Thread: Racing games...

Banned

Default Racing games...

Is racing all you do in that game? Sounds boring. Is there something I'm missing out on like missions or something :P? I'm talking about games like NFS, GT, Forza and The Crew and Driveclub when they come out next year.

Default Re: Racing games...

Yeah. I don't what else you would want to do.

No, you don't JUST race.

You also modify your cars.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    No, you don't JUST race.

You also modify your cars.
    Wow, those games must be boring af. Just get GTA and you can do all that stuff but more.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    Wow, those games must be boring af. Just get GTA and you can do all that stuff but more.

The driving is GTA is just plain bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    Not really. I will admit, though, that I lose interest in racing games quicker than any other game.
    Just give something like Need for Speed a try. The Gran Turismo games are too complicated for new fans to get into (unless they're dedicated to learning), but N4S is easy.

Some people just REALLY dig car racing. Racing games are not for me either, but I am buying the new Need For Speed whenever it drops to 20 bucks. It looks amazing, and the Hot Pursuit game mode Looks insanely fun. If you aren't familiar, you can play as a Cop trying to break up the race or a racer with a cop on your ass as a multiplayer mode.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Only racing games I've ever liked were: Mario Kart, Diddy Kong Racing, and Wave Race 64.

Diddy Kong Racing was the shit. Had the coolest single player mode for a racing game I have ever played. Was kind of like Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, crossed with Mario 64, and Mario Kart.

Oh, and the destruction ones were kind of fun. Twisted Metal and Vigilante 8. Tho, I tried Burnout Paradise for the 360 and didn't like it much. The premise sounded cool and it's apparently well liked.

What's that one for the 64 where you were on motorcycles and you could punch people off their bike?

Found it. Road Rash!

Forgot about Blur for the 360. Kind of a last gen, more real, Mario Kart. The multiplayer on that was addicting as ****.

And I guess Trails is sort of like racing (against time). That's a terrific game. Does have a multiplayer mode where you raced against people online. My favorite XBL arcade title.
    Last edited by JimmyMcAdocious; 01-13-2014 at 04:27 AM.