Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: Heat stars call out Porzingis: Let

If you watched the game, KP had very little impact.
    Meanwhile Wiltside's defence was instrumental in the Heat ending the game by half time.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqTwizzle
    They both played excellent defense though.

I dunno.
    I felt like while Miami played better Zinga's clearly outperformed W-Side.
    Well I DO know. Whiteside had a much better game than Porzingis, who was below average on both ends when the game was there to be won.
    He got some garbage time points but this was over at half time, in large due to Whiteside.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Whiteside had a much better game than Porzingis
    You haven't convinced me of that.
    11 / 11 on 44%TS is not better then 20 / 14 on 52%TS.

Also I believe that when Miami made their huge run towards the start of the 2nd quarter W-Side was on the bench.

So when he sat down they were tied at about 20 and then they went on a huge run and pretty much ended the game/blew it wide open with him on the bench.

So that ruins the "he was better when it mattered" argument.
    Last edited by ShaqTwizzle; 11-24-2015 at 07:43 PM.

Whiteside had a better game imo.

He was more impactful on the defensive end. Porzingis was better on the offensive end. However, in the end the game result had little to do with both guys imo. It had more to do with the Heat's perimeter D combined with Knicks missing makeable shots.

Let this thread die already

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    He was more impactful on the defensive end.
    I can buy that but Zinger was much better offensively and was better on the boards.
    Also when W-Side was on the bench the Miami defense was at its best and the Knick offense at its worst.

W-Side checked out (2min left 1stQ) : Knick's only losing by 1.
    W-Side checked back in (6min left 2nd Q) : Heat up by 21.

The Knicks barely scored at all (2 points) during that 7-8 minute period with W-Side being on the bench the whole time.
    That is when the game was won.
    Last edited by ShaqTwizzle; 11-24-2015 at 07:58 PM.

I can buy that but Zinger was much better offensively and was better on the boards.
    Also when W-Side was on the bench the Miami defense was at its best and the Knick offense at its worst.

The Knicks barely scored at all (2 points) during that 7-8 minute period with W-Side being on the bench the whole time.
    Like I said Whiteside or Porzingis weren't very influential to the result. It was the benches and mainly perimeter play. Heat have great D; Knicks have streaky shooters; 3rd game on the road in 4 night for the Knicks. A random regular season game. Also, aside from Porzingis the Knicks shot 1/19 from 3. So there ya go. To miss that bad it's a combination of luck and good defense.

It is debatable as to who had a better game. Whiteside's offense was basically a product of Wade and Porzingis' defense wasn't up to his standards (what even are his standards?).

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

Heat call out rookie who isn't even the star of his franchise yet.

You haven't convinced me of that.
    11 / 11 on 44%TS is not better then 20 / 14 on 52%TS.

Also I believe that when Miami made their huge run towards the start of the 2nd quarter W-Side was on the bench.

So when he sat down they were tied at about 20 and then they went on a huge run and pretty much ended the game/blew it wide open with him on the bench.

So that ruins the "he was better when it mattered" argument.
    You obviously watched none of the game.

He was in the first 10 mins of first quarter, impacting the game while KP did nothing.

Even if you actually go watch the whole game, which you wont despite making all your claims, you will see that Whiteside played much better than Porzingis.

I'm not going to bang my head against a brick wall. I couldnt believe KP had 20 points, he had zero impact on the game.

Whiteside didn't even have a great game, Lopez outplayed him on a number of possessions.

In fact Lopez had a much better game than KP.

ppl are trying way too hard to discredit KP6. I get it, he was not as impactful as Whiteside but the game was not won with much help from him. Check Twizzle, he broke it down. Knicks down 1 when Whiteside checks out and he comes back in to the Knicks down 21. Sure, give him all the credit for that 1 point lead ballooning into a 21 point lead even though he was on the bench. Him setting the tone was the reason the Heat bench dominated the Knicks 19-0 in the 1st half...am I doing this right?

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    He was in the first 10 mins of first quarter, impacting the game while KP did nothing.
    I don't see it.
    Both of them grabbed 1-2 rebounds and made 1-2 shots during that stretch.
    Neither significantly outplayed the other over that period and the game was essentially tied when W-Side sat down at the 2min mark.

The Heat went on their huge run and ended the game in the 2nd with W-Side on the bench.

As Ari said I don't think either really played a big role in the winning or losing of that game so Zinger's stats are no more "empty" then Hassan's are.

The Heat won by 17 but were only +3 in the minutes when Hassan was on the court.
    Last edited by ShaqTwizzle; 11-24-2015 at 08:37 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Neither one was noticeably impactful. Heat won the game when their bench blew the doors off Fisher's shit backup unit.

Porz did a better job of stat stuffing though.

That is when the game was won.
    AS I SAID:

Whiteside guarded KP on 3 possessions. Blocked 1 shot, made him miss the other, and fouled him on the third. Whiteside was one of the main reasons why the Heat won the game.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    ppl are trying way too hard to discredit KP6. I get it, he was not as impactful as Whiteside but the game was not won with much help from him. Check Twizzle, he broke it down. Knicks down 1 when Whiteside checks out and he comes back in to the Knicks down 21. Sure, give him all the credit for that 1 point lead ballooning into a 21 point lead even though he was on the bench. Him setting the tone was the reason the Heat bench dominated the Knicks 19-0 in the 1st half...am I doing this right?
    I LOVE KP, dude. Dude will be and All-Star next year and All-D in 2. It still doesn't change the fact that Whiteside is better right now

Sure, you can look at the +/-, but Miami's bench absolutely WRECKED the Knicks' bench. That was what helped up win. Whiteside did get "owned" by Lopez though. Otherwise, he would've ended up with 20/15/8 on 65%. Dude was boxing him out and played GREAT D on him.
    Last edited by aj1987; 11-25-2015 at 02:48 AM.