Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Default Re: Call of Duty: Ghost

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    I dont like this game. Maybe I need to unlock more stuff or something. Right now? I'm not a fan. Played many game modes.
    What's different from MW3?

Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles UConnCeltics's Avatar

I dont like this game. Maybe I need to unlock more stuff or something. Right now? I'm not a fan. Played many game modes.
    Probably because I don't have the game yet to run with you. I'l have it around noon tomorrow if you want to run.

downloading the game as we speak. came across ign's review and i like what i saw. i don't give a shiet about reviews or scores, but i try to listen to what is new or have been implemented.

the campaign looks pretty good and has peaked my interest into playing - which i haven't played a cod campaign since mw2. the maps looks bigger but more importantly less traditional than previous cod maps. what sold me was extinction. gobb, how is it? they said its not like zombies more like l4d in which that sold me lol.

i rarely played anything this year, so maybe this game will get my gaming mojo back. bf4 looks cool, but its just not my thing.

I am loving this game. Haven't played the COD franchise since the first Black Ops, and Ghosts has so much more replay value than all the others. The beginning of Story Mode was mind blowing visually, looks promising. Extinction in itself makes me glad I bought the game. Squads is also a fun mode, definitely something I will use to improve and perhaps warmup before an online session. The multiplayer modes run smooth as hell for me, except when assholes start rage quitting.

First impression is that Infinity Ward brought the fun back with this game. Visually it could be better, of course. And the map sizes are bigger, but somehow it seems to work because of the how much better the spawning is as a result. Have not had an issue with people constantly spawning behind me or near me, which was a major issue I had with Call of Duty.

A lot of bad reviews, but let's face it, they're mostly coming from those who are anxious to knock every COD game(but still play it) or those who perhaps are burned out after buying it every year.

I recommend taking a break for a year or two with games like Madden and Call of Duty. I do that and appreciate them much more when I do buy one.
    Last edited by Undisputed; 11-06-2013 at 01:22 AM.

First year I've really not cared for getting CoD, and still don't know a lot about the game, not bothered checking reviews or watching many trailers etc.

I'm going with what Undisputed said, taking a year off from playing it.

I did intend to get a PS4, but I'm putting that idea to one side for now and will wait 7-8 months instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ukballer
    First year I've really not cared for getting CoD, and still don't know a lot about the game, not bothered checking reviews or watching many trailers etc.

I'm going with what Undisputed said, taking a year off from playing it.

I did intend to get a PS4, but I'm putting that idea to one side for now and will wait 7-8 months instead.
    Best way to go, skipping one or two.

I am going with the PS4 as soon as they're available again. I am done with Microsoft, and I really am excited for the Killzone franchise, and that sweet ass dualshock 4 controller...that thing is absolutely perfect. Xbox has a strong list of launch games compared to the PS4, but Sony has always been slow starters when it comes to games. And I expect Xbox to keep steering their games in the camera(kinect) direction. Why else would they make you buy it? No interest in those stupid cameras.
    Last edited by Undisputed; 11-06-2013 at 04:11 AM. Reason: posting from android, enough said

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

a lot of you may already know but

call of duty ghosts graphics engine = upgraded quake 3 arena engine

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IW_engine

cod development team sure has it easy
    Last edited by magic chiongson; 11-06-2013 at 06:21 PM.

Do you not get a point towards your killstreak for flag captures in Domination? Weak...

Quote Originally Posted by code green
    Do you not get a point towards your killstreak for flag captures in Domination? Weak...
    Have to be the first one there. I don't like this game yet.

Quote Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
    Have to be the first one there. I don't like this game yet.
    Me either man.

What does your class setup look like gun/perks?

Me either man.

What does your class setup look like gun/perks?
    What I use most right now is:
    SA-805
    Red Dot
    Grip
    Frag
    Sleight of Hand
    Off the Grid
    Fully Loaded
    Quickdraw

Quote Originally Posted by magic chiongson

If it aint broke don't fix

so far i am liking it. this feels more of a successor to blops 1. hated blops 2 because of the shitty map design. maps in ghosts are pretty good. i like how you can unlock whatever u want from early; but squad points are fukkin hard to come by - at least for me.

playing on pc is way different than console. i play with my ps3 controller and i can never win a shootout if the person who is good with a mouse keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by magic chiongson

It's upgraded from the Modern Warfare 3 engine, it's says so right there in the page you linked.

Saying it's an upgraded Quake 3 Arena engine is like saying the latest Macbook Air is an upgraded Apple 3. Get that fanboy BS outta here.

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    It's upgraded from the Modern Warfare 3 engine, it's says so right there in the page you linked.

Saying it's an upgraded Quake 3 Arena engine is like saying the latest Macbook Air is an upgraded Apple 3. Get that fanboy BS outta here.
    wrong analogy, macbook air has an intel core processor while apple 3 has an old apple processor. iw3 engine is directly extended from quake 3 engine code cod fanboy: "the latest cod graphics looks way better than the previous one"