I don't blame West for losing when he played well. But he was awful in game seven of the '70 Finals, and was awful in the '73 Finals. In fact, he was awful in the '72 Finals, as well, but fortunately for him, Chamberlain dominated that series.

I don't blame for MJ losing to Bird's Celtics. Or Lebron, as poorly as he played, losing in the '07 Finals. Or Lebron in '14 and '15.

Again, if a player plays brilliantly, as Chamberlain did in virtually every series, even after his horrific knee injury...except the '69 Finals...how can you blame him for "losing?"
    See this is why people don't like your style. You bring up Wilt's injuries to so he's seen in a better light, then don't mention other players injuries to make Wilt look better.

1970 finals, West had TWO SPRAINED THUMBS. Try dribbling a basketball with those injuries, nevermind passing and shooting.

See this is why people don't like your style. You bring up Wilt's injuries to so he's seen in a better light, then don't mention other players injuries to make Wilt look better.

1970 finals, West had TWO SPRAINED THUMBS. Try dribbling a basketball with those injuries, nevermind passing and shooting.
    Aside from me, or perhaps a couple of other's here...how often had someone brought up West as being the real choker in that game seven? Which, even injured, he was. Frazier torched him. But, all we read is how Reed outplayed Wilt (by getting outscored, 21-4, outrebounded, 24-3, and outshot 10-16 to 2-5.)

Geezus...it was a MIRACLE that Chamberlain even played in that post-season...much less hanging a 23-24 .625 FG% seven game Finals.

Local High School Star Stringer Bell's Avatar

Yeah, West's thumbs were all ****ed up. He was still productive offensively, scoring 28. He just got lit up on defense trying to guard Walt, who had 36 and 19. Ppl have said that the 19 assists was not accurate stat-keeping and he had a lot less, but whatever, Walt still had one of the great game 7 performances. West had an amazing one the year before in defeat, putting up 43, 13, and 12 with an injured hamstring.

I like West's attitude about the injuries though. He said "it doesn't matter how my fingers were, I didn't get the job done and we lost".

Local High School Star Stringer Bell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deja vu
    2 rings (lost 4 times).
    Sounds familiar

OP obviously hasn't seen Mikan.

People "don't like his style" because they are clueless trolls and, as long as they realize they lose battle after battle, after his walls of text bury their stupidity, become even bigger trolls.
    They wouldn't give one shit whether he brings up West's injuries. They wouldn't change their stance to the better if he did, on the contrary. They don't bring up anything that backs up Wilt, so, all is fair in war.

Ilt is the second biggest choker in history, right after LeBaldo

Winning>Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Psileas

People "don't like his style" because they are clueless trolls and, as long as they realize they lose battle after battle, after his walls of text bury their stupidity, become even bigger trolls.
    They wouldn't give one shit whether he brings up West's injuries. They wouldn't change their stance to the better if he did, on the contrary. They don't bring up anything that backs up Wilt, so, all is fair in war.
    How are the books on 60's basketball, including Goliath by Wilt "stupidity?"

Wilt had injuries. So have a lot of great players. But Wilt defenders are the only fans that use injuries as an excuse over and over again, and then trash other players that were injured without mentioning this injuries.

It's funny how the STRONGEST, MOST ATHLETIC BIG MAN EVER has so many excuses. More than any player in NBA history. Yet because he has historic numbers in an era where there were more possessions and the league wasn't as athletic, (yes there were very athletic players during his era, just not as many as modern times.)

I will give Wilt this, he was a prototype, a way ahead of his time player in a league that only had up to 12 teams so the talent was less concentrated, teams had multiple all stars. He was an athletic marvel of his time, but isn't that a significant advantage over guys like Johnny Red Kerr and Willie Naulls, while quality centres in their day, wouldn't be able to hang at centre because of height issues and lack of basic athleticism? Not knocking those guys but for every Russell or Thurmond there are a few Lovellettes and Irmhoffs who were physical players due to lack of skills and athleticism.

Not saying Andre Drummond or Nerlens Noel would be 6x MVP in that era or averaging 40ppg but I think there ability to move quicker and jump would well not stop Wilt and Russell but is more of a deterrent than a ground bound 6 foot 9 guy.

I love the sixties guys, but the game is a different sport, dare I say a better sport now. Not saying Wilt would be a back up or averaging 12 and 8, but with less possessions and smarter, fitter, more athletic players he would average more modern numbers. Still impressive, but nowhere near as gaudy as in his prime.

Sorry about the disjointed writing, I know it's not very coherent but what can I say, I'm not as dominant a writer as Milton Gross was in the 60's.