Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Love Live Life

Default Re: Former NBA Ref says "Jordan's push off was an offensive foul..."

I thought it was a foul when I seen it but I guess you could go either way.

NBA sixth man of the year

Doesn't really matter...Does anybody really doubt that Jordan wouldn't have gotten a shot off regardless and probably would have made it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    Doesn't really matter...Does anybody really doubt that Jordan wouldn't have gotten a shot off regardless and probably would have made it?
    What do you mean? How can he get off a shot when they call a foul?

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    What do you mean? How can he get off a shot when they call a foul?
    I mean if he didn't use the "alleged" pushoff/crossover and had to use another move instead.....

Not saying Jordan would automatically make every clutch shot because he didn't. But in that situation in that game, I would bet on him making the shot.....

Cheating to win, that is the mentality players need.

Love Live Life

I mean if he didn't use the "alleged" pushoff/crossover and had to use another move instead.....

Not saying Jordan would automatically make every clutch shot because he didn't. But in that situation in that game, I would bet on him making the shot.....
    That shot was like a free throw cause there was no way the defender could recover.

He MJ could've made a move but it's not guaranteed to get him as open as that slight "push" did.

http://youtu.be/vdPQ3QxDZ1s

BU... BUT DAT HANDCHECKING DOEEEE . Lol offensive players could get away with cheating back then too.

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

Refs would want MJ's autograph yet MJ stans today complain about LeBron getting favorable treatment.

As to the play in question, it may have been a foul but it was the NBA Finals and you want it to be decided on the court so not calling it was the correct thing to do. However, if it was called the Jazz likely win Game 7 which would be in Utah and Pippen was unlikely to be able to play.

i doubt it. lol. I doubt most things that didn't happen. If Jordan didn't push off who knows. Now, do I doubt the bulls win that series? NO.

-Smak

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brwnman
    yep, I thought it was well known...
    '

Yeah I agre I love MJ but that was an offensive foul that wasn't called.

I've been saying this for 10 years

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Probably. But that was something everyone knows they let go late in the game, for anyone,: not just Jordan.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SI Article
    SI.com: First question -- Did Michael Jordan push off against Byron Russell?

John Stockton: No question. I'm not saying that because I think it should have been called a foul. I don't. But he shoved him.

SI.com: So he pushed off, but no foul.

Stockton: Agreed.
    http://www.si.com/nba/2013/11/11/joh...fame-interview

If John ****ing Stockton isn't complaining, then everyone else should let it the hell go.

And shit, this happens all the time. Reggie Miller admitted to fouling him and;

"Daring the refs to make the call," - Reggie Miller

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5drIn3aLco
    Last edited by played0ut; 07-04-2014 at 07:20 AM.

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
    Probably. But that was something everyone knows they let go late in the game, for anyone,: not just Jordan.
    no the refs/nba picks and chooses there fouls/nonfouls just look at that cp foul on the westbrook 3 at end of game 5, people usually say its playoffs refs aren't gonna call a foul like that at end of games, was literally one finger on his forearm then cp gets hacked and no call

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock
    Refs would want MJ's autograph yet MJ stans today complain about LeBron getting favorable treatment.

As to the play in question, it may have been a foul but it was the NBA Finals and you want it to be decided on the court so not calling it was the correct thing to do. However, if it was called the Jazz likely win Game 7 which would be in Utah and Pippen was unlikely to be able to play.
    Those calls call rarly get call at the end of games. Reggie Miller shoved the living hell out of MY and no call.