Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Which of ISH's top 11 of all time would you pick LAST to start a franchise with?

KoMe.

i don't like bananas

Default Re: Which of ISH's top 11 of all time would you pick LAST to start a franchise with?

lebold or kobe, by miles...

NBA Legend

Why is Kobe even in ISH's top 11??

Makes this board look terrible.

Kobe Bryant.

I think even Kobe would pick himself in this thread

Shaq

left Orlando in shambles like a little bitch

Depends. Do I want him winning ring(s) for my team or do I want him going elsewhere for rings?

What is the bottom line for a franchise? Is it championships or ticket sales or jersey sales?

3 out of those 11 players won rings for some other franchise and none for the franchise that drafted him.

As a Knicks fan, I couldn't care less about how many rings someone wins for another team...I would be happy seeing 1

Hakeem for me. Lol at people picking Kobe.

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

LOL @ picking Kobe.

Ya have fuccing short memories or are retarded.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    LOL @ picking Kobe.

Ya have fuccing short memories or are retarded.

The issue is the other guys on that list have SIZE that Kobe just cant compete with. Im not talking about height necessarily, but those other players are just LARGE in ways Kobe cant really compare to. Based on that alone hes ranked much further down, somewhere around jeff hornacek and earl boykins.

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    The issue is the other guys on that list have SIZE that Kobe just cant compete with. Im not talking about height necessarily, but those other players are just LARGE in ways Kobe cant really compare to. Based on that alone hes ranked much further down, somewhere around jeff hornacek and earl boykins.
    I'll take Kobe's scoring, playmaking and defense in his prime over size anyday. Outside of Shaq, Kareem, and maybe Wilt. I'm taking Kobe over any big.

Lebron, Magic, or Bill Russell. Not because they're not great but because it's harder to build around those guys. Last among them? Bill Russell.

Actually quite easily, Bill Russell. Not nearly as good as the rest. "Great" player but not one of the best.

Not being a Kobe hater at all but if you look at that list all of them make more of an impact, especially if you're trying to build a franchise. So you gotta pick Kobe last.

Laughing at people picking Hakeem, arguably the greatest defensive player of all time and a near dominant scorer. I mean the dude is nothing but positive for your team as he doesn't even need the ball to make a huge impact on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    Lebron, Magic, or Bill Russell. Not because they're not great but because it's harder to build around those guys. Last among them? Bill Russell.

Actually quite easily, Bill Russell. Not nearly as good as the rest. "Great" player but not one of the best.
    A guard is harder to build around then a forward. That's a fact

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    I'll take Kobe's scoring, playmaking and defense in his prime over size anyday. Outside of Shaq, Kareem, and maybe Wilt. I'm taking Kobe over any big.
    I'll take Kobe over Wilt too big of big stage chocker. Kobe the superior winner.

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    Easily Hakeem.

Hell, I wouldn't think twice in taking Moses over him.
    He is best defender of all time , not named Bill Russell . And He has great offence . Most versatile center ever .