Page 161 of 166 FirstFirst ... 61111151158159160161162163164 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 2487
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: ☆ NBA General Discussions | FA/Trade Ideas

I wonder if they try to sign a bunch of these people to 1 year deals and then try again next season for another all-star.

NBA lottery pick

Looks like a couple of smaller 2 year deals with Quinn Cook and JaVale McGee. Solid role players. KCP is going to be getting some major cap space 2 years 16 million. Danny Green did too with 2 years and 30 million. So it actually looks like this is going to be the roster for the next few years. I guess the Lakers think they have their big 3 with Lebron, AD, & Kuzma. I'm surprised they went 2 year deals for everyone. Seems like they may have a conversation with Rondo again too.

There is a very good chance those are 1+1 deals so we can get out of them next summer, or at least I hope they are.. AD will go off the books temporarily next summer when he opts out (we will still have his bird rights - not sure what his cap hold would be). It could open up salaries to add a decent $25mill player.

Salary cap is going up next season so we might actually have $30mill open. Obviously not max money but enough for a good starter.

Jeez, people are going nuts on ish nba forum, reddit, etc.. People need to chill out. Lakers are fine.. Kawhi would have been nice, but we don't need him to win. We still have 2 top 5 players. Clippers have great perimeter defense, but AD will eat up Clippers post-defense. Nobody is stopping AD in high-post or low-post. He will tear apart Zubac. Harrell is good defensively, but AD is on a different level.

Lets hope Cousins can be good. He was getting back to his old self before he tore his quad or w/e. He has to stay healthy because I think he and AD fit great together on paper. We don't yet know if they can fit chemistry-wise. We will know soon enough

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Lakers91's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    Jeez, people are going nuts on ish nba forum, reddit, etc.. People need to chill out. Lakers are fine.. Kawhi would have been nice, but we don't need him to win. We still have 2 top 5 players. Clippers have great perimeter defense, but AD will eat up Clippers post-defense. Nobody is stopping AD in high-post or low-post. He will tear apart Zubac. Harrell is good defensively, but AD is on a different level.

Lets hope Cousins can be good. He was getting back to his old self before he tore his quad or w/e. He has to stay healthy because I think he and AD fit great together on paper. We don't yet know if they can fit chemistry-wise. We will know soon enough
    Agreed everyone is overreacting a little bit, seems to be lost we still have another top 5-10 depending who you ask player in AD, who may well have an MVP caliber season this year if he stays healthy.

Cousins is a low risk high reward choice, I think after all the negative press he may come out with a chip on his shoulder and a point to prove, for 3.5million - go back two years prior to his achilles it was being reported we were considering trading half our young players for him - now we have him on a near minimum deal for 1 year I don't think we can complain with that, and McGee had a much improved season, it's hardly a bad tandem at C.

The PnR alone with LeBron and Davis will be near impossible to stop, regardless how good the other teams defenders are, the Clippers-Lakers matchup is gonna be close and damn good to watch...I ain't flying to LA to watch it so from the TV will have to do

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I wonder if they try to sign a bunch of these people to 1 year deals and then try again next season for another all-star.
    May well be slim pickings next year for players, just looking at it - after resiging AD, the best caliber players are Draymond/Drummond/Demar Derozan, maybe they try to recruit Demar again possibly? Though I dunno how that'd fit, the free agency classes aren't spectacular for a couple years as it currently stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers91
    May well be slim pickings next year for players, just looking at it - after resiging AD, the best caliber players are Draymond/Drummond/Demar Derozan, maybe they try to recruit Demar again possibly? Though I dunno how that'd fit, the free agency classes aren't spectacular for a couple years as it currently stands.
    Any 3-and-D guards like Seth Curry or Beverely?

Any 3-and-D guards like Seth Curry or Beverely?
    I can't fully look at the moment, but there's a 3pt shooter in Gordon available wouldn't say he has the defense part , https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2...en-kyle-lowry/ there's a list I'm not sure how accurate it is, if Gallinari is available probably isn't a bad option, Batum is probably the closest to 3&D based on that list if its accurate though he's not young. Specifically referring to guards that are unrestricted from a brief look doesn't seem to be too many, Conley is up but he will be getting probably the final big contract of his career (maybe big who knows).

NBA lottery pick

I think this roster is pretty much set now. If we see a trade it would likely be at the deadline.

I can't fully look at the moment, but there's a 3pt shooter in Gordon available wouldn't say he has the defense part , https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2...en-kyle-lowry/ there's a list I'm not sure how accurate it is, if Gallinari is available probably isn't a bad option, Batum is probably the closest to 3&D based on that list if its accurate though he's not young. Specifically referring to guards that are unrestricted from a brief look doesn't seem to be too many, Conley is up but he will be getting probably the final big contract of his career (maybe big who knows).
    Notables:
    -Caris LeVert, -- can't hit 3s
    -Bogdan Bogdanovic, -- doesn't seem to play good defense statistically
    -Dejounte Murray -- can't hit 3s
    -Fred VanVleet
    -Jeff Teague -- doesn't play good defense
    -Evan Fournier (player option) -- doesn't play good defense
    -Tony Snell (player option)

I just don't know which of these guards would be good fits.. Maybe VanVleet, but Raptors will pay him probably. Maybe Tony Snell on full MLE next summer?

Notables:
    -Caris LeVert, -- can't hit 3s
    -Bogdan Bogdanovic, -- doesn't seem to play good defense statistically
    -Dejounte Murray -- can't hit 3s
    -Fred VanVleet
    -Jeff Teague -- doesn't play good defense
    -Evan Fournier (player option) -- doesn't play good defense
    -Tony Snell (player option)

I just don't know which of these guards would be good fits.. Maybe VanVleet, but Raptors will pay him probably. Maybe Tony Snell on full MLE next summer?
    Yeah either theyre restricted or one of 3 and d but not both, LeBron will be another year older so maybe they look to add Derozan possibly who knows though hes not exactly young anymore, I'd like VanVleet but he seems to genuinely love being with the Raptors, itd take more than hes worth to get him away for him to want to leave and Toronto to let him go. Or maybe they look to trade but I don't know what assets have enough value to get anything great back.

Avery Bradley on 2 yr player option, not a bad deal, provides wing defense, wouldn't mind Oubre jr if hes still available as another pickup.

NBA lottery pick

Looks like Pelinka saw my post lol. That's a good role player to pickup.

Avery Bradley on 2 yr player option, not a bad deal, provides wing defense, wouldn't mind Oubre jr if hes still available as another pickup.
    Yup, Bradley still plays good defense. I do wonder about his shooting though.. He feels bit too redundant with KCP though - KCP might actually be slightly better now.

I'm pretty damn sure a mid-season trade is coming. Whoever doesn't play well is out and whoever plays well stays. We have some good trade assets and depth now. Pelinka has done a good job so far.

We still have 1 slot remaining. I'm hoping for Korver. What if we send our rookie to d-league? Wouldn't that open up an extra slot? Iguodala.. Come to the light side of the force >:)
    Last edited by bladefd; 07-08-2019 at 04:07 PM.

According to Yahoo's Haynes, Lakers plan on starting LeBron at pointguard.

LeBron at point is not going to last.

You can't have a massive lineup of:
    Cousins
    AD
    Kuzma
    Green
    LeBron

This is not 80s or 90s nba where a lineup like that would work. I think Kuzma is best in 6th man role -- you can just plug him in for Cousins/AD/LeBron since he can play both 3 and 4 (so can LeBron, AD can also play 4 or 5).

As season progresses, I expect us to end up with this:
    Cousins
    AD
    LeBron
    Green
    Bradley (or KCP)

Kuzma 6th man

You always want 2 3-and-D guys out there if you have LeBron on team. I just hope Kuzma doesn't pull a stunt like Ingram inserting himself into starting lineup & forcing Luke to start him at 2. Kuzma doesn't seem like that sort of person, but you never know.

I wouldn't mind AD, Kuzma, LeBron, Green, Bradley (or KCP).. but I feel like Cousins/AD duo is almost unstoppable in the post, and both can also push out to the 3pt line. Kuzma fits best in 6th man role unless if he vastly improved his defense/3pt shooting