Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 815161718
    I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Default Re: Kobe Bryant the greatest player of his generation (according to his peers and expert

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    when you the #1 option in the 4th quarter and the best skilled player in the NBA then you mean more to the team then a Big Man with no game past the 3' from the hoop....

by far the best allaround player in the NBA...and it aint even close.

next
    So what he still wasn't the best player on his own team & from what I remember didn't even finish ahead of Shaq in any MVP Voting until 03'.

So not only did most of the media think he wasn't. Any objective fan would do the same. He's the 2nd best shooting guard of all time & top 10 player of all time. That's as good as its going to get.

Default Re: Kobe Bryant the greatest player of his generation (according to his peers and expert

If you said Tim Duncan is the most accomplished player this past decade, yes, I agree. He's one of the guys that does everything required to win. He may not be flashy, but he's effective and he wins.

BUT!!!

Remember, it's the greatest player of this generation. Where's Duncan right now? Where's Kobe right now? What are their statuses in the league currently? Who was more favored to win the title the past 3-4 years up to today? This Generation is not over yet! Kobe is younger than Duncan and is currently playing at a higher level than Duncan(even though Kobe's decline has been noticeable recently). Kobe is still adding to his resume at this point, and he has a realistic chance to pass Duncan in titles, Finals MVPs.

If Kobe wins a 6th title, than it's pretty certain that Kobe moves above Duncan. On all lists.

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Broken Down Stats don`t agree with u or the people of the media and fanship trolls

Kobe was and is a Great SG but i can name a few players that where better in the 2000s era

Garnett in his Prime
    Duncan in his Prime
    Shaq in his Prime
    Lebron in his Prime (now)

Those 4 are Clearly Better

Wade is as good as Kobe and is a Better All Around Player. Perfmored Better in his Finals with "Older Shaq"

Dirk? He won with a Weaker Team than Bryant

I would locate Bryant around the 5-6 spot as Player of the 2000s era till now.

He is By Far the Most Hyped Up Superstar and Overrated more than Russell was as "The Best Player"? Proove it

Bryant is = Ronaldhino Guacho of his Era = Most Over Hyped Player whose Efficiency is Lower than Many...even though his Talent is as High as Any.

Banned

Any1 who doesn't think Kobe was the best player of the decade doesn't belong on this forum. Duncan? He's been average at best since 08 and Kobe's team killed his in the playoffs. Shaq? Average at best in 07 and garbage from 08 forward. Those are the only other possible 2. Other than that no player has 2 Finals mvps, 5 championships, or 7 Finals Appearances.

College superstar

Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    when you the #1 option in the 4th quarter
    This is actually an interesting point that isn't often examined. Kobe was generally "plan B" in terms of scoring throughout the game. However in the 4th quarter, he often became "plan A" and sometimes, "plan AA" if Jackson sat Shaq because of hack-a-Shaq. In the history of the game, how often were guys who were "riding the coattails" of other players asked to take over so consistently? Shaq was disastrous at the free throw line, hence he was unreliable in the clutch. The clear cut #1" is usually the closer on the team (ie Jordan, Bird) yet Kobe was always the go to guy for the Lakers.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Round Mound
    Broken Down Stats don`t agree with u or the people of the media and fanship trolls

Kobe was and is a Great SG but i can name a few players that where better in the 2000s era

Garnett in his Prime
    Duncan in his Prime
    Shaq in his Prime
    Lebron in his Prime (now)

Those 4 are Clearly Better

Wade is as good as Kobe and is a Better All Around Player. Perfmored Better in his Finals with "Older Shaq"

Dirk? He won with a Weaker Team than Bryant

I would locate Bryant around the 5-6 spot as Player of the 2000s era till now.

He is By Far the Most Hyped Up Superstar and Overrated more than Russell was as "The Best Player"? Proove it

Bryant is = Ronaldhino Guacho of his Era = Most Over Hyped Player whose Efficiency is Lower than Many...even though his Talent is as High as Any.
    garnett. jesus. another one posting from the confines of a padding room

Magic Johnson

I don't have a problem with this. Kobe's not the most dominant player of his generation but the guy has spent almost half of his career playing in the Finals, which is just a ridiculous stat on its own right. He's got a resume most players would kill for.

Banned

i hate him but he is
    bryant
    duncan
    shaq
    nowitzki
    garnett
    in order and i hate all of them besides garnett. i have most respect nowitzki game

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    garnett. jesus. another one posting from the confines of a padding room
    Garnett in the 2000s was More Dominant than Kobe. He was the Best All Around Player of the 2000s

Garnetts problem = jack of all trades, master of none.