Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: Grant Hill on Derrick Rose... a must read... especially for Bulls fans

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    Do you ever get tired of speaking on things you know nothing about?

I KNOW PEOPLE that play with Rose, that train with him (after his ACL injury).

He is NOT ready.....Cook is breaking him down off the dribble in practice.

You;re showing your inner retard right now.
    If it's so clear he's not ready...why not just say so and end this shit?

Why are there so many reports saying the exact opposite you are?

Wilbon himself said it was all mental now...why should we trust you over a reporter that knows the Bulls ins and outs very well?

Acting like this isn't a debate is just silly.

5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Grant Hill on Derrick Rose... a must read... especially for Bulls fans

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Really...ive been a Bulls fan since before Jordan. My mom has been a Bulls fan since Jerry sloan days(with a brief stop as a Laker fan because of Magic but I believe society pardons fickle female sports fans). My brothers are bulls fans. Several of my close friends as well.

You know the only person I see in person who has sounded like the people online mad at Rose?

This is just version 193298 of internet haters finding a subject to latch on to and make it a bigger deal than it is.

I have Heat fan friends who have nothing negative to say about Rose. Knick fans. But on here its nothing but "Rose is bitchmade!", "***** ass Rose...MAN UP!" and calling out fans and all that? I dont know what happens to people when they get to type instead of speak. Would people really be this awful in person without the risk of physical violence?

Is that all thats keeping the real world sports fans from being like on the internet? Knowing they are risking their lives by acting this way?

Jeff posted an article on the ISH main site saying their GM wasnt expecting him back this year at all.

And that was in June.

But now...he was supposed to be back months ago all along?

Nah. real Bulls fans are not that upset.

If they are I dont know them.

And I know an awful lot of Bulls fans...

And truth be told...in person...Heat/Knick fans arent this bad about it either.
    Behind the computer folks are internet thugs. Things said on the net will not be be televised. They go to a sports bar they wouldn't open their mouths. Because the accountability factor is live and their follow up of cursing and illogical reply isn't tolerated. The response of "wow, are you from a broken to pieces home where the head of the household's name was Derrick Rose?" would jolt them or make their irrational hate seem naked. I have never ran into this type of behavior live and I am out quit a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    If it's so clear he's not ready...why not just say so and end this shit?

Why are there so many reports saying the exact opposite you are?

Wilbon himself said it was all mental now...why should we trust you over a reporter that knows the Bulls ins and outs very well?

Acting like this isn't a debate is just silly.
    BECAUSE THE MYSTERY SELLS BASKETBALL TICKETS!!!

Wilbon, Kerr, Bayless, etc. do not get to say their honest opinion, they get TOLD what stance to take and what to say a lot of the time.

Reporters, interviewers, league execs, etc have AGENDAS. My friend does not have an agenda. If Rose was acting yssup he would just tell everyone.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    I've said multiple times, in multiple threads, that I don't insinuate bringing Rose back too soon and injuring himself...

Rose is the one who says basically "I could be back next game, I could be back in a month". Not me.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize jeopardizing the health of your franchise player is not the right way to go. In fact, I think the NBA playoffs are not the proper setting for him to return, even if he's ready (it's too intense and physical relative to the RS).

At the same rate, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize Rose has been fairly tantalizing about this whole thing with his comments and "the return" ads, and seems to be taking his sweet time to the point where people, outside of NBA players, his teammates, and closest friends, are starting to wonder about his desire.
    I don't know if you have crazy anxiety about this issue or what. He'll play when he is ready to play. The commercials are just commercials, if you seen him, why on earth would you question his desire? Its obvious something is out of whack. Just leave it at that.

BECAUSE THE MYSTERY SELLS BASKETBALL TICKETS!!!

Wilbon, Kerr, Bayless, etc. do not get to say their honest opinion, they get TOLD what stance to take and what to say a lot of the time.

Reporters, interviewers, league execs, etc have AGENDAS. My friend does not have an agenda. If Rose was acting yssup he would just tell everyone.
    You can't be serious. They are doing this to sell tickets? That is your logic...holy shit.

What will you say if he comes back tomorrow and plays well? Will he not be ready still?

And LOL at Wilbon having to take a stance. His stance is don't come back...but he's still been reporting that it's mostly mental now and that he hears good things coming out of practices.

The whole situation has been poorly handled....obvious to everyone. And based on all the reports, outside of your friend of course, we are hearing that Rose is looking good and is healthy...but he's not mentally ready to play.

You can't be serious. They are doing this to sell tickets? That is your logic...holy shit.

What will you say if he comes back tomorrow and plays well? Will he not be ready still?

And LOL at Wilbon having to take a stance. His stance is don't come back...but he's still been reporting that it's mostly mental now and that he hears good things coming out of practices.

The whole situation has been poorly handled....obvious to everyone. And based on all the reports, outside of your friend of course, we are hearing that Rose is looking good and is healthy...but he's not mentally ready to play.
    Did you ready Grant Hill's report?

Everyone said HE was ready to play and he was NOT!

If he plays tomorrow then he is ready you MFin idiot WTF?

It's obvious to everyone with an adult brain that media reports=/=the truth.

The fact that you are taking them to heart is very telling.

Local High School Star 3LiftHeatCurse's Avatar

Derrick Rose was medically cleared to play basketball MONTHS AGO.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by point guard
    I don't know if you have crazy anxiety about this issue or what. He'll play when he is ready to play. The commercials are just commercials, if you seen him, why on earth would you question his desire? Its obvious something is out of whack. Just leave it at that.
    Huh?

You are the one going off on tangents about "internet thugs" and other nonsense.

You are the one getting emotional about something being widely talked about in the sports world.

Just google "Derrick Rose" in google news... this is not an issue that's living and breathing on just basketball message boards or being talked about by "nerdy people behind their computers".

Derrick Rose: Your team needs you, it's time to suit up
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ime-to-suit-up

Bull's Derrick Rose Stand out for not toughing it out
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/08/sp...-out.html?_r=0

Controversy festers around Bulls' Derrick Rose
    http://www.oregonlive.com/nba/index....igh-5_360.html

Derrick Rose and the Bulls' history of letting players break themselves
    http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/5/8...l-deng-doctors

Should Derrick Rose Return?
    http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2013...tential-return

Derrick Rose, by any other name, is making the right call by not playing for the Bulls
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...add_story.html

These articles vary in their tone, opinions, suggestions, etc, etc...

But the point is, nobody should feel guilty for having an opinion on the matter. Again, the whole basketball world is talking about it.

Did you ready Grant Hill's report?

Everyone said HE was ready to play and he was NOT!

If he plays tomorrow then he is ready you MFin idiot WTF?

It's obvious to everyone with an adult brain that media reports=/=the truth.

The fact that you are taking them to heart is very telling.
    You seem confused.

If Rose is hurt...he shouldn't play. The problem is that he's been cleared for months now...and he's practicing...and he and the Bulls are making comments about potentially playing.

The Hill thing is different. If you are hurt...don't play. Simple as that. But being mentally unsure is not being hurt. Once your ACL heals...it's healed and there is no extra added danger of doing something again to it.

Just sounds absurd...the whole thing does. And if he really was hurt and not close...he wouldn't be practicing and making the comments he has.

He never distanced himself from his idiot brother either. We don't Rose...for all I know he's been ready for months and sat out to make a statement that he needs more help...then that backfired when the Bulls played so well and won the series...and now he's afraid to come back.

I have no clue. But at least there is evidence to support that theory.

You can't just say..."play when you want to"...ok...then every player could just decide not to play for any reasons.

Anyone that has played competitive basketball beyond high school knows you are never 100% after the first few games. Never. And the likelihood of getting injured goes up at less than 100%. Yet, as a basketball player, you have to play on sore and twisted ankles and knees your entire career.

I don't really care about this anymore. It's obvious to everyone other than Rose fans that this thing was horribly handled and that Rose should have come back over a month ago.

If you are good enough to go in practice....and you are medically cleared to play. You are good enough to at least give it a go in games and see how you react.

Like Barkley said last night...but he's biased as well I guess.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Yes.....everyone thinks he should come back...except the many people quoted saying otherwise?

Just gonna make reality what you feel like it being?

You seem confused.

If Rose is hurt...he shouldn't play. The problem is that he's been cleared for months now...and he's practicing...and he and the Bulls are making comments about potentially playing.

The Hill thing is different. If you are hurt...don't play. Simple as that. But being mentally unsure is not being hurt. Once your ACL heals...it's healed and there is no extra added danger of doing something again to it.

Just sounds absurd...the whole thing does. And if he really was hurt and not close...he wouldn't be practicing and making the comments he has.

He never distanced himself from his idiot brother either. We don't Rose...for all I know he's been ready for months and sat out to make a statement that he needs more help...then that backfired when the Bulls played so well and won the series...and now he's afraid to come back.

I have no clue. But at least there is evidence to support that theory.

You can't just say..."play when you want to"...ok...then every player could just decide not to play for any reasons.

Anyone that has played competitive basketball beyond high school knows you are never 100% after the first few games. Never. And the likelihood of getting injured goes up at less than 100%. Yet, as a basketball player, you have to play on sore and twisted ankles and knees your entire career.

I don't really care about this anymore. It's obvious to everyone other than Rose fans that this thing was horribly handled and that Rose should have come back over a month ago.

If you are good enough to go in practice....and you are medically cleared to play. You are good enough to at least give it a go in games and see how you react.

Like Barkley said last night...but he's biased as well I guess.
    Grant Hill made a clear comparison of his situation and Rose's.

smh...I can explain it to you...I can't understand it for you

Whoever you got your HS diploma from needs to be slapped repeatedly.

I have no clue.

The only true thing you've typed in this thread.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

And there is evidence rose sat out while being fine...for the express purpose of trying to make the Bulls lose games/a series? To prove a point?

Did I read that right?

Tell me I missed some context by not freally reading the whole argument you two are having.

Im really hoping I missed a lot. Thats some euroleague level shit there.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Unbiased_one
    At the very least, Lebron, Pau, Chris Paul and Howard were more valuable than him. You could easily argue for dirk, pierce and durant as well.
    2010-2011
    Pierce: 19, 5, and 5

Rose: 25, 8, and 4

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    2010-2011
    Pierce: 19, 5, and 5

Rose: 25, 8, and 4

And they won 60+ games to boot.