Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Kobe's all-time rank....

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    I have a tough time determining who is better between Kobe and Bird. That's why I said 6 OR 7. It's just very, very close IMO..

Pauk, do you ever have remotely rational thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    fixed
    Having fun there sh0wtime? Wanna know an ironic fact about these "troll posts"? At least you're being yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Pauk, do you ever have remotely rational thoughts?
    a kobetard who thinks kobe is better or as good as bird.... says that i am not rational because i disagree with him...................

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    im a butthurt kobetard

Ok, Sh0wtime.

Decent college freshman game3524's Avatar

1 jordan
    2 wilt
    3 kareem
    4 russell
    5 bird
    6 shaq
    7 magic
    8 oscar
    9 hakeem
    10 duncan
    11 jerry west
    12 julius erving
    13 john havlicek
    14 kobe bryant <---------

thats where he belongs right now.... if he wasnt a 2nd fiddle and didnt get everything handed to him on a silverplate in his 3 first championships by Shaq......... then he would probably be top 10 easily
    If that is the case then why is Magic in the top ten?

a kobetard who thinks kobe is better or as good as bird.... says that i am not rational because i disagree with him...................
    they are very comparable career wise. Plus remember that Kobe isnt done yet.

Jordan
    Wilt
    Kareem
    Magic
    Bird
    Shaq
    Russell

All the only players I would rank over Kobe in the all-time lists. But certainly wouldn't bash somebody for taking Duncan over him but still. You could swap Kobe with Bird to be ranked 7th IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Jordan
    Wilt
    Kareem
    Magic
    Bird
    Shaq
    Russell

All the only players I would rank over Kobe in the all-time lists. But certainly wouldn't bash somebody for taking Duncan over him but still. You could swap Kobe with Bird to be ranked 7th IMO.
    Kobe is going to be ahead of Shaq when he decides to hang them up.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by game3524
    If that is the case then why is Magic in the top ten?
    Magic as a "second fiddle"? Are you kidding me?????

Magic won THREE Finals MVPs, and it SHOULD have been FOUR (take a look at his play in the '88 Finals...he was CLEARLY better than Worthy.) And, BTW, Magic outvoted Kareem in the MVP balloting in EIGHT of their TEN seasons together (the last eight.) Even in '80, it was MAGIC who came through in the clinching game six on the road in the Finals...with Kareem watching from his couch.

Then, ask yourself this...where were the Lakers BEFORE Magic? Then, how well did they do AFTER Kareem? Then finally, what was their record AFTER Magic? BTW, you could make the argument that they won the title in '88 DESPITE Kareem (who was simply AWFUL in the post-season, and even WORSE in the Finals.) And I honestly believe the '87 Lakers would have won a title sans Kareem, as well (Green and Thompson playing more minutes would have done well enough.)

Give me a break!
    Last edited by jlauber; 07-17-2011 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    they are very comparable career wise. Plus remember that Kobe isnt done yet.
    what a ****ing career resume has to do with it ?
    Kobe has not the half of the understanding of this sport Bird has.

damn, when people will understand that kobe has never been and will never be a better player of basketball than Bird.

you got game ?

Quote Originally Posted by game3524
    Kobe is going to be ahead of Shaq when he decides to hang them up.
    Depends how he finishes his career...what Kobe does the next two years with this Laker team will decide alot.

Quote Originally Posted by jlauber
    Magic as a "second fiddle"? Are you kidding me?????

Magic won THREE Finals MVPs, and it SHOULD have been FOUR (take a look at his play in the '88 Finals...he was CLEARLY better than Worthy.) And, BTW, Magic outvoted Kareem in the MVP balloting in EIGHT of their TEN seasons together (the last eight.) Even in '80, it was MAGIC who came through in the clinching game six on the road in the Finals...with Kareem watching from his couch.

Then, ask yourself this...where were the Lakers BEFORE Magic? Then, how well did they do AFTER Kareem? Then finally, what was their record AFTER Magic?

Give me a break!
    Magic became the guy in 87, prior to that it was still Kareem's "team". I love Magic, and he is one of my favorite players of all-time. I just found hypocritical that the OP was holding it against Bryant for being drafted into a good situation, when Magic was drafted to an already great team.

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

My list

Jordan, Kareem, Bird, Magic, Russell, Wilt, Shaq, Duncan, Kobe, Zeke. So I have Kobe at 9.

I already know people will have questions, let me debunk them now.

"Bird over Magic? Even though Magic has two more rings?"

Damn straight. Bird was never at any point NOT the best player on his team. You could make a case Magic didn't become the best player on his team until his 4th or 5th year. The West was also significantly weaker during the 80s, while Magic was battling the Rolando Blackman led Mavericks and Tom Chambers led Sonics, Bird was going against Doctor J, Jordan, the bad boy Pistons, etc. Throw in Magic's slight edge in supporting cast (he does have Kareem, the #2 all time, afterall), that more than explains the two title gap.

"No Oscar Robertson but you have Isiah?"

Isiah is mad underrated. He went against, and BEAT, Magic, Bird, and Jordan at some point in the 80s. Won two titles as the best player on his team and came absurdly close to winning a third (about as close as anyone has come to a title without winning, actually). Oscar Robertson has one ring and he won that as the second best player on his team. Triple double is cool and all but EVERYONE who was good had CRAZY numbers in that era. You had Jerry Lucas, a 6'7 white guy, dropping 19 and 18 a night for like three straight years.

"Shaq and Duncan over Kobe? YOU HATER!!"

No Kobe stans, it's the truth. Shaq was undisputedly the best player on the three Laker title teams, with the gap the first year being WIDE. Duncan has never won less than 50 games and has four rings, at least three as the best player. And don't give me that Duncan has more help bullsh*t, Kobe fans. Compile a list of teammates Kobe and Duncan has ever played with and check it out. Count the all stars on both sides. Check the big names. The Laker list is longer. Fact. Also Duncan's 2003 and 99 cast was average enough that it takes any credibility away from the BS "Duncan has more help than Kobe" argument.

So yeah. Kobe's at 9 for me. He could climb up to top 5 if he gets a six or seventh ring. It's possible.
    Last edited by EricForman; 07-17-2011 at 02:10 PM.