Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mixed Tape Videos- Hakeem 3rd best all time, ahead of Wilt, and Kareem

https://youtu.be/B9vFgXAPHoY

Obviously my jimmies have been rustled, what say you insidehoops? Note, any sound arguments you use to disagree should also be posted on the video. They've made a lot of glaring mistakes in their reasoning IMO that should be corrected

Default Re: Mixed Tape Videos- Hakeem 3rd best all time, ahead of Wilt, and Kareem

Olajuwon should be a consensus top5 all-time

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Default Re: Mixed Tape Videos- Hakeem 3rd best all time, ahead of Wilt, and Kareem

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hawk
    Olajuwon should be a consensus top5 all-time
    no. not in basketball.

I don't gotta watch to know the narrator probably never saw Hakeem play, and has zero idea what he/she is talking about.

Solid video .

Hakeem in my top 10 . And I think he's on the same level as Magic,Bird,Duncan at careers .

Just Jordan,Kareem,Bill,Wilt and Mikan better than Hakeem in nba history for me .

Quote Originally Posted by feyki
    Solid video .

Hakeem in my top 10 . And I think he's on the same level as Magic,Bird,Duncan at careers .

Just Jordan,Kareem,Bill,Wilt and Mikan better than Hakeem in nba history for me .
    Mentioning Mikan startled me, seeing as no one mentions him haha. What's your reasoning? And how do you think he'd fair in later decades? Whether it be just 10 yeas later in the 60s, or any era after up to today

Quote Originally Posted by jongib369
    Mentioning Mikan startled me, seeing as no one mentions him haha. What's your reasoning? And how do you think he'd fair in later decades? Whether it be just 10 yeas later in the 60s, or any era after up to today
    I can see . Dolph and Arizin played well in Mikan and Russell era . Rules,playing system/culture are about metamorphosis . Basketball is basketball in any era , any rules .

Very good NBA starter

I got Hakeem in my top 5. I don't even have Russell in my top 10
    Mj,KAJ,Hakeem,Magic,Bird,Wilt,Duncan,Shaq,LJ

Quote Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
    no. not in basketball.
    You've seen more basketball than most of us, what were your thoughts on Hakeem? In his time, and in comparison to other greats?

3 center battles in particular I'd love to see, as they were in their primes

Shaq Vs Wilt
    Wilt vs Kareem
    Russell VS Hakeem

You've seen more basketball than most of us, what were your thoughts on Hakeem? In his time, and in comparison to other greats?

3 center battles in particular I'd love to see, as they were in their primes

Shaq Vs Wilt
    Wilt vs Kareem
    Russell VS Hakeem
    I don't know how someone can think Russell is a better basketball player thna Hakeem

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hawk
    I don't know how someone can think Russell is a better basketball player thna Hakeem
    Other than scoring obviously....What in your opinion was he that much better at? Was he as good of and versitile defender? Did he rebound better? Did he have a higher basketball IQ? Russells scoring leaves a lot to be desired, but on some teams I could see how he might be the better fit. In saying those things I'm not nessicairly saying g that's where I think Russell excelled...I just want you to elaborate

Do you view him as a poor man's Ben Wallace? Rich man's Ben?

Other than scoring obviously....What in your opinion was he that much better at? Was he as good of and versitile defender? Did he rebound better? Did he have a higher basketball IQ? Russells scoring leaves a lot to be desired, but on some teams I could see how he might be the better fit. In saying those things I'm not nessicairly saying g that's where I think Russell excelled...I just want you to elaborate

Do you view him as a poor man's Ben Wallace? Rich man's Ben?
    Scoring gap, as you say, is already immense.

Other than that, I don't think Russell was much better than Hakeem defensively, if at all. Rebounding numbers go to Russell obviously, as well as blocks, but that is largely because of the era they played in. I don't think Russell would be grabbing 20 a night in Hakeem's era. Someone might say "Hey, if Rodman was grabbing 18 a night, why couldn't Russell grab the same amount or maybe even more?" Fair enough, I simply don't think he would.

Hakeem is regarded as one of the best defensive bigs of all-time, he is the all-time leader in blocks (he would be lower if blocks were counted on Russell's era), and Top 10 in steals. That's huge if you ask me. I have Robinson as the best defensive player of all-time, who by the way, I also consider a better basketball player than Russell. After Robinson, I would maybe put Olajuwon at #2, #3 at worst.

Basketball IQ? I don't know. I know Russell did some unprecedented things in his era, he would probably have better BBIQ than Olajuwon but I don't understand that enough to have an strong opinion about it.

On offense he would be a rich man's Wallace clearly, but defensively I don't know who I would take. Overall, Russell > Wallace.

But returning to Olajuwon, it is impossible for me to put Russell over Olajuwon when I consider Olajuwon at the very least comparable on defense. If we were talking about some big guy who excelled on the offensive end but lacked defensive skills then I could understand taking Russell over him, at least I would, but this is not the case. Olajuwon excelled on both ends, that is why I think he is a superior basketball player than Russell.

Russell has meant more to basketball than Olajuwon, but there is no way I would be taking him over Olajuwon

1. Wilt
    2. KAJ
    3. Russell
    4. Shaq

5. Duncan (he played center for much of his career.)

6-7. Moses or Hakeem.

1. KAJ
    2. Hakeem
    3. Russell
    4. Shaq

6-7. Moses or Wilt.

Quote Originally Posted by winwin
    1. KAJ
    2. Hakeem
    3. Russell
    4. Shaq

6-7. Moses or Wilt.
    *loses shit