Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old Yesterday, 10:55 PM   #421
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Off-season - Post Conley trade

https://www.slcdunk.com/nba-offseaso...vs-rockets-90s

Quote:
It also confirms the city court will be back next season also.

That sucks unless they put it on grey or black
Xiao Yao You is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:58 PM   #422
Xiao Yao You

https://thejnotes.com/2019/08/23/ken...e-joakim-noah/

I think he could be a good fit. They have some flexibility at least to do something later if they need to
Old Today, 02:57 AM   #423
Xiao Yao You

For Ingles and his wife, Renae, who learned in January that their then-2-year-old son, Jacob, was autistic and chose to share that meaningful message with the world, this was the sort of bigger-than-basketball moment they cherish these days. Inside Marvel Stadium where the two teams are facing off, the couple launched Melbourne’s first sensory room. A what, you ask? Yeah, I did too. And that alone tells you that there’s not enough awareness for this disorder that affected one out of every 59 kids worldwide in 2018. A sensory room is, in essence, a safe space for autistic kids to spend time when the outside world is proving to be too stressful. It’s customized for their needs, with all the activities and offerings inside intended to calm their minds and soothe their souls. – via The Athletic

The goal, as they see it, is to have these sorts of events and facilities be the norm rather than the exception. And as Joe explained to The Athletic in a phone interview this week, the Marvel Stadium sensory room represents the latest evidence that they’re making meaningful change. “That was a really cool accomplishment that we didn’t really ever think we’d get, and I guess it’s just a lot of that stuff now, of helping other people,” Joe said. “Our whole mindset behind it is, ‘Why shouldn’t Jacob or his family feel comfortable going to these events (rather than) not being able to enjoy it? If me, Renae and the twins go, and Jacob’s not having a good time, I can take him into the sensory room and I can still watch the basketball and football on the screen that we’ve put in there, but Jacob is also (ok). The anxiety and the noise and the colors, whatever it is that he’s not enjoying – he can go to a very safe space where he can really enjoy the event that’s on.” – via The Athletic

“Jacob is killing it,” Joe said. “He’s done about six or seven months of therapy now. He started in the States, then we came back to Melbourne and he’s really – over the last two months over here – been unreal with kind of learning and seeing his little different way of thinking. The way that the clinic he goes to is helping him prepare for life is pretty cool to see. “He’s progressing pretty rapidly, and it’s the small little milestones that are the wins for us right now. And we’re seeing a lot of them. I guess in saying that, it’s still a long process. It’s not going to change overnight, but for the next few years that will be our life.” – via The Athletic
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: