Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA Legend

Default Re: Hillary Swagger Jacks Bernie- Offers Free College Plan

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    Recent college grads in favor of this blow my mind. You're voting to devalue your degree. You're voting for more competition. You are NOT voting your debt away.
    The biggest problem with the system is how many businesses are requiring degrees for employment when it isnt necessary. The business world uses degrees as a de facto crutch for making hiring decisions, and it's driven up tuition tremendously. That's what has to change.

But the simpleton section doesnt identify cause and effect, or issues below the surface. It's just, "College price is high, so make gubberment pay for it so we can all be eeequoal!!!!! Simple!"

That this shit works with people absolutley blows the mind. It is the Superhead for of the cranium.

Recent college grads in favor of this blow my mind. You're voting to devalue your degree. You're voting for more competition. You are NOT voting your debt away.
    what a selfish way of looking at things. ever heard of empathy? maybe recent grads dont want any more young people to be buried under a mountain of debt like they are?

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    what a selfish way of looking at things. maybe recent grads dont want any more young people to be buried under a mountain of debt like they are?

So a college grad has a worthless degree and a mountain of debt.

And he shouod want tuition to go up even higher, paid for by government subsidy (ie tax dollars from business who might hire him, or taxes he'll pay when hired) so more kids can get worthless degrees and raise tuition for the next generation and support it with THEIR taxes)

Jenius, bro. I mean, it's really jenius.

"MAKE EVERYTHING FREE SO THAT WERE JUST ALL EQUAOL AND STUFF GAWDDDDD!!!!!!"

I mean, it's definitely the kind of logic that makes you respect someone's intellect. It absolutely is. It is.

I mean it.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

what a selfish way of looking at things. ever heard of empathy? maybe recent grads dont want any more young people to be buried under a mountain of debt like they are?
    Okay, I don't want to pay for your English, History, Writing, WGS, Art, etc degree. YOU should have to pay for that, not the country.

Community college, apprenticeships, STEM degrees. Those should all be funded by the government because they provide a lot more real value. The problem is nobody wants to be a ****ing electrician anymore despite it being incredibly important and high paying.

Kraz is wrong, you do NOT need a degree. Those people's "empathy" just made it even harder to pay off their own debt.

NBA Legend

Okay, I don't want to pay for your English, History, Writing, WGS, Art, etc degree. YOU should have to pay for that, not the country.

Community college, apprenticeships, STEM degrees. Those should all be funded by the government because they provide a lot more real value. The problem is nobody wants to be a ****ing electrician anymore despite it being incredibly important and high paying.

Kraz is wrong, you do NOT need a degree. Those people's "empathy" just made it even harder to pay off their own debt.

Uhhh.....

You just claimed I was wrong and then agreed with me in the same sentence.

Dunno how that works, exactly.

I dont want to pay to bomb Syria and Iraq or subsidize the profits of Monsanto and Exxon, but thats just part of being a citizen of a large nation.

Out of all the things we could potentially spend money on, sending youngsters to college debt free is one of the best things I can think of.

I absolutely agree that we should fund community college, apprenticeships and STEM degrees, but I dont think we should stop there.

A more educated society is good for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    My talent for negotiating free rent has proven invaluable. Youve been obsessing me for days, and those rent savings really help with the bottom line

Good luck paying your bills and improving your sad lot in life with your ISH-cred and selling 5 bumper stickers a month.

I dont want to pay to bomb Syria and Iraq or subsidize the profits of Monsanto and Exxon, but thats just part of being a citizen of a large nation.

Out of all the things we could potentially spend money on, sending youngsters to college debt free is one of the best things I can think of.

I absolutely agree that we should fund community college, apprenticeships and STEM degrees, but I dont think we should stop there.

Oh neither do I, I'd rather choose art degrees than bombs too, but that's not the case. The debate is, pay for bombs in syria or pay for bombs AND everyone's tuition. I would like us to stop throwing money around.

I wanted Bernie even with his college idea but Hillary isn't doing this for young people. She's doing it for young votes.

Kraz you said every business uses a degree as a benchmark for getting in, which is not true. There are plenty of jobs you don't need it.

Oh neither do I, I'd rather choose art degrees than bombs too, but that's not the case. The debate is, pay for bombs in syria or pay for bombs AND everyone's tuition. I would like us to stop throwing money around.

I wanted Bernie even with his college idea but Hillary isn't doing this for young people. She's doing it for young votes.
    you are right, and i dont particularly trust her to follow through with it.

that said whatever her reasons are, I do support debt free higher education.

NBA Legend

Strawman. This has nothing to do with the logical fallacy that is "free college." Trying to invoke unpopular wars to make people somehow think you must be right about education as well. Transparent and pathetic af.

The fact that youre so brainwashed as to believe REAL EDUCATION comes from a certificate that has to be paid for, and doled out by tenured old nutbags who are often LITERALLY insane, proves how uneducated our society actually is. It proves how completely ignorant and delusional you are.

And you probably have a degree.

you are right, and i dont particularly trust her to follow through with it.

that said whatever her reasons are, I do support debt free higher education.
    This will be her version of Obama's "WE'RE CLOSING DOWN GITMO"

STEM degrees aren't the only valuable degrees either

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    Obviously, but most degrees are meaningless.

http://nces.ed.gov/programs/coe/indicator_cta.asp

That graph should be reversed, except health

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear

Quite true. Medicine, law, and a few others are important.

But the reality is, things like "communications" degrees are simply fluff degrees designed to give kids an excuse to go to college unnecessarily.

People don't understand, college was NEVER set up nor intended to be vocational training. College was a place for young men of means to go and continue learning things, at a time when MOST young men had to go and earn a living as a butcher, cobbler, rancher, blacksmith, whatever. You had young men from rich families who didn't really have any obligations, so hungreds or thousands of years ago they set up places for them to go and learn Greek and Latin and ways to calculate the position of the earth and stars etc.

The best way to learn how to do most things is STILL on the job training. Of course you have to go through extensive and rigorous training to be a surgeon or a lawyer, where peoples lives are in your hands. To write marketing jingles, you need four years of college 'marketing' courses?? The problem is kids start to think it's not about being creative and actually coming up with good marketing jingles, but simply being herded into the college pen and suddenly being 'qualified' by the time you've paid 4 years of tuition. This mindset of 'give everything out for free' is extremely damaging in the long term, but it preys on liberal emotions, which are much more sensitive than their sense of logic.

The collective ignorance and mobthink of the country is the problem here. Not the fact that too few kids are sitting in crowded lecture halls with old kooks giving power points.

Quote Originally Posted by Facepalm
    We've all seen how far your "talent" has taken you.
    Savage

Dude still lives at home and is well into his 30s...fuccing leach ass bum